What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Kerr

Gareth67

First Grade
If the big fella cannot set the world on fire this season then I would say that he would be better off at the Dolphins under the coaching of rugby league's immortal mentor Wayne Bennett .

If anyone can take him to the next level , then Bennett is the man to do it .

Last edited:

Changa

Juniors
Extract from Kerr article:
"I want to play at the end of the day too, and playing two positions and mastering my craft at both of them will help me get into that side but I think the boys (Griffin's) brought in it's going to be tough to fit into the side," he said...."My mentality has changed a lot. (Whether I'm playing) middle or edge I want to make sure I'm the best in the competition."

Seems pretty level headed and knows he's not the first picked in either front row or edge this season, but needs form and versatility to land a spot.
Personally I think he could earn a bench spot, with Hook focusing on size and go-forward next year.

Walpole

Juniors
Extract from Kerr article:
"I want to play at the end of the day too, and playing two positions and mastering my craft at both of them will help me get into that side but I think the boys (Griffin's) brought in it's going to be tough to fit into the side," he said...."My mentality has changed a lot. (Whether I'm playing) middle or edge I want to make sure I'm the best in the competition."

Seems pretty level headed and knows he's not the first picked in either front row or edge this season, but needs form and versatility to land a spot.
Personally I think he could earn a bench spot, with Hook focusing on size and go-forward next year.
Kerr has to realise that his low impact last year was one of the reasons Hook had to go out and get all the new forwards. Looks like he can either knuckle down and try and fight his way into the squad (through reggies) or become a Dolphin.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
big year for Birdy.....maybe in the backrow?

for me im not sold on Birdy
Im not sure if his stats are miles ahead are they?

SnowDragon

Juniors
Kerr could find that confidence at any time, and when he does he can be elite (though he may never).
let’s see If he makes it. I hope he does make it, really like the guy. But if not soon, then a change may be best for all.

BBTB

Juniors
Prior became very professional & tradesman like

Kerr is yet to attain that level but does show more potential which unfortunately may never be realised.
Give Kerr one more go at it,in the front row, if he doesn't fire
give him the flick......he's definitely no backrower.To slow of the mark,& slow lateral movement in defence.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Nah possm he just doesn't do it for me wishing the best with what ever he does.....
Kerr , along with a few others have been on a good wicket here for several seasons
Well paid with little pressure to perform
NOW he has some genuine competition for a first grade spot
He has two choices
1 work his ass off and fight like hell to earn a starting role or on the bench , in a more than competitive and confronting forward pack
OR
2 take the retirement package and easy money on offer at the Dolphins
Hoping he takes 1 But being realistic will take 2