What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand in India: 3 x T20 and 2 Tests - Nov/Dec 2021

Rod

Bench
I mean NZ was missing their best bowler and 2nd best batsman too, so there's that.

Hutty1986

Immortal
So all going well, NZ could have their first ever test series win in India after the next game? Just checked their series stats, and i could have missed something but a great chance to make some history

JJ

Immortal
So all going well, NZ could have their first ever test series win in India after the next game? Just checked their series stats, and i could have missed something but a great chance to make some history
yep, we drew a series 1-1 in early 70s...

311/7 Southee with 4...

re Jamieson, wtf do you mean "remarkable about his action or pace"? His action is fine, his pace good, he swings the ball, and is a giant - pretty clear he's a very good test bowler
Speaking in terms of the sterotypical fast bowler.. He is more Philander or Abbas than say a Bumrah, Hazlewood or Robarda. His biggest asset is he is 2m so gets abnormal bounce from a good length, is accurate and yes he swings the ball.. like most Kiwis. Be interested to see how he'd go on the harder bouncier Aussie decks.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
This is why Test cricket will never match T20....Who wants to see a dramatic, edge of your seat draw when you can watch a big-levered Bison belting below average bowlers all over Burswood Stadium on his way to a Big Bash Boost point?

JJ

Immortal
Speaking in terms of the sterotypical fast bowler.. He is more Philander or Abbas than say a Bumrah, Hazlewood or Robarda. His biggest asset is he is 2m so gets abnormal bounce from a good length, is accurate and yes he swings the ball.. like most Kiwis. Be interested to see how he'd go on the harder bouncier Aussie decks.

probably similar pace to Hazelwood - he's really new as a bowler, and being a huge human always helps - his record won't stay this insanely good, but he does enough to trouble good players in all the conditions he's played in so far... I think the bounce will help him once he works out the right lengths - which he seems pretty astute about

probably similar pace to Hazelwood
Haze is quicker. More McGrath's pace is Jamieson. I can see him causing problems on very bouncy decks at the Gabba and Perth Stadium. Actually we both have a 2m bowler. While your bloke is far more experienced at FC level our Cam Green is reinventing himself after two years out due to stress fractures. Yours is thriving in Test cricket while ours has struggled. Is yet to take a Test wicket. I'd like Cam to reduce his pace to better utilize his elevation and bowl clever like Jamo, if he wants to be a first change batting all rounder. If he stays at present pace and intensity he may cruel what promises to be a special Test batting career.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
This is why Test cricket will never match T20....Who wants to see a dramatic, edge of your seat draw when you can watch a big-levered Bison belting below average bowlers all over Burswood Stadium on his way to a Big Bash Boost point?
I trust the BCCI, I mean ICC, are considering these important issues as a priority

King-Gutho94

Coach
No levers and didn’t even get the Big Bash Booooooost point FFS!!!

Well done Kiwis, tough effort to hang on with a pitch doing plenty. Team India need to find some better Umps.
The Umpires obivously havent improved over there since 2001 then

I saw highlights the other day from that famous kolkata test in 2001 where india knocked off the aussies after following on and broke the 16 game winning streak

There was some of the worst of umpiring you will see. Harbajhan hatrick was a joke. Gilly absolutely smashed it

Some of the lbws given in the 2nd innings the umpire raised the finger the moment the ball hit the pads