What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Games

justadragon

Bench
just watching the parra penrith game, and ladies and gents there is the key, speed in playing the ball, quick ruck plays, depth in attack, offloads, multi dimensional playmakers, and players have just pure freedom, sure there are mistakes but geez it looks good.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sutton misses knock on by Kikau - and Penrith score just before half-time as a result.

With Penrith losing tonight, the Storm will be deadset wanting to beat us on Sunday so that they can be on top of the ladder on for and against. However, if there is a will, there is a way and the Dragons players have got to pitch in with 100% effort in all aspects and their execution in both attack and defence has got to be spot on. Not too much to ask for really - is it?

justadragon

Bench
Sutton misses knock on by Kikau - and Penrith score just before half-time as a result.

With Penrith losing tonight, the Storm will be deadset wanting to beat us on Sunday so that they can be on top of the ladder on for and against. However, if there is a will, there is a way and the Dragons players have got to pitch in with 100% effort in all aspects and their execution in both attack and defence has got to be spot on. Not too much to ask for really - is it?
not at all Dave, just something that hasnt happened for 12 years :::)))

justadragon

Bench
Penrith second try Kikau knocks on beforehand touch judges see nothing ref see,s nothing,.bunker doesn't interfere.commentators ignore it happened..What are we supposed to think
i think the commentators were calling it Ted, but yes there is certainly different levels of scrutiny between games, we dont want to spoil the spectacle do we , especially when the premiers are playing,,,,

Dragon David

First Grade
Hi Guys

Just wondering what the go is nowadays regarding touching referees during the course of a game. I saw Rapana blatantly patting Cummins' back in the Raiders v Bulldogs game. So what is it now, no suspension anymore? Poor old Tyson. He is the only one to cop the suspension in 2016 and his touch wasn't even blatant.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well two games down and both wins by teams north of the Mooney Mooney bridge. There are two remaining northern teams still to play - Cowboys against Tigers and Titans against us. Hope there is a reversal of fortunes.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hi Guys

Just wondering what the go is nowadays regarding touching referees during the course of a game. I saw Rapana blatantly patting Cummins' back in the Raiders v Bulldogs game. So what is it now, no suspension anymore? Poor old Tyson. He is the only one to cop the suspension in 2016 and his touch wasn't even blatant.

Because we are a feeble club with no backbone in our management we are an easy target. I don't pretend to know the day-to-day running of a football club but when all is said and done, we just don't know how to stand up for ourselves nor do management want real success half as much as the fans do. We must be indebted to the NRL for financial reasons because there was once a time when you couldn't have a comp with the team with the big red v.

Crackdowns that have been targeted at Dragons that come to mind in recent history:

Touching the ref - Frizell
Dummy half throwing ball into defensive player - McInness
Magic Round head high contact - Fuimaono/Mcguire
Waist high shoulder charges - Ravalawa
Hip drops - McGuire/Sims
Knee Lifting - Craig Smith
Involved in play coming from off side position - Mbye/Ravalawa

I have a poor memory so it is scary that these so easily come to mind. No doubt there are more.

Bit over league at the moment. It's not a level playing field and we don't have strong leadership to get us out of the mire.

BBTB

Juniors
Because we are a feeble club with no backbone in our management we are an easy target. I don't pretend to know the day-to-day running of a football club but when all is said and done, we just don't know how to stand up for ourselves nor do management want real success half as much as the fans do. We must be indebted to the NRL for financial reasons because there was once a time when you couldn't have a comp with the team with the big red v.

Crackdowns that have been targeted at Dragons that come to mind in recent history:

Hip drops - McGuire/Sims

I have a poor memory so it is scary that these so easily come to mind. No doubt there are more.

Bit over league at the moment. It's not a level playing field and we don't have strong leadership to get us out of the mire.
Seems to me that we are run by a management team of low life, gutless morons.
That won't let us vote.
So until that changes.
We are going nowhere. Neither is our football team.

Gareth67

First Grade

Hip drops - McGuire/Sims

The game has certainly changed due to the numerous rule changes that the powers to be - in their wisdom - bring in over the off season .

Of course the flag that they usually run up is to make the game quicker so that it is not defense oriented . However another reason is that the tele conglomerates would have a more attractive product to sell .

The day that the league sold the game to the media was the day that our beloved game began to go backwards . This six again crap is a blight on the game as are so many other changes that the NRL has introduced .

Of course I come from a time when there were only 13 players and 2 reserves ( usually 1 back and 1 forward ) and you only left the field if severely injured . Yes the game was tougher then , played by a breed of men that never faked injury , but nowadays we have sooks lying down and groaning and pointing their finger at the culprit who just gave them a shove in the wrong direction .

I would much rather have men playing the game tough than those spiteful hip drop and wrestling tactics which have become so prevalent in this day and age . And whilst I am on the subject what about the the gang tackling where you have 4 players holding their opponent up and then 3 of them release the player only to have the fourth player pull the ball out of his hand .

If the NRL truly believes that type of tackle is in the best interest of the game then they have shat for brains .

End of rant ! 😡

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
The game has certainly changed due to the numerous rule changes that the powers to be - in their wisdom - bring in over the off season .

Of course the flag that they usually run up is to make the game quicker so that it is not defense oriented . However another reason is that the tele conglomerates would have a more attractive product to sell .

The day that the league sold the game to the media was the day that our beloved game began to go backwards . This six again crap is a blight on the game as are so many other changes that the NRL has introduced .

Of course I come from a time when there were only 13 players and 2 reserves ( usually 1 back and 1 forward ) and you only left the field if severely injured . Yes the game was tougher played by a breed a men that never faked injury , but nowadays we have sooks lying down and groaning and pointing their finger at the culprit who just gave them a shove in the wrong direction .

I would much rather have men playing the game tough than those spiteful hip drop and wrestling tactics which have become so prevalent in this day and age . And whilst I am on the subject what about the the gang tackling where you have 4 players holding their opponent up and then 3 of them release the player only to have the fourth player pull the ball out of his hand .

If the NRL truly believes that type of tackle is in the best interest of the game then they have peanuts for brains .

End of rant ! 😡
Yes, it sickens me to watch this modern game. A bunch of self serving parasites. They are ruining our game for the money paid by NEWS LIMITED.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes, it sickens me to watch this modern game. A bunch of self serving parasites. They are ruining our game for the money paid by NEWS LIMITED.
And yet the NRL/ARL are wanting to bring in an 18th team. The 17th team is battling to fill their quota of players let alone anyone decent and no doubt the 17th team will get a fair bit of the rub of the green to keep that club happy. I don't like the idea of an odd number of teams for the next few years. It sort of throws things out of kilter particularly with player movement.

It means more dosh for the NRL as there will be more games to televise. I would prefer 12 teams playing and the teams play each other twice and the lower grades play on the same day at the same ground.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What's going on in the Sharks department? I thought they were the blue print on how to turn around a club in the space of one season!

PS. I love death riding these guys. I hope Fitzy learns in the long run that being an NRL head coach isn't a job you can pick and choose as a rookie and a job is a job at the end of the day!!! 😂

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
What's going on in the Sharks department? I thought they were the blue print on how to turn around a club in the space of one season!

PS. I love death riding these guys. I hope Fitzy learns in the long run that being an NRL head coach isn't a job you can pick and choose as a rookie and a job is a job at the end of the day!!! 😂
Hang on, are you saying it’s the coaches fault?
I mean, Fitzy didn’t tell the players to drop the ball did he? 😉

shiloh dc

Juniors
I thought the sin-binning and on-report of Elliot Whitehead was a crazy decision. How can you be responsible for hitting an opponent's head when you opponent's direction has deviated a split second earlier from another tackler's impact (in this case a tackle from Josh Papali'i).