What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Cowboys

jeffdragon

Bench
I agree it wasnt a great pass, but i watched the winger stop there like he'd never seen one before, and then watched as the cowboys ran away to score. Also he was way up on Lomax. I just think these guys should know what Lomax does and be on the lookout for it. I remember so many years ago watching Mark Gasnier do it many times and our wingers being aware and ready for it. Its a great weapon but it requires wingers to be on the lookout for it.
Moga and amone didn't play to the whistle.
But did the winger lose control of the ball?
If it was a dragons try they would of knocked it back.

BLM01

First Grade
Very disappointing to say the least.
At least I had Suli & Su’a as anytime try scorers.

All I’ve read is how fast Reuben is but he’s as slow as a 60 year old such as me. In the clear twice & rundown & at one stage he couldn’t even keep up with Moga. We really are a slow side, so slow that we even looked better when McCullough came on.
I can’t believe I said that.😩

Hunt(as usual) had a dig along with Ramsey, Suli & Su’a. Except for a couple of dumb options Zac at least had a dig.

Bird has been very ordinary & hopefully will get a week or two. He can take Moga & Reuben with him.
I don’t recall seeing Moose in the 2nd half?
I think you are harsh on Rueben. I thought he played pretty good tonight.
You are never going to out run cross field runners.
That Moga break where Zac kicked selfishly for himself Rueben was clear backing up on the inside had the kick gone in field
Not saying he is the fastest but better than others except for Cody who can be quick but takes a bit too long to get balanced and wind up ATM
A sprint coach can work on his running style which would help his game

BLM01

First Grade
Season absolutely gone…..let’s look forward to the same next season. I keep hearing about the aspirations of this club and how we are working hard to become successful but nothing ever changes….identical to the Tigers who at least I think make a good decision about their next coach, whereas we are stuck with the dumbest coach and team of all time
Why who have Tigers appointed as their next coach?

blacksafake

First Grade
He did do ok
I think you are harsh on Rueben. I thought he played pretty good tonight.
You are never going to out run cross field runners.
That Moga break where Zac kicked selfishly for himself Rueben was clear backing up on the inside had the kick gone in field
Not saying he is the fastest but better than others except for Cody who can be quick but takes a bit too long to get balanced and wind up ATM
A sprint coach can work on his running style which would help his game
He did play ok,My comments were more about his speed.
The first one I can sort of agree but he did have a head start, especially seeing it was an intercept & he hardly made it to halfway.
The second one he was in the clear & probably should have backed himself instead of chipping.

BLM01

First Grade
The first one I can sort of agree but he did have a head start, especially seeing it was an intercept & he hardly made it to halfway.
The second he was in the clear & probably should have backed himself instead of chipping.
Yeh but he cut back in field to find support which took forever to get to him
The seond one was the right move, the bounce of the ball just favoured the Cowboys a fair bit but they deserved it

Dragonslayer

First Grade
To say I'm disappointed with tonight's effort would be an huge understatement. To even think we would be competitive to a point of actually winning the game, with some ease I may add, was an obvious and rather embarrassing form of wishful thinking.

After watching the game and the presser and the general body language of the players, something isn't right within the team. Factions forming maybe, or is it just contract complacency creeping into the psyche of some players?

Gareth67

First Grade
I do not know what to say anymore about the teams performances of late . There just does not seem to be any enthusiasm in the side , the will to win is missing .

Many of the players need a rocket up their posteriors . I also thought that Suli had a good game however he needs to get more ball so as to use his bulk to better effect .

They can only put the game behind them now and pray that the coach is able to turn the team around .

thebigredv

First Grade
After watching the game and the presser and the general body language of the players, something isn't right within the team. Factions forming maybe, or is it just contract complacency creeping into the psyche of some players?

I see 17 players who are trying hard to play rugby league but I have never seen a 'team', and I use the word loosely, so resoundingly disjointed.

No fluidity or coherence between halves.
Never anyone backing up the man with the ball in hand.
No idea where to look when a line break occurs.
No back up when a tackle is missed.
Barely an offload to be seen.
No one to pull the other into the line when needed.
No one to pat the other on the back when needed.

