What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand in India: 3 x T20 and 2 Tests - Nov/Dec 2021

Bazal

Post Whore
Was it that clear? Haven’t seen it yet

regardless, some umpiring careers likely over…

Oh he 1000% hammered it.

But the third umpire couldn't conclusively say whether it was bat or pad first. At full speed it looked blatant. In slow-mo, it was between frames.

There'll be some effigies in the works for sure

Reactions: JJ

Hutty1986

Immortal
Superb hundred from Agarwal. NZ need to blast away around him, or this game will slip away very quickly at this rate.

Rod

Bench
A nice spell from Ajaz covered what was a pretty terrible day from NZ all up. Jamieson had one of his only bad days as a test cricketer so far and Somerville showed what a terrible call it was to not bring in Wagner. India batted nicely but it was a good toss to win.

Meth

Staff member
Honestly, I don't want to pile on but I just don't get Somerville. The fact that he's still considered one of our better spinners exposes how short we are in that facet of the game. You obviously are going to need spin to win in India, but I'm not sure trotting out somebody who is clearly mediocre and past it is not going to get the job done. As the conditions are so suited to spin, so too the Indian batsmen, who cut their teeth batting in those conditions, are accustomed to facing spin and they're not going to have any trouble facing a 37 year old Will Somerville.

He and Patel got the job done in Abu Dhabi once and now we think they can be a match winning pair.

JJ

Immortal
A
Honestly, I don't want to pile on but I just don't get Somerville. The fact that he's still considered one of our better spinners exposes how short we are in that facet of the game. You obviously are going to need spin to win in India, but I'm not sure trotting out somebody who is clearly mediocre and past it is not going to get the job done. As the conditions are so suited to spin, so too the Indian batsmen, who cut their teeth batting in those conditions, are accustomed to facing spin and they're not going to have any trouble facing a 37 year old Will Somerville.

He and Patel got the job done in Abu Dhabi once and now we think they can be a match winning pair.

x2, Ajaz is a good bowler, he usually shows that when he plays.

regardless of the conditions I really don’t understand playing Somerville ahead of Wagner, in fact in these conditions I’m not sure why Wagner isn’t first picked. That said, Southee has been consistently excellent for a few years now, and as someone said this is the first mediocre test day KJ has had.

Bazal

Post Whore
I almost feel like they expected Somerville to be the guy that bowls 45 overs for 1/80?

Which is a bit of a vain hope in India

JJ

Immortal
Phillips would offer more than Somerville tbh

really cool for Ajaz to play a test in the city he was born in, and do this

JJ

Immortal
Patel gets his 7th, can he get all 10?? A real possibility

India 7/291
Argawal out for 150
If they keep bowling old man Will I’d put the house on it
Ajaz is a terrific bowler, horrible tgat Santner has ever played ahead of him tbh

Latest posts