What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And posting shit about a 16 yr old?? I just said he’ll be fast tracked just like his brother and won’t be far away just like his brother. He could be there next Cameron Smith or Mart Keating either way he’ll be fast tracked. Hardly posting shit about him!!!!

Here’s some more exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!!
3FF2A902-157D-4A39-89AE-3462E22DC418.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I just cant stand this little shit anymore and hope he loses his spot to Rein in 2022. Just f**k off already. The rest I can deal with. Even Paulo if he decides to go. I always suspected (Paulo) was a bit of a peanut too.

1d743d3fb61a90dc24d654c1692f2e57
He hasn’t even signed with the Dogs left, he wasn’t the one who decided to low ball himself. While he’s playing for Parra he has my support. In 2023 and he’s not an Eel someone can f**k his eyes!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
In 2022 don't we have the following 9's (in order of preference) Mahoney/Rein/Hands?

So in 2023 we either sign someone like Verrills to step into Mahoney's spot as our number 1 dummy-half and/or we offer an extension to Rein if he does ok in 2022. Either way, Hands will debut for sure in 2022 I reckon because the club will want to see how he handles first grade before 2023.

Stone is probably fourth choice just like he was this year.
TFFT.

lingard

Coach
We’ve already lost Ferguson, Niukore, Papali’i and Mahoney over the course of the next two seasons without signing anyone of note. This is despite not even coming close to a grand final appearance. I’m sorry but if we don’t make any significant signings but continue to lose our talent then it becomes very hard for me to understand as a fan. If we’re going to lose our talent I want to see a tangible reason for it eg we ended up signing X player instead. My issue is we’re losing our talent and not seeing any reason as to what course of action is being taken to offset this. Do you think Penrith is sitting there bragging about how they’re not splurging or are they getting the job done by re-signing their talent such as Leota, Fisher Harris, Crichton, Luai, Yeo in 2021? When they can retain those players despite making a grand final then it makes our retention look weak in comparison.
You're right. There's a balance to be had between "not paying overs" and having some common sense. A club has to pay 'overs' for key players in order to build a side around them. Melbourne do this, and just recycle the lesser players. You can't just make a blanket rule to stick to the market value of every player in the team and refuse to pay a penny more. That is suicidal. Dennis Fitzgerald decided not to pay money for big-name stars in the late eighties/nineties. Just tried to rely on local juniors. We all know how that ended up. Unfortunately looks like that's what Parramatta might be doing now. They have to be flexible, though, or we'll end up with a side full of Neville Nobodies in the near future. I hope they know what they're doing

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We lost established first graders who were excelling in their positions and are replacing them with untested kids. My point is that Penrith were able to re-sign a lot of their established superstars without being subject to the same bidding wars that are ravaging our club. I’d love to know who exactly the nucleus of this club is supposed to be.
They are five years ahead of us. Compare Penrith 2016-17 to the Eels now. Around that time they had these established first graders:

Blake
Campbell-Gillard
Cartwright
Hiku
Latimore
Latu
McKendry
Mansour
Matagi
Merrin
Moylan
Peachey
Soward
Tamou
Wallace
Watene-Zelezniak
Whare

None of them were involved in their recent premiership. Meanwhile in 2016 these blokes were just coming into first grade:

Cleary
Edwards
Leota

Kikau and May made their debuts the following year, while Capewell and Sorensen were nuffies at Cronulla and Canberra, respectively. Seven members of the 2021 grand final team hadn't even made their NRL debuts by the end of 2017.

Koroisau had left their club already, as had their coach Ivan Cleary. The only blokes from the 2021 grand final side who played 20+ games for Penrith in 2016 were JFH and Yeo.

If you want to complain that we are so far behind them from a club building perspective, you might have a point. But complaining won't fix it. We need to be patient.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They are five years ahead of us. Compare Penrith 2016-17 to the Eels now. Around that time they had these established first graders:

Blake
Campbell-Gillard
Cartwright
Hiku
Latimore
Latu
McKendry
Mansour
Matagi
Merrin
Moylan
Peachey
Soward
Tamou
Wallace
Watene-Zelezniak
Whare

None of them were involved in their recent premiership. Meanwhile in 2016 these blokes were just coming into first grade:

Cleary
Edwards
Leota

Kikau and May made their debuts the following year, while Capewell and Sorensen were nuffies at Cronulla and Canberra, respectively. Seven members of the 2021 grand final team hadn't even made their NRL debuts by the end of 2017.

Koroisau had left their club already, as had their coach Ivan Cleary. The only blokes from the 2021 grand final side who played 20+ games for Penrith in 2016 were JFH and Yeo.

If you want to complain that we are so far behind them from a club building perspective, you might have a point. But complaining won't fix it. We need to be patient.
So we have just 5 more years to wait?? That’s very exciting!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penrith managed to re-sign Leota, Fisher-Harris, Crichton, Yeo, Luai a year after making a grand final. Meanwhile we made it to week 2 last season and lost our best forward for the season and our rising hooker and people are still trying to justify how we shouldn’t worry about re-signing Paulo because we’d wreck our salary cap. It’s ridiculous. You can’t tell me those Penrith players wouldn’t be worth more than a lot of our players.
All recruited (and retained) over the years because they aren't motivated entirely by money. I assume the ones they got rid of over the years (including Peachey and club captain Moylan) are the ones more likely to chase the dollar.

lingard

Coach
We are trying to responsibly manage our cap, so that we don't end up like a club that needs to shed players, in order to fit in new signings.

If it turns out that it is better business to see players go elsewhere for more money, so that we can retain certain key players, and sign and/or promote lower-priced players, then why not go for it?
This is all fine and good. But a club has to earmark the players that they really want/need to keep. In my humble (and maybe not so knowledgeable) opinion,
Mahoney was one of those players. And, really, I think Parramatta will regret letting go Marata and Papalii. To me it looks more like the club was caught unawares, rather than displaying any judicious managing of the cap.