What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BossleyPanther

Juniors
York is a beautiful city. Inside the old wall, it has a special vibe, the cobblestone streets, restaurants, bars great place to visit but yes the weather for much of the year is dire. I was last there in 2014 in April so the weather was acceptable I really enjoyed the couple of days there. They have a great comedy club , underground for anyone who may be visiting.
My dream was to always go to the UK and watch games at Ewood park 👌

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m getting on in life and don’t expect to get back to the UK but if I did York would certainly be on my agenda.

I love London it is a great city, Edinburgh amazing but away from the main hubs York is worthy of at least two or three days for anyone contemplating travelling in the UK.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Blackburn Rovers. Set yourselves goals to accomplish the dream.

I haven’t been to Blackburn Rovers home ground but despite there not currently being in the premier league I’m sure it would be a memorable experience none the less.
They will get there one-day.

I have no idea of what he is on, probably more than we think thou.

The lifestyle in the ESL is pretty good if you play for Catalans if you play for a club in England’s north it can be pretty dire. A relative of mine has done it, spent a number of seasons there for Leeds, Hull and Bradford and day to day life can be pretty miserable when you are used to our way of life. trust me Given his experience it is not as glamorous as you think.
I appreciate your friend has had a different experience but I have a number of friends who live up north (including ex-pat Aussies) and they love it. Leeds and Manchester are both pretty cool, cosmopolitan cities and there are plenty of lovely villages you can live in right across the Lancashire/Yorkshire area if you are looking to move into a small town field (good for the guys who have families).

Weather is underrated; yes it can be cold and wet but summers are often better than Sydney’s; bearable warmer with amazingly long days.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I appreciate your friend has had a different experience but I have a number of friends who live up north (including ex-pat Aussies) and they love it. Leeds and Manchester are both pretty cool, cosmopolitan cities and there are plenty of lovely villages you can live in right across the Lancashire/Yorkshire area if you are looking to move into a small town field (good for the guys who have families).

Weather is underrated; yes it can be cold and wet but summers are often better than Sydney’s; bearable warmer with amazingly long days.
Leeds had the best people I met in England

Kilkenny

Coach

Don’t get me wrong the UK in general is a great place to live for Aussies looking to experience the different lifestyle. Hop step and a jump, or train away from just about everywhere in Europe. I assume you still reside in St Albans which is a great town on the northern outskirts of London. I stayed there last time I was in the UK to take in a Watford PL game and see Jasper Carrot at the Albans Arena. i was paying about 8 pounds for a pint in the West End whereas at the Waterend Barn in St Albans I was paying half the price. Great pub , good food I assume you’ve been there.

murraymob

Coach
I hope Fittler gets the job.one less team to challenge us for the tittle.he will have them hugging the goal post

Fangs

Coach
Freddy is an experienced club coach.

I look forward to TPJ playing at full back.

To be fair that was a long time ago. I'd like to think if he returns as a head coach he won't allow players to shit inside a shoe in the hotel hallway.

With that said I don't think anyone can be a head coach. Just ask Baz. Better suited as an assistant.

Iamback

Coach
To be fair that was a long time ago. I'd like to think if he returns as a head coach he won't allow players to shit inside a shoe in the hotel hallway.

With that said I don't think anyone can be a head coach. Just ask Baz. Better suited as an assistant.

His team selection is far worse than any players shitting in Hotel rooms

Latest posts