What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

possm

Coach
Now is the time to hire a new coaching staff:
Flannagan/Madge
Bown
Barrett

Then have a go for as many marquee players we can get. We need Hunt at 9, not 7.

Now is the time to hire a new coaching staff:
Flannagan/Madge
Bown
Barrett

Then have a go for as many marquee players we can get. We need Hunt at 9, not 7.
Well Brown and Barrett should be automatic no ways in my opinion, but generally speaking I am concerned that the old saying “if you always do, what you have always done etc applies here. Simply changing the coach hasn’t worked so far, what’s going to change just doing that again?

I don’t pretend to have any answers but it sure seems to me the issues are deeper than just the coach.

thebigredv

First Grade
Yes mate, I was told I was just a negative prick.
Woods was a handy pickup, and Burgess was going to be a great buy.
Ohh, and Mbye was just going to play 14
"Woods will be a great mentor for the young forwards"
"Mbye will add great utility value while we develop the young blokes"
"They'll add valuable experience"

Those were the statements made by some on here trying to convince themselves that they weren't just ordinary signings by a club that simply can't manage better. Those same posters have long fled the forum. It was never going to be anything else with these types of signings. Taking the place of someone who might be our future and plodding along trying to stay relevant in a game that has left them behind. Can't begrudge them putting pen to paper. We are just the sad team that would see value in them along with old man McCulloigh. I mean, Trent Merrin had to take it upon himself to call it quits. That's the nature of the joint.

And nothing will change.

After performances like tonight who in their right mind would want to join our ranks? Certainly no self-respecting player who wants to taste success.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Tigers appear to have the right thinking. Gone are the days of the old school disciplinarian coach (Madge, Hook). They have come out and said they want a development coach (Ciraldo, Payton). I think it’s time we went in the same direction. The game has changed and the dinosaurs need to go.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well Brown and Barrett should be automatic no ways in my opinion, but generally speaking I am concerned that the old saying “if you always do, what you have always done etc applies here. Simply changing the coach hasn’t worked so far, what’s going to change just doing that again?

I don’t pretend to have any answers but it sure seems to me the issues are deeper than just the coach.
Yes, Miller, the issues at the Dragons are much deeper than just the coach. It is the bloody squad that put us deeper into the mire. We do have a bunch of players that try their hardest but they just play dumb football even in games that they have won.

When you compare each one of our players against the Cowboys players as an example, they had us covered in most of the positions.

We have Souths, Raiders, Broncos, Roosters and Sea Eagles in the next 5 games - maybe one win. Then we have Cowboys again, Sharks, Raiders, Titans, Tigers and lastly Broncos - maybe 3 wins at best. We miss out on the top 8 is my reckoning.

Hook hasn't brought anything into the club to give me any confidence of any success for this year and next. He has to go.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Tigers appear to have the right thinking. Gone are the days of the old school disciplinarian coach (Madge, Hook). They have come out and said they want a development coach (Ciraldo, Payton). I think it’s time we went in the same direction. The game has changed and the dinosaurs need to go.
I think payton is big on discipline it's just that the player's bought into it

Trifili13

Juniors
I love the new terminology that has crept into the game. Development coach, old school coach, etc, what rubbish. Has any coach developed more no name players into top first graders than Bellamy, yet no one would call him a development coach. You are simply a good, bad or average coach.

It's like the dominant and surrender tackle. A tackle is a tackle and should not dictate how long you can lay on the player.

Don't know if anyone else noticed it but Gus on Ch9 was taking about the surrender tackle how it is no longer penalized. There were 2 plays in 1 set of six where a Cows player ran behind their player which is a shepherd and simply surrendered once they realised it. That's 4 penalties that could have been given but the ref ignored them all.