What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers Jersey Flegg/NSW Cup 2022 Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
Good to see the Flegg and Cup boys steady the ship today with good wins. Hopefully Falls isn't too far away for Cup and we can wrap up the Minor Premiership.

Flegg should still make the finals from here too as long as injuries etc don't force all the good players up.

Flegg is the question mark.

They aren't as dominate as NSW Cup and some one like WT will go all in.

We have 2 guys in U19's rep sides which is nice but the aim should be getting guys ready for next year

maple_69

Bench
If Geyer is 104kg now at 191cm he will surely fill out close to 110kg in the next couple years.

Fifita is 107kg and 186cm. Olakau’autu is 113kg and 196cm. Koloamatangi is 106kg and 191cm. These are the guys closest to Kikau’s blend of power, skill and athleticism.

With all of these types of players, including Kikau, their ability to leverage that is all in the mindset and attitude. Kikau was playing in the backs a bunch in Toyota Cup. I’d be surprised if Geyer is anywhere near Kikau’s level of threat for a good while but if he wants it enough I think he’ll have the tools to get there, particularly in our system.

Girds89

Bench
Some great tries in nsw cup on the weekend.

Turuva and staines played a part in a few.. charlies run was very nice albeit soft d.

Turuva is something special..nice to see him playing centre.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Some great tries in nsw cup on the weekend.

Turuva and staines played a part in a few.. charlies run was very nice albeit soft d.

Turuva is something special..nice to see him playing centre.
Interesting that Charlie was run down rather easily by the Jets number 6. He seemed to burst out of the blocks then just ran out of steam about 40m out from the line.. feeling he may have lost a little speed..

Girds89

Bench
Interesting that Charlie was run down rather easily by the Jets number 6. He seemed to burst out of the blocks then just ran out of steam about 40m out from the line.. feeling he may have lost a little speed..
That was really dissapointing. The run he did for the break was top notch but to get caught not so much. Wouldve been nice to see him put on the after burners and go.

I dont think hes as fast as some thought he was. Some players certainly cant run as quick with the ball. I said at the start of the year i thought tago would be our quickest over 40, especially with ball in hand.

But still looked as tho staines had a really strong game.. but had a wesser or mj in his peak made that break it was goodbye

betcats

Referee
Would like to see H.Puru get more games at hooker, he had some very nice touches in flegg watching the highlights.

Michael Matral

Juniors
That was really dissapointing. The run he did for the break was top notch but to get caught not so much. Wouldve been nice to see him put on the after burners and go.

I dont think hes as fast as some thought he was. Some players certainly cant run as quick with the ball. I said at the start of the year i thought tago would be our quickest over 40, especially with ball in hand.

But still looked as tho staines had a really strong game.. but had a wesser or mj in his peak made that break it was goodbye
100%

Michael Matral

Juniors
easy to trade in such model's these days
And there ends the great Charlie myth...kind of makes sense why we barely saw the speed earlier this year, he was probs holding back knowing it's down a few km's on earlier showings. Dyl, Tago, Tiny and even Soro have all shown bursts of speed since...

Latest posts