What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
For the folks at home, Burto is the next immortal.

If you missed Johnny Raper, you may never see a better footy player in your life time.

It saddens me that we didn’t seem to offer him a nice fat contract and a captaincy given how easily they are bandied about.

Maybe this was the reason Adam was sacked?

The smoking gun.

That and his lack of political nous.
and he was a useless fat caaarrnt.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Nikora would be awesome for us, particularly given Blore is battling injuries and will take some time to push into the top 17 next year, plus Tuilagi is apparently heading to Manly. If Tuilagi is actually staying with us then I reckon he would be quality off the bench and keep the starting backrowers honest.

Speaking of back rowers - I'm so f**king impressed with the way Luciano has been carrying himself. If anyone had an excuse to phone it in this year, it's him...but no, he's having a f**king dig and has nothing but good words for Madge and the club (he said something to the line of "Madge is the best coach I've ever had). To have an outgoing player act like this is so fkn refreshing. I hope he kills it this year, and even continues his form at the Cowboys, except for the games he plays against us where he has an "off-game" haha

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Speaking of back rowers - I'm so f**king impressed with the way Luciano has been carrying himself. If anyone had an excuse to phone it in this year, it's him...but no, he's having a f**king dig and has nothing but good words for Madge and the club (he said something to the line of "Madge is the best coach I've ever had). To have an outgoing player act like this is so fkn refreshing. I hope he kills it this year, and even continues his form at the Cowboys, except for the games he plays against us where he has an "off-game" haha
Luciano has said he never wanted to leave but I think $$$$ further up north got the better of him. For a young family like his it's completely understandable. Plus the stuff with his brothers exit of the club, he's handled the situation professionally unlike the other flops that have left

The report was that he saw how much Paps was offered and felt a bit lonely. He was asking 2.5 times factory price and as good as he is, he is not worth more than Cameron Murray.

He was a strident supporter of Madge during the inquisition, went out on a limb and made public statements to that effect. So he was loyal in that respect.

His mum is very ill. I hope he doesn’t miss time with her.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
SHARKS STAR ON THE OUTER

The Wests Tigers are targeting Sharks star Briton Nikora as the Kiwi international looks set to be squeezed out of Cronulla this year.

The 24-year-old has played four Tests for New Zealand and made two Maori All Stars appearances since making his NRL debut a the Sharks in 2019.

Nikora is off contract at the end of this season and has not been able to agree to terms for a new deal with the Sharks, according to WWOS.

TIGERS RISK LOSING RISING STAR

The Tigers are slowly revamping their roster under newly appointed head of football Tim Sheens, but they could be set to lose a rising star.

Former Australian Schoolboys captain Jock Madden played some minutes in the trial against the Roosters, but the halfback is stuck behind Luke Brooks, Jackson Hastings and Tyrone Peachey.

Madden, 21, would reportedly entertain moving clubs on the promise of more game time.

Wests Tigers youngster Jock Madden. Picture: Supplied by Wests Tigers
Wests Tigers youngster Jock Madden. Picture: Supplied by Wests TigersSource: Supplied

The 21-year-old made three NRL appearances last year - including his debut - and the Sea Eagles are reportedly interested in his services.

Manly have little playmaking depth behind veterans Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran and could look to bring Madden across for next season.

While there has been plenty of speculation around Brooks’ future, Tigers coach Michael Maguire shot that down earlier last month.

“I might leave it at that… and let him do the talking,” Maguire said when asked about the reports Brooks had been having his best-ever pre-season.

“Everyone has an opinion around that space, but I’m really pleased with where he’s at and it’s about doing it on the field now so lets him do the talking.”

Tiger Ted

Bench
SHARKS STAR ON THE OUTER

The Wests Tigers are targeting Sharks star Briton Nikora as the Kiwi international looks set to be squeezed out of Cronulla this year.

The 24-year-old has played four Tests for New Zealand and made two Maori All Stars appearances since making his NRL debut a the Sharks in 2019.

Nikora is off contract at the end of this season and has not been able to agree to terms for a new deal with the Sharks, according to WWOS.

TIGERS RISK LOSING RISING STAR

The Tigers are slowly revamping their roster under newly appointed head of football Tim Sheens, but they could be set to lose a rising star.

Former Australian Schoolboys captain Jock Madden played some minutes in the trial against the Roosters, but the halfback is stuck behind Luke Brooks, Jackson Hastings and Tyrone Peachey.

Madden, 21, would reportedly entertain moving clubs on the promise of more game time.

Wests Tigers youngster Jock Madden. Picture: Supplied by Wests Tigers
Wests Tigers youngster Jock Madden. Picture: Supplied by Wests TigersSource: Supplied

The 21-year-old made three NRL appearances last year - including his debut - and the Sea Eagles are reportedly interested in his services.

Manly have little playmaking depth behind veterans Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran and could look to bring Madden across for next season.

While there has been plenty of speculation around Brooks’ future, Tigers coach Michael Maguire shot that down earlier last month.

“I might leave it at that… and let him do the talking,” Maguire said when asked about the reports Brooks had been having his best-ever pre-season.

“Everyone has an opinion around that space, but I’m really pleased with where he’s at and it’s about doing it on the field now so lets him do the talking.”

Too bad there’s a huge disconnnect between how brooks performs in pre-season vs competition proper.

Too bad there’s a huge disconnnect between how brooks performs in pre-season vs competition proper.

Yeah, but with the news, my annual Brooksy failure predictor has dropped from 70 to 65%.

Simply because one of his challengers is now in greater demand.

But relying on Brooks to do the talking, shoots him further up the scale of risk.

So I’m going to raise him to 75% failure.

He hits 85, he’s off to the knights, Hastings to half back, jock retained and promoted.

Raid on Panthers seeing they all want out.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeah, but with the news, my annual Brooksy failure predictor has dropped from 70 to 65%.

But relying on Brooks to do the talking, shoots him further up the scale of risk.

He hits 85, he’s off to the knights, Hastings to half back, jock retained and promoted.

I will b surprised if brooks hasn’t gone to the knights by seasons end.If Hastings performs really well I reckon brooks will be gone sooner than later.

The Rosco

Bench

Phantom, I've often suggested that you have a shed full of herbs out Silverdale way.
And you often tell me that you don't.
After reading this post of yours and all the numbering, and scales and predictors and such . . . . if you honestly don't have a shed full of weed . . . well, maybe it's about time you look into it.

Phantom, I've often suggested that you have a shed full of herbs out Silverdale way.
And you often tell me that you don't.
After reading this post of yours and all the numbering, and scales and predictors and such . . . . if you honestly don't have a shed full of weed . . . well, maybe it's about time you look into it.

Mate…you’re way off the program, eels forum buddy @Poupou Escobar -has often deployed figures and modelling to illustrate a point.

His submission that the Panthers have a 15% chance of winning the title this year made for a very lively discussion recently.

I was hoping he would grace us with his Wests Tigers % predictions ( in figures).