What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Yep, no idea what they expect. We are all overly emotional about our team's. Don't want negative coverage sort your club out.

Gus is the same it is a common trait. Forever blocking people who don't agree.

It is the perfect platform to go out and speak directly to fans. Fans see the poor results, Fan know media spins stories...So easy way to clear them up these days. podcasts, Twitter etc

I think it's a great opportunity for him. Would be zero expectation and pressure to win immediately. They would fully back him and his decisions, they have too.
Have you met the WTs?

In theory what you say should be right, but neither those in charge nor the fans have any patience or strategy.

In any case, surely the Bulldogs are a better option? A great history and the best GM in the NRL. Somebody who will build exactly the sort of player development that has made the Panthers a force to be reckoned with. The Dogs will become a top NRL club again within a few years. With,or, without Ciraldo.
I agree that the dogs are a better option if he wants to make the jump right now. I still think the Parra job is available next year and that should be what he has his eyes on; that would be a terrific fit for him.

WestyLife

First Grade
I agree that the dogs are a better option if he wants to make the jump right now. I still think the Parra job is available next year and that should be what he has his eyes on; that would be a terrific fit for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Potter stays at the dogs. He was good for the Tigers and got white anted by Farah then had an immediate impact on the dogs after Barrett was sacked.

Not a surprise.

The only one who loves Pascoe is himself... Boards are so out of touch these days
To be fair, Pascoe has little footy nous but is a good business man. I would move him into a chief commercial officer type role, bring in a head of football alongside him (could be Sheens if he wants a slightly expanded role) and have them both report to a new CEO that demands accountability.

Iamback

Coach

Dragons should be too. They have a great base especially when Sims and co free up some money

Iamback

Coach
To be fair, Pascoe has little footy nous but is a good business man. I would move him into a chief commercial officer type role, bring in a head of football alongside him (could be Sheens if he wants a slightly expanded role) and have them both report to a new CEO that demands accountability.

There lies the issue. You need your CEO to have footy nous it is a hard industry. Something as basic as not putting your CoE where the core business is. Shows very poor judgement.

CEO's of football clubs more and more are becoming redundant and GM of football type people coming in.

No surprise Broncos put Ben Ikin in and they improve.

Pomoz

Bench
There lies the issue. You need your CEO to have footy nous it is a hard industry. Something as basic as not putting your CoE where the core business is. Shows very poor judgement.

CEO's of football clubs more and more are becoming redundant and GM of football type people coming in.

No surprise Broncos put Ben Ikin in and they improve.
I think you are crediting the decision regarding the COE with more footy knowledge than it requires. It is a basic principle of business to put your office where your customers are. To be present in the area your business purports to represent. To be in an area that is easy for your staff to get too so that recruiting is easier.

The job of a CEO is not to be an expert on everything in the business, in this case football. The job of a CEO, among other things, is to make sure the business has the right people with the expertise to help deliver the strategy and objectives of the organisation. Nobody expects the CEO of Apple to be able to make silicon chips, write software and build laptops, but he better hire people who can.

Besides which, the decision to locate the COE requires no footy nous but does require a bit of common sense and a basic grasp of business strategy. I accept others may know him better and can vouch for his business acumen, but based on the results his business knowledge has delivered, I think he is a poor leader and CEO.

Iamback

Coach
I think you are crediting the decision regarding the COE with more footy knowledge than it requires. It is a basic principle of business to put your office where your customers are. To be present in the area your business purports to represent. To be in an area that is easy for your staff to get too so that recruiting is easier.

The job of a CEO is not to be an expert on everything in the business, in this case football. The job of a CEO, among other things, is to make sure the business has the right people with the expertise to help deliver the strategy and objectives of the organisation. Nobody expects the CEO of Apple to be able to make silicon chips, write software and build laptops, but he better hire people who can.

Besides which, the decision to locate the COE requires no footy nous but does require a bit of common sense and a basic grasp of business strategy. I accept others may know him better and can vouch for his business acumen, but based on the results his business knowledge has delivered, I think he is a poor leader and CEO.

The financials do like pretty good. I guess that comes back to the CEO

The rest of it is a shambles

Blues Riff

Bench
He is ready to fly the nest. Just will be a matter of which club. Very impressed by Tim Sheens. The up and coming juniors and working with Sheens is the drawcard.
Trying to attract the right players and the dickheads in the front office is the drawbacks.
You can read "news" reports. Well done.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Look in regards to Ciraldo I hope he is managed well as others have said going on there current results the knights and dragons could be up soon and at a long stretch not sure how long the eels stick with Arthur’s if he does not win a grand final.
All of these jobs would be his if they become vacant.
Cant see Cleary going anywhere for several years at the least.So he will leave just a matter of when

Kilkenny

Coach
I can’t see Ivan Cleary giving up his head coach role any time soon.

Cameron Ciraldo has to accept a gig at some point, I think he may just go with the Bulldogs, my gut feeling.

Hooked

Juniors
I can’t see Ivan Cleary giving up his head coach role any time soon.

Cameron Ciraldo has to accept a gig at some point, I think he may just go with the Bulldogs, my gut feeling.

Dogs are chasing Kristen Woolfe apparently.
As a rookie I wouldn't touch the Dogs with Gould hovering over you.

Latest posts