What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 17th July 6:10pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
It's once again time to move on to the next game and it's another big one this week as we move into Round 18 and take on a rival of ours in the Bulldogs. Another super important game if we want to make a run and cement our spot in the eight and I have no doubt this is a must win game for us. It's going to be a challenge against the Dogs who as I said are one of our biggest rivals with a rivalry that stretches back well over 80 years now. In that time there's been some fierce battles including Grand Finals, Finals games and huge Regular Season match ups. We'll get to write another chapter to that rivalry on Sunday.

I don't think it's going to be an easy win at all. On paper, you would think we should have their measure but rarely to games against Canterbury-Bankstown go as you think. This has been evidenced by games against them in the last few years as the only time we have really done it easy against them in that time was Good Friday last year. Aside from that, it generally proves to be a tough game where they always lift and seem to drag us down to their level. They frustrate us into a poor performance. Even earlier this year, it was a real back-and-forth game until we ran away with it late. I'm expecting this weekend to be no different. The Dogs have improved a lot since the last time we met, and they'll be ready and raring to go for this one. Still, plenty of good players in their team like Averillo, Addo-Carr and Burton in particular, as well as guys like Flanagan, Marshall-King and Josh Jackson. We need to shut them all down.

For us, it was a great win last week with a depleted side, so we need to feed off that energy as we roll on into Round 18. Getting some troops back will be a huge bonus and we should be close to full strength for this one. With this being a must-win game and the long turnaround after Wednesday night's Origin, I'm expecting Cookie, Cam and Jai to back up which will be a big plus. However, we should also get Nicho back and hopefully AJ and Lachie are good to go. Significantly, the boys seem to have turned a corner this Season, but this week is about showing it. Get out there with a good attitude, play with passion and pride, no complacency, hold the ball, complete your sets, and defend well. If we can do that then we should be too good, but you just never know against the Dogs.

So it's a big week once again in the context of our Season and I hope we can continue to build. The long turnaround will help. Bring on Sunday!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 18 against the Bulldogs,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Tass
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Nicholls
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Nikorima
15. Cartwright
16. Havili
17. Burgess

This is how I see it being named tomorrow. JD will probably stick with Milne on the right and I'm expecting all our Origin stars to be named. Whether they actually back up or not is another story, but I'd imagine they'll be named. AJ, Nicho and Lachie should all be good to go hopefully, and I think Jed has earnt a spot on the bench.

handyman2190

Bench
Here's my predicted line up for Round 18 against the Bulldogs,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Tass
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Nicholls
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Nikorima
15. Cartwright
16. Havili
17. Burgess

This is how I see it being named tomorrow. JD will probably stick with Milne on the right and I'm expecting all our Origin stars to be named. Whether they actually back up or not is another story, but I'd imagine they'll be named. AJ, Nicho and Lachie should all be good to go hopefully, and I think Jed has earnt a spot on the bench.
Jed had 1 half decent game in 2 years now he becomes a permanent bench player? No thanks, fafita and moale way before him

callmack1

Staff member
Cody Walker Media Round 18: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/07/12/cody-walker-media-round-18/

Junior Tatola Media Round 18: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/07/12/junior-tatola-media-round-18/

Thomas Burgess Media Round 18: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/07/12/thomas-burgess-media-round-18/

Jed had 1 half decent game in 2 years now he becomes a permanent bench player? No thanks, fafita and moale way before him
JD has indicated that he would have played against the Eels off the bench if he wasn't suspended that week so I'd say this is the plan. I'm happy with it personally.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 18 Against Bulldogs: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/07/12/rabbitohs-nrl-squad-for-round-18-against-bulldogs/

Yewww, pretty damn happy with that! Exactly as I predicted! A very strong side, probably one of the strongest we could name aside from Graham and Host. Taane retaining his spot is about the only thing I'm not so sure of.

Great to see all of our Origin boys named to play, depending on how they get through Wednesday night of course, and it's gonna be so good to have AJ and Nicho back!

So it's a good side to take on the Dogs, Sunday night can't come quick enough!

Runrabbit14

Juniors
So Cam will defs be out. Cook and Arrow had limited mins so surely they can back up.

Burton in extreme doubt for the Dogs.
Cookie would barely have raised a sweat in his limited time on the field.
Did rack up 23 tackles but hardly had an attacking opportunity…