What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
I'm already, starting to think about what next weeks press conference is going to be about, regardless if we win or lose,

randomdragon

Juniors
griffin is not going to get sacked no matter what you see in the media. move on. Everyone knows deep down we have had a tough draw. people are using the poor results to push their agenda of hate against hook. can't imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't announce his resigning at the start of the year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
griffin is not going to get sacked no matter what you see in the media. move on. Everyone knows deep down we have had a tough draw. people are using the poor results to push their agenda of hate against hook. can't imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't announce his resigning at the start of the year.
QFP

possm

Coach
It’s not a rumour but a fact
We need to move the following players out the door
Macca - Father Time has caught up with him
Simms - Great player but …
Ford
Kerr
Alvaro
Farmer
Skating on thin ice - Lawrie
Yes and then bite the bullet:
Ponga
Matt Feagai
Suli - run straight and set up your winger
Lomax - catch the ball and hold it when your tackled
Ravalawa
Bird
Amone
Molo
Hunt
Haas
Burnss
Su'A
De Belin

3 marquee players 3m our of a 10m cap:
Ponga
Haas
Hunt for 1 year

BLM01

First Grade
Shane Flanagan anyone?
Yes. I dont buy for one second he was brought in to look after recruitment
The timing was suspicious
They only extended Hook so early just for player / manager club stability to sign players
and the SMH recent article.. again timely after a below average start

Not saying they were planning to get rid of Hook yet but Flanno is their insurance policy
If anything he was brought in to look at what is going on, the job title...well, a smoke screen
They were not sold on Hook yet but rightly so after last year ending and player disregard (re BBQ),
they wanted to wait to see what he dished out this year
I was and still am prepared to give Hook a chance with on field performing based on what he took over.
But like our club should be, I am starting to be concerned and he will have to turn things around reasonably quickly otherwise I will jump on the HOOK HOOK bus

BLM01

First Grade
Triple M is reporting that the Dragons will consider sacking Anthony Griffin if performances do not improve due to his very low payout

Josh McGuire, Daniel Alvaro , Poasa Fa’amusili and Jackson Ford will reportedly not be re-signed

And Jack Bird will reportedly have his contract offer pulled after he did not sign by deadline
Hmm. You will find Bird has re-signed
Just not announced yet

SGMax

Juniors
Finally got the nerve to watch the Souths game and am starting to realise how many Dragons fans are panicking.
All this talk of paying out Griffin is premature and driven by Gould supporting Dragon hating media....and many Saints supporters are feeding the fire.
Did anyone really think we would have won more than 2 games at this stage of the season? Really?

I understand we capitulated badly to the sharks and were smashed in the 2nd half against Parra, but we have had some good signs....
* We led for most of the game against the Warriors before winning by 14.
* We came close to beating the premiers and kept them scoreless in the 2nd half.
* We stayed with Parra in the 1st half.
* Although clearly not as good as Souths, Dragons didn't throw in the towel and showed they can hold them out even though they had far more opportunities to attack in our red zone.

A little patience will serve us far better than destabilising our tem with a caretaker coach and make us even more on the nose with potential signings.

Puff

First Grade
Finally got the nerve to watch the Souths game and am starting to realise how many Dragons fans are panicking.
All this talk of paying out Griffin is premature and driven by Gould supporting Dragon hating media....and many Saints supporters are feeding the fire.
Did anyone really think we would have won more than 2 games at this stage of the season? Really?

I understand we capitulated badly to the sharks and were smashed in the 2nd half against Parra, but we have had some good signs....
* We led for most of the game against the Warriors before winning by 14.
* We came close to beating the premiers and kept them scoreless in the 2nd half.
* We stayed with Parra in the 1st half.
* Although clearly not as good as Souths, Dragons didn't throw in the towel and showed they can hold them out even though they had far more opportunities to attack in our red zone.

A little patience will serve us far better than destabilising our tem with a caretaker coach and make us even more on the nose with potential signings.
I didn’t think we would have won many. The reason for that is our roster. And who is to blame for our roster and their performance. Everyone. If I could sack the lot I would, problem is, it’s the chicken before the egg argument. Who will do the sacking if they should all be sacked.

The farce of a members voting situation at our club needs to change. Because this shit has to stop. And with no voice as a paid member there is no point. As a result I and on the verge of f**king this sinking ship off because of the situation and the inability to do shit about it. Its like a dictatorship that we all support, and say give it time. We have won 1 comp in 40 years. How much time do you want to show you something is wrong!

BBTB

Juniors
I didn’t think we would have won many. The reason for that is our roster. And who is to blame for our roster and their performance. Everyone. If I could sack the lot I would, problem is, it’s the chicken before the egg argument. Who will do the sacking if they should all be sacked.

The farce of a members voting situation at our club needs to change. Because this shit has to stop. And with no voice as a paid member there is no point. As a result I and on the verge of f**king this sinking ship off because of the situation and the inability to do shit about it. Its like a dictatorship that we all support, and say give it time. We have won 1 comp in 40 years. How much time do you want to show you something is wrong!
Spot on with your comments. This CLUB is a disgrace.
These PARASITES running our club, should be" burned"at the stake.
In particular the GORDON'S
what in hell's have these schisters done for STGI, EXCEPT under pay them for their 49%. Have not contributed one thing to the club.
If this fraudulent behaviour happened in the outside business world the perpetrators would be before the courts. The whole place stinks to the high heavens.
Mismanagement & dicey deals rule at this once PROUD STGEORGE CLUB.

mickeylane

Bench
Yes. I dont buy for one second he was brought in to look after recruitment
The timing was suspicious
They only extended Hook so early just for player / manager club stability to sign players
and the SMH recent article.. again timely after a below average start

Not saying they were planning to get rid of Hook yet but Flanno is their insurance policy
If anything he was brought in to look at what is going on, the job title...well, a smoke screen
They were not sold on Hook yet but rightly so after last year ending and player disregard (re BBQ),
they wanted to wait to see what he dished out this year
I was and still am prepared to give Hook a chance with on field performing based on what he took over.
But like our club should be, I am starting to be concerned and he will have to turn things around reasonably quickly otherwise I will jump on the HOOK HOOK bus
I agree w this assumption

Yow

Juniors

Scum one in 55 years

Latest posts