What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs. Bronco

Quigs

Immortal
We were absolute shit tonight. Fur-huck it is going to be a long week for me up here you bastard shithead sharks.

Anyhow I was going to blame Scummo for the donkey defeat but the prick gave me $250 today so .... shit, I might even change me vote.

Why do the footy gods hate me so munch. Don't they know what a Donkeys victory does to the inbred imbeciles up here.

txta2

Bench
That mentality of last weeks 2nd half performance was still there. I keep banging on about it because this club has been doing the same thing for years. Pretty surprising as I thought the coach may have fixed it. Probably a bit early to blame the coach though.

Weaponhead

Coach
That was a sluggish and wasteful performance straight from the 2021 Sharks.

Well on top in the first half but lacking composure to ice the chances. Second half was ordinary. Lacked punch through the middle and the ball movement was slow.

Right edge is a liability in defence. Ramien shoots and Hynes backpedalling. Hynes had a stinker. It's going to happen and is part of his learning process but it has to be called for what it is.

This game shows the development needed to be a consistently good side and demonstrates the gap from Melbourne and Penrith.

Weaponhead

Coach
Plenty for Fitz to ponder

Three unacceptable second halves in row. Each had very poor starts with errors leading to points. Mental sharpness not there to put together a complete performance.

Leadership without Finucane has been lacking. Not sure Hynes needs the captaincy. He seemed anxious tonight and lost composure.

Right edge defence is not working and needs to be fixed.

Bench rotation seems strange. Really lacking punch in the middle when Toby and Royce went off. Jack Williams hasn't come back to anywhere near his form from last year.

Really interested to see how they respond next week.

Bob Scott

Juniors
That game was lost in the middle , other than the first 20 mins , after that our forwards started running sideways and started thinking they were all ball players . We didn't earn the right to spread the ball yet we continually went coast to coast . We need another big frame coming on at the 20min mark , Williams has regressed and the Tolman resurrection has ended , we were completely dominated in the forwards after the changes .
Hynes shouldn't be captain , he's only played 40+ games and learning to do his own job , he has enough on his plate . His defence is shakey but i am getting frustrated at the number of times he is getting isolated by Ramien , back to his old habits of rushing out of the line and leaving his inside man exposed , it's been a career long issue for Ramien and other than a couple of recent games he can't seem to get to grips with his role in the defensive line .
Overall i think we went in over confident and thought we didn't have to work for a win , just turn up and start the razzle dazzle and when that didn't work had no plan b , c , d , and if we did have those plans didn't have the leadership to implement them .
A big wake up call but we were always on a learning curve this season , players and coaches , let's hope we take on board the lessons .
Whilst i know that Vaughan has a history he is the type of player we need coming on at he first rotation , he has size and leg speed , if we don't want him we need to find someone of this ilk because the drop from the starting props to the next is getting bigger and smart teams will know this .
The basic premise of the game hasn't changed , the first half against Manly was an aberration , you need to win the middle first .
Hopefully next week we see that we can evolve as a team and learn from the harsh lessons .

Stake Removed

First Grade
I didn't see the game not sure if I want to watch it.
I do know when you start losing to the bottom teams like the Broncs, our validity as a top 4 team comes into question.
3 games in 12 days, I would say Panthers and Storm would find a way to win.
That's the level we need to be at, at the moment where in the bunch of 3-8, and have potential to drop outright behind even the eels after this weekend

bluefox68

Staff member
I do know when you start losing to the bottom teams like the Broncs, our validity as a top 4 team comes into question.
If you want to descend into absolute depression, watch it…

But my advice would be - Don’t bother!

chewsta

First Grade
We look absolutely exhausted and miss Dale and BHU massively. Toby was the only one going forward. I'm not Tolmans biggest fan but he wasn't bad when he got on the field. Started to straighten us up again. The problem was he was out there way too long and was gassed big time. He also always seems to find himself receiving the ball very late in the tackle count, like Gal used to do. Which drives me nuts.

Without go forward we go sideways which we saw last night. We need a big body to just go forward and replace BHU. Hunt could be the man but I would be seriously considering Hazelton for the bench. He is huge with a big motor. Too many smallish forwards out there that aren't dominating the collision.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
3 games in 12 days, I would say Panthers and Storm would find a way to win.
That's the level we need to be at, at the moment where in the bunch of 3-8, and have potential to drop outright behind even the eels after this weekend
You haven’t watched it, but Klein is at fault?

roboshark

Coach
We look absolutely exhausted and miss Dale and BHU massively. Toby was the only one going forward. I'm not Tolmans biggest fan but he wasn't bad when he got on the field. Started to straighten us up again. The problem was he was out there way too long and was gassed big time. He also always seems to find himself receiving the ball very late in the tackle count, like Gal used to do. Which drives me nuts.

Without go forward we go sideways which we saw last night. We need a big body to just go forward and replace BHU. Hunt could be the man but I would be seriously considering Hazelton for the bench. He is huge with a big motor. Too many smallish forwards out there that aren't dominating the collision.
Yeah wouldn't mine seeing Hazelton get a go. Seemed ok in the trial at least

R-15-3

Juniors
We have 2 big weaknesses in our play style that teams are working out.
1. We don’t make many meters close to the ruck, it’s always 2 passes wide, so markers can push wider and don’t need to compress the ruck meaning less space out wide.
2. We don’t have a short kicking game, wingers don’t need to be in 2 minds about dropping back and turning to chase so can focus on rushing up and putting pressure on.

We need Finucane and another middle either Hazelton or from outside the club to straighten up play and Nicho needs early short kicks behind wingers to start the game to force them in 2 minds.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
why were we so gassed? we had a 7 day turnaround. Too much training?
Was not physical, it was mental, they were losing the physical, had nothing when some fatigue set in. Keevie got his chargers up.

Seems Hynes has lost faith in his own front line defence. I think he would make a great running six, who shares the kicking. Been a great buy, feeling the pressure.

But again until Brailey start runs running the team from dummy half, the edge will look good against teams who are bad at defence. Won't beat good defence. Perhaps Brailey is no leader, he has all the skills as a player, certainly seems to lack confindence IMO.

Ayways I watched this guy win premierships, SoO and World cups, did it all from dummy-half, then hit the edges, could kick, run, draw markers, direct the team around and make 50 tackles, dominated the league for ten years or so. Then Melbourne gets Grant, who is the closet to Cam in Today's game, freakin QLDer too.

To me it seems his whole career has been told just give it to the halves. The treat starts at dummy half, then good halves will carve you up.

Penrith were there abouts, then got Api, Souths had Cook, Easts gone backwards since no Friend.

Was it Ennis or Chad?

Will it be Grant or Api this year?

Anyways my has no-one watch the game for last 20 years rant over, will try again next year.

Team needs more Pele.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Funicane > Uele > Rudolf > Tolman > Fifita > Pele > Hunt > > Quigs > Child chasing a tennis ball >> Williams.

76 games in, still does nothing. Have no idea what anyone sees in him, I just wait for an error, maybe penalty, dropped ball, bad read or plain miss. Some tackles some average runs, maybe a good play every 20 games.

Make McInnes look great.

Anyways... carry on