What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow!! - Brett Finch incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Not making any conclusions as to guilt or innocence in this specific case, but I have wondered if this category of crime would be the next thing to be dragged under the "mental health" umbrella. I mean they already do it for probably the one thing worse than this: murder. People have got extremely light sentences or even no prison time at all for killing if they can convincingly make a case related to mental health. I haven't yet heard it in this area but I have felt that it was only a matter of time before a defense lawyer went there.
I rate crimes against children as more serious than murder... and anyone stuffing around with kids obviously has a serious mental health issue and should be noted but excluded from impact on judgement and punishment handed down.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I rate crimes against children as more serious than murder... and anyone stuffing around with kids obviously has a serious mental health issue and should be noted but excluded from impact on judgement and punishment handed down.
Mad or Bad? Always an interesting social debate

JamesRustle

First Grade
Mad or Bad? Always an interesting social debate
I think the mad enables the bad. If you're a good person the mad doesn't come out as reprehensible behaviour. If you're a bad person without much self-control or conscious, the mad enables you to do bad shit.

Always look for the good in someone... but in certain cases, it's a bullet.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not making any conclusions as to guilt or innocence in this specific case, but I have wondered if this category of crime would be the next thing to be dragged under the "mental health" umbrella. I mean they already do it for probably the one thing worse than this: murder. People have got extremely light sentences or even no prison time at all for killing if they can convincingly make a case related to mental health. I haven't yet heard it in this area but I have felt that it was only a matter of time before a defense lawyer went there.
I'm presuming you're meaning for the kids whose lives are totally destroyed by these fiends.

AJB1102

First Grade
*(Almost certainly not lefty) former NRL player charged with sharing child abuse material*

@AnonymousLurker : “I knew it was them woke lefties. Even when it wasn’t them woke lefties I knew it was them”.
They were replying to an article about a professor, not the Finch case. Never mentioned "lefties" and the wording "attempted wokeism" implies they failed at being 'woke' not that 'woke' is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chippy73

Bench
Because the vocal minority that scream that they are "woke" are generally f**kwits.
I've literally never known anyone who has screamed and/or loudly announced that they're woke...maybe turn off Sky After Dark? Go outside...pat a dog?

soc123_au

Staff member
I've literally never known anyone who has screamed and/or loudly announced that they're woke...maybe turn off Sky After Dark? Go outside...pat a dog?
I dont know anyone personally like that either. I dont even know what Sky After Dark is, so not that. But if you haven't seen or heard examples of it in mainstream media then you aren't paying attention. From what I can tell, most are Hollywood types using it as a platform to pump their brand.

blaza88z

Coach

It might have happened but all the crime cases I have seen (mainly the mainstream doco's on the foxtel crime channel) being mentally ill doesn't excuse you of the behaviour, just in America if you are proven to be insane you won't cop the death penalty, at least that's how it was, not sure if it's still like that. They still inevitably get life, they just get life in a mental health facility.

You can be mad and not bad, just because you decide to be bad doesn't excuse you of the the behaviour, it's a choice made by the individual, not because they were suffering from some sort of mental health related issue.

Do you have any examples of where someone played the mental health card and got completely let off despite all evidence leading to the individual being guilty? I would be interested to see it.

It might have happened but all the crime cases I have seen (mainly the mainstream doco's on the foxtel crime channel) being mentally ill doesn't excuse you of the behaviour, just in America if you are proven to be insane you won't cop the death penalty, at least that's how it was, not sure if it's still like that. They still inevitably get life, they just get life in a mental health facility.

You can be mad and not bad, just because you decide to be bad doesn't excuse you of the the behaviour, it's a choice made by the individual, not because they were suffering from some sort of mental health related issue.
Do you have any examples of where someone played the mental health card and got completely let off despite all evidence leading to the individual being guilty? I would be interested to see it.

Yeah, I don’t think an indeterminate period in a mental health prison facility would be fun.

I knew a mental health prison nurse once, he said some of the patients had to be injected with stuff regularly that he reckoned would kill a person who was “normal”

They can hyper-up, prone to sudden fits and rages, staff and other patients are attacked and maimed for life for no logical reason. The staff walk about in certain ways to increase their response time when they are attacked.

This is every day.

These poor folk can’t control themselves either.

This is their reality.

Old mate nurse passed away…too young.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah, I don’t think an indeterminate period in a mental health prison facility would be fun.

I knew a nurse once, he said some of the patients had to be injected with stuff regularly that he reckoned would kill a person who was “normal”

They can hyper-up, prone to sudden fits and rages, staff and other patients are attacked and maimed for life for no logical reason. The staff walk about in certain ways to increase their response time when they are attacked.

This is every day.

These poor folk can’t control themselves either.

This is reality.
I worked in broadmoor for a short time when I was a psych nurse, very scary place. The patients had to stop and back up to the wall if you were going to pass in the corridor. In some ways it’s not as harsh as prison but in others it was worse, or was 25 years ago when I was there.

I worked in broadmoor for a short time when I was a psych nurse, very scary place. The patients had to stop and back up to the wall if you were going to pass in the corridor. In some ways it’s not as harsh as prison but in others it was worse, or was 25 years ago when I was there.

Well done.

10 minutes would do me for a lifetime.

Staff at these places deserve massive coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts