What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Colk

First Grade
How many players have storm produced since coming in... That's a plastic club

Go and tell their massive supporter base that they follow a plastic club then.

What about the Roosters - they don’t produce many players at all. Are they a plastic club?

Or is it also location based? I’m assuming that because I follow the Raiders, I’m also following a plastic club. Just guessing because they are not based in Sydney

Pippen94

First Grade
Na

nah panthers, Cronulla, wests tigers, dragons, all plastic clubs as they weren’t founding clubs of the game. Kick them out for some proper clubs i say. Some of the WA clubs are older than some Sydney nrl clubs lol

When Perth is like Panthers & biggest rugby league nursery in world then OK get admitted

Wb1234

Referee
Because a city the size of Brisbane can support 2 clubs and having an alternative to the Broncos was a good call as they are a polarising team for many reasons. That was the basis of the Brisbane 2 idea. So why do we need to already be thinking of an alternative to the alternative?

Doesn’t mean we should just keep adding teams because the population is booming and we end up with 5 teams averaging 10-15k. The aim should be 3 or at max 4 SEQteams including GC, all averaging easily 20k+.
Brisbane’s population has grown by a million plus since 95.

in that time the broncos crowds are down almost thirty percent and we lost the 15k the crushers got

broncos crowds now are largely static and have been for 15 years or so.

four clubs for a city of potentially five million is nothing like Sydney which averages around 650k pop per club

Pippen94

First Grade

What about the Roosters - they don’t produce many players at all. Are they a plastic club?

Or is it also location based? I’m assuming that because I follow the Raiders, I’m also following a plastic club. Just guessing because they are not based in Sydney

That massive supporter base live mostly on sunshine coast. Dophlins will eat into that..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Brisbane’s population has grown by a million plus since 95.

in that time the broncos crowds are down almost thirty percent and we lost the 15k the crushers got

broncos crowds now are largely static and have been for 15 years or so.

four clubs for a city of potentially five million is nothing like Sydney which averages around 650k pop per club
It’s also avg’s 14k. The point is it’s better to have two clubs avg 30k than 4 clubs avg’ing 15!

jim_57

Staff member
Cause derbies & history are interesting, rather then watching plastic clubs with no real fans & devoid of local players..

Do tell us about the (non-plastic) history and all the classic derbies of Broncos Vs Dolphins.

Wb1234

Referee

Are you a raiders fan are you I thought you were a sharks fan lol

20 more years buddy and your good

I was going to say ten but then I remembered that Viking clap thing

Perth Red

Post Whore
As opposed to hull folk who think two clubs for a city of 200k and averaging 8k and 10k is perfectly ok ?

lmao
Well if you add them together and times 3 for the population size of most Sydney nrl clubs you’re at 54k lol. per head of population the number of people attending RL games in hull psses over pretty much every Sydney nrl club.