What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 15 @ Warriors

Girds89

Bench
Cotter is smaller and playing Origin
You were very very very vocal about tago not being in the 17 this year or at best being a back up 2nd rower....

At times we are all wrong.

Ive been wrong soo many times. Ive never been more wrong about eiso.

It is what it is.

The fact is we can all have opinions on here but none of us are there everyday as a coach. None of us see the dedication day in day out.

WestyLife

First Grade
It was 50/50 on here for May or Staines

Then others wanting To'o on that wing

I seriously doubt that since Staines biggest defenders said May deserved it.

The To'o thing wasn't me but To'o was the incumbent rep left winger so not unreasonable.

maple_69

Bench
As is Murray who will play for Australia. I reckon Tago ends up taking the Salmon role, 30-40 minutes covering the starting edges and can cover the backs in case of injury.

Anyway, boring game but 2 points. Edwards is now our best player, try saver, try, disallowed try, safe under the high ball, strong running, good positioning, support play and now he’s starting to find his touch in right hand shifts which is making a huge difference. Also great to see Yeo come back at his best. Leota really folded some Warriors tonight, he’s added some real pepper to his game this year.

Girds89

Bench
Again.....

Edwards 3
Yeo 2
Api 1

Nath lost soo many points for poor kicks.

Hes doing the midfield stuff spot on but no pressure kicks are landing on the 25m line.. not good enough.

May and tago continue to just rule.

I never ever doubted tagos defence. He continues to deliver. Ball securitys improved 10 fold to..

Edwards atm is not just the best fb in the game hes close to the best in the game.

Said it for almost 3 years.. ive never ever seen a fb do what he does off the ball.

He is there to save tries he has no right to. Makes turbo look shit.

Ckeary yeo, kiks api.... they are all important.. bit you take edwarda effort plays out and it falls apart imo. Hes they key.

Ive heard the boys talk about how inspiring he is. He is a real champion.

WestyLife

First Grade
As is Murray who will play for Australia. I reckon Tago ends up taking the Salmon role, 30-40 minutes covering the starting edges and can cover the backs in case of injury.

Anyway, boring game but 2 points. Edwards is now our best player, try saver, try, disallowed try, safe under the high ball, strong running, good positioning, support play and now he’s starting to find his touch in right hand shifts which is making a huge difference. Also great to see Yeo come back at his best. Leota really folded some Warriors tonight, he’s added some real pepper to his game this year.

Edwards is mirroring Tedesco. Once he stopped having time out with injuries he's finding more and more gears.

Iamback

Coach
You were very very very vocal about tago not being in the 17 this year or at best being a back up 2nd rower....

At times we are all wrong.

Ive been wrong soo many times. Ive never been more wrong about eiso.

It is what it is.

The fact is we can all have opinions on here but none of us are there everyday as a coach. None of us see the dedication day in day out.

I doubted and still doubt him to last the season at centre. It is a long season and young guys hit the wall at some stage. So we wait to see how he and a few others are come finals.

You said it yourself. May is centre the only way he gets to centre here is by Tago moving in one

Iamback

Coach

Murray is another small forward
Even Nanai could be the same weight as Tago after a couple of pre-seasons

Girds89

Bench
I doubted and still doubt him to last the season at centre. It is a long season and young guys hit the wall at some stage. So we wait to see how he and a few others are come finals.

You said it yourself. May is centre the only way he gets to centre here is by Tago moving in one
May is a centre.... but cmon mate. Give tago some credit.

Bar 20 mins against gagai hes d has been sooooo good.

And everything else hes done has been elite.

Hes to small for 2nd row as i and a few others have said

age.s

First Grade
Edwards is seriously the best fb in the comp atm.

I wouldnt swap him for anyone.
I'm starting to come around to this.

Put it this way. A try saved is exactly as valuable as a try scored. If Edwards scored tries in as prolific and spectacular a manner as he saved them he'd be first picked for NSW, worth an absolute mint and be gushed about endlessly by every pundit following the game. But instead, he gives us the functional output of a superstar for a fraction of the price and has the quality attitude to go with it.

I'm not sure if I'd have him outright first as there's some incredible fullbacks around atm, but he's very close and in terms of value there isn't anyone in any position who gets even close to him.

Iamback

Coach
May is a centre.... but cmon mate. Give tago some credit.

Bar 20 mins against gagai hes d has been sooooo good.

And everything else hes done has been elite.

Hes to small for 2nd row as i and a few others have said

Where did I not give him credit?

All I am saying is young guys hit a wall

Garner will be the only newbie we bring in.

Lisati or Geyer likely aren't ready.

Who do you rather start Turuva or Garner?

WestyLife

First Grade
You both also said, repeatedly, that Edwards was shit.

Working hard and fixing your deficiencies doesn't mean they never existed. Staines did the same just not to the same degree as Edwards and not enough to stay in the top 17 of the best club in the comp.

Last edited: