What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Ciraldo spotted again at WT yesterday. Decision due very soon.
Playing his cards close to his chest.
If anything while he's still so young for a coach I'd think the best path is go to another successful coach as an assistant and learn a different system. Learn under Bennet for a few years. Then if he wants to head coaching role he can take the Dolphins who will have their cap in a great position with some of their older players retiring and so many value for money players once Bennet retires or kicks the bucket.

Then again he would know himself best. If he thinks he's ready right now good luck to him.

Roosters rule

Juniors
If anything while he's still so young for a coach I'd think the best path is go to another successful coach as an assistant and learn a different system. Learn under Bennet for a few years. Then if he wants to head coaching role he can take the Dolphins who will have their cap in a great position with some of their older players retiring and so many value for money players once Bennet retires or kicks the bucket.

Then again he would know himself best. If he thinks he's ready right now good luck to him.

He is ready to fly the nest. Just will be a matter of which club. Very impressed by Tim Sheens. The up and coming juniors and working with Sheens is the drawcard.
Trying to attract the right players and the dickheads in the front office is the drawbacks.

martielang

Bench
I think it's a great opportunity for him. Would be zero expectation and pressure to win immediately. They would fully back him and his decisions, they have too.

MugaB

Coach
I'd take the job if he wants sacked...He is the issue
I've been saying similar things for many years now... the board is toxic, and even though they try hard to fix things, they don't want to do the hard yards, everything is about quick fixes, buying players off the market instead of blooding more juniors into what they lack, they're too impatient...
Look at the chooks, they know they aint gonna win this year, so as they compete, and theyre blooding players as they do it

Pomoz

Bench
I've been saying similar things for many years now... the board is toxic, and even though they try hard to fix things, they don't want to do the hard yards, everything is about quick fixes, buying players off the market instead of blooding more juniors into what they lack, they're too impatient...
Look at the chooks, they know they aint gonna win this year, so as they compete, and theyre blooding players as they do it
This is such a true statement about life and business as well. Everybody thinks you can fix things in a year. It takes at least six months to understand the culture and the systems you are going to work with before you can start to try and fix it sustainably. I don't mean fixing it for 12 months with a sugar hit of making the semi finals and being competitive, I mean building a sustainable, competitive club that produces players on an ongoing basis. And I don't mean the trash that the Panthers produced for many years. B grade mediocre players who have average careers and fade into obscurity. Vaguely competitive juniors who jag a win every five years at junior level but produce a rep quality player once in a blue moon.

It doesn't matter who the coach is, if your club isn't set up to produce quality first graders you will fail. It doesn't matter whether that's through local juniors or recruiting like the Roosters do. It's why the GM football role is now just as important as the coach. The EPL has already made the transition to this arrangement. The best clubs have a coach to get the best out of the players and a director of football to build the pathways and identify the talent the club needs. The days of the all powerful manager/coach are gone. The job is too big for one person now and the stakes are too high. The NRL is no different.

The biggest worry for Ciraldo is that the Tigers haven't got their basic first grade production right. Ciraldo can't rely only on recruitment to build a winning team. Nobody good wants to come to the Tigers. He needs to have the production line primed so he can cherry pick who he recruits and get the best players by offering overs until the clubs profile is improved.

It is encouraging that they have now got Tim Sheens overseeing development. He has a history of working in clubs with good junior development. If Tim can fix that, Ciraldo has a chance of building something good. If that is still floundering, then he should steer clear.

In any case, surely the Bulldogs are a better option? A great history and the best GM in the NRL. Somebody who will build exactly the sort of player development that has made the Panthers a force to be reckoned with. The Dogs will become a top NRL club again within a few years. With,or, without Ciraldo.

Iamback

Coach
This is such a true statement about life and business as well. Everybody thinks you can fix things in a year. It takes at least six months to understand the culture and the systems you are going to work with before you can start to try and fix it sustainably. I don't mean fixing it for 12 months with a sugar hit of making the semi finals and being competitive, I mean building a sustainable, competitive club that produces players on an ongoing basis. And I don't mean the trash that the Panthers produced for many years. B grade mediocre players who have average careers and fade into obscurity. Vaguely competitive juniors who jag a win every five years at junior level but produce a rep quality player once in a blue moon.

It doesn't matter who the coach is, if your club isn't set up to produce quality first graders you will fail. It doesn't matter whether that's through local juniors or recruiting like the Roosters do. It's why the GM football role is now just as important as the coach. The EPL has already made the transition to this arrangement. The best clubs have a coach to get the best out of the players and a director of football to build the pathways and identify the talent the club needs. The days of the all powerful manager/coach are gone. The job is too big for one person now and the stakes are too high. The NRL is no different.

The biggest worry for Ciraldo is that the Tigers haven't got their basic first grade production right. Ciraldo can't rely only on recruitment to build a winning team. Nobody good wants to come to the Tigers. He needs to have the production line primed so he can cherry pick who he recruits and get the best players by offering overs until the clubs profile is improved.

It is encouraging that they have now got Tim Sheens overseeing development. He has a history of working in clubs with good junior development. If Tim can fix that, Ciraldo has a chance of building something good. If that is still floundering, then he should steer clear.

In any case, surely the Bulldogs are a better option? A great history and the best GM in the NRL. Somebody who will build exactly the sort of player development that has made the Panthers a force to be reckoned with. The Dogs will become a top NRL club again within a few years. With,or, without Ciraldo.

Dogs seem the better option. Not sure how they keep their juniors with such a top heavy cap spend and the board setup.

Tigers have their CoE at Concord. Over an hour drive from where the juniors come from it is just madness and time will tell how many players go elsewhere as a result

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Dogs seem the better option. Not sure how they keep their juniors with such a top heavy cap spend and the board setup.

Tigers have their CoE at Concord. Over an hour drive from where the juniors come from it is just madness and time will tell how many players go elsewhere as a result

I think this happening illustrates the madness of the Wests Tigers board. To have a centre of excellance at Concord, when the junior area for kids is Campbelltown.

It would be like Penrith building their academy at Double Bay for the Mt Druitt kids.

The board (I believe) is out of tough with the fans and members. I feel for the passionate W/T fan and member....