What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Roosters

HenryTatana

Juniors
Two points

1. Where's that Roosters troll who was on last week telling us Knights were dudded?

2. The tackle of Tupou on Ravalawa makes a MOCKERY of this sport given some of the suspensions and bins we've received over the last year. I think back to Vaughan on a sharks player for accidentally brushing his nose, Pereira on Tedesco and some of the hip high tackle suspensions given to the rava himself.

Just heard Abdo even said it should have been a bin.

Appalling officiating.
Another example of how poor the game has become was when the bunker interfered during the play and then we successfully challenged. Where was the bunker when Manu knocked on?

HenryTatana

Juniors
Yes it’s always a pleasure to beat the Bondi latte - set especially on Anzac Day . Can only repeat what you gents have already said - tough uncompromising defence by the Dragons today with Ben Hunt once again showing his class and worth to the team .

And regardless of the change of tactics in the 2nd half , Griffin had them playing as a team - they are beginning to gel and if we can keep our best 17 on the field the Big Red V season will go up a notch or three . Well done boys ! 😇
Maybe they can practice attack at training this week?

jeffdragon

Bench
as mentioned what a gutsy effort by the boys to hold on .. real heart in mouth stuff especially last 10 minutes
Once we lost birdy we had moose and mcullough having to play entire 80 We were out on our feet midway through the 2nd half so its a real credit to the players for holding on . Woods offloads are a bonus but he is slow around the ruck for me which causes problems . Now we MUST beat the tigers to continue momentum Injuries are going to hurt us and I wouldnt risk sua if a week off will help him later in the season ..

Congrats to the team and wont it be one hell of a rendition in the dressing room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh when the Saints .......................
Sing it loud and proud boys.

jeffdragon

Bench
All in all its not going to get you far in the comp.

If we are scared of giving away the 7 tackle set why are we so happy to kick on the 3rd tackle? I think we even kicked one on the 2nd today. I get that its about field position but it was our confidence in the first half that gave us 14 point lead. That particular tactic was not one of a team who has belief and confidence. Surely Hunt can roll some kicks into the in goal, give it a bit of angle, not that hard. Maybe they'll knock it on or at worst get it out of their in goal. If anything the tactic would have given the Roosters more belief in themselves.

Might be wrong but I am not a fan. Lost the girls the grand final so doesn't always work out.
Maybe because the school yiu touch it and it goes like a rocket.
Horses for courses .

Brutalitops

Juniors
I'll play devils advocate regarding running it on the last. Roosters had demonstrated they were very dangerous in broken play, and by running we guaranteed they would be starting pinned in their corner with our defensive lines set and prepared.

Limiting the times roosters get to attack us in open play is what won us the game, that and goal line defence. Good tactic which won't work well every week, but made roosters feel smothered.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Two points
1. Where's that Roosters troll who was on last week telling us Knights were dudded?

2. The tackle of Tupou on Ravalawa makes a MOCKERY of this sport given some of the suspensions and bins we've received over the last year. I think back to Vaughan on a sharks player for accidentally brushing his nose, Pereira on Tedesco and some of the hip high tackle suspensions given to the rava himself.

Just heard Abdo even said it should have been a bin.

Appalling officiating.
Incorrect. It should have been a send off. Not a bin and definitely not a ‘on report’

does anybody on here think that JWH's tackle on Su'a was a hip drop tackle or was it my imagination ???
If one of our guys makes that tackle, sin bin and 6 weeks suspension.

Tupou head high tackle, same thing.

Obvious bias from the referee

Manu knock on, obvious.

If the referee applied the rules the way they are applied to Saints, we are playing 12 men for 20 minutes.

Trifili13

Juniors
Why did the bunker call for another review of the Su'a try? Surely they look at it internally before going to the ref. They would have seen the angles before they were shown on the screen and would have known that Lomax did not touch it. I suppose thet just wanted to make us wait a bit longer and put doubt in our minds.

The Tupou head high. He had time to line up Rava and the whole body to aim at and still collected him in the head. If they argue not enough force, I thought all players tackle hard, they don't suddenly say 'I am going to tackle softly this time'.

Anyway, GO THE MIGHTY RED V.