None of the above are new phenomena but when they all happen in unison you get mind blowing performances like the one we witnessed.

I completely agree that something is very much up with this lot. I believe the rumours about young blokes looking elsewhere. We are a club full of self-serving types. Not enough players that want to actually make this work. Cowboys were woeful but they still played as a team.

It's hard for me to be too critical of the team tonight on account of the way that flog of a referee cruelled us in the first half with endless repeat sets and soft penalties. He was quick to disallow tries to Ramsey and Suli (incorrectly, on both counts) but neither he nor the bunker even looked at the Hiku try, when he was a yard in front of the kicker.
Four things stood out for me tonight - Lawrie, Mbye, Bird & Lomax. They were all utter shite. Hopefully Lawrie and Bird cop suspensions and we're spared the same rubbish from them next week. Lomax needs a spell in KoE to get his head together, cos he's all over the shop. As for Mbye, I wouldn't pick him for a backyard game of touch footy.

2010Dragons

Bench
It was bloody obvious to all of us, that the team wasn't mentally and physically ready for this game.
Right from the get go you could tell. Almost every cowboys player had metal screw in studs on their boots and our idiots were wearing moulded stud boots slipping around like they were wearing ice skates. ( Yes I observe these minor critical details.)
While the Cowboys were passing crisp accurate passes from dummy half, we had our fathead idiot Sua go to dummy half and he past the ball over everyone's head and 40 metres behind the backline.... to bloody no one.
Where is the leadership, who it controlling the game.... NO one !!!

The cowboys are super fit , their defence line speed was constant and consistent for the full 80 minutes.
Our idiots just couldn't keep up we the pace of the game. Hence why idiots like Lawrie and the other unfit lazy idiots just constantly gave away ruck infringement and offside penalties.

What the f**k do these idiots do at training?
They can't catch a ball, the can't pass a ball, they can't hold a ball.
They can't keep the quick defensive line speed for 80.... THEY ARE NOT FIT.

Ok I accept, constant tackling cause fatigue and fatigue make it difficult to think rationally and making smart decisions harder. They are not mentally fit.

The biggest problem these bunch of idiots have is they are not physically fit and mentally dumb.
Who commits the same penalty ruck infringement over and over and over.... Our f**kwits
Who throws a flick pass not once but twice and the Cowboys score....Our f**kwits.
Who dropped the ball in every set in the first 40 minutes....Our f**kwits

I truly believe these idiots tried their best to lose the game by committing 25 unforced drop ball errors and 41 missed tackles. I honestly believe they are tanking to get hook sacked

This Year?

Immortal
I turned it off after the Robson try. Yes we got caned early by the ginger ref and large portion of it justified IMO, but to me it felt like the players weren't up for it. No linespeed as usual, no numbers in tackles, we let them own the ruck after those early 6 agains, then compounded by no respect for the ball when we finally got it.
They looked sluggish for the half hour I watched. Passes were slow, shapes were flat.
Why can't we run any decent block plays or have variations of a set play?

Coffs dragon

Bench
Well it’s become obvious that 2022 is just another gap year from the finals………again!
Our DNA & Culture thanks to a Jurassic coach is:
Oldest, Slowest & Dumbest!
We are no more than a bottom dweller team struggling under poor coaching & selections.

At least the Dogs, Tigers and Titans have some speed & youth in their teams to give their fans some excitement.

We are stuck with Dad’s Army style ineffective plodders.
Geez they are hard to watch!

Well it’s become obvious that 2022 is just another gap year from the finals………again!
Our DNA & Culture thanks to a Jurassic coach is:
Oldest, Slowest & Dumbest!
We are no more than a bottom dweller team struggling under poor coaching & selections.

At least the Dogs, Tigers and Titans have some speed & youth in their teams to give their fans some excitement.

We are stuck with Dad’s Army style ineffective plodders.
Geez they are hard to watch!
Best illustration of what the team is. Although that could be an insult to Dad's Army. At least Captain Mannering tried to control his doddering incompetent bunch. It is very convenient to blame present and past coaches but surely the players collectively must shoulder a lot of the blame. This lot are below mediocrity. I don't see any way out of this.

Latest posts