What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

Gareth67

First Grade
SOURCE: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-06/taylan-may-penrith-panthers-nrl-finals-suspension/101410646

News just in - Penriths Taylan May has been suspended for 2 matches and fined $7500 ( 50% of which has been suspended ? ) for his involvement in a scuffle at a Gold Coast establishment last October .

Damn shame for the Panther fans to lose his services for 2 whole match’s , but don’t worry ,the ban does not come into effect until 2023 , which means he is free to play in this season’s semi final series .

As I have said on numerous occasions in the past couple of years - its great to know that the NRL ensures a level playing field for all clubs . 😳

I wonder what he will do with the other 50% of his suspended fine , have a drink or two to celebrate the leniency of the outcome ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Bath

Juniors
News just in - Penriths Taylor May has been suspended for 2 matches and fined $7500 ( 50% of which has been suspended ? ) for his involvement in a scuffle at a Gold Coast establishment last October .

Damn shame for the Panther fans to lose his services for 2 whole match’s , but don’t worry ,the ban does not come into effect until 2023 , which means he is free to play in this season’s semi final series .

As I have said on numerous occasions in the past couple of years - its great to know that the NRL ensures a level playing field for all clubs . 😳

I wonder what he will do with the other 50% of his suspended fine , have a drink or two to celebrate the leniency of the outcome ?
Yes that would be right!

Gareth67

First Grade
This is a joke right? Wow. Imagine if he had the red v on? If this is not deadset obvious how different some teams are treated than what is?
Unfortunately not Steve . The leniency of the penalty imposed by the NRL certainly does not reflect the magistrate’s view of May’s actions which he described as being “ both reprehensible and cowardly “ - his words .

I can recall a time when the NRL took a very dim view of players whose - off field indiscretions - were regarded as giving the game a black eye and were dealt with accordingly , but no longer apparently .

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
The May decision is absolutely incredible.

I’m always a bit skeptical when people start talking conspiracy theories with the judiciary. But what’s the defence for this one?

If they’d said that they’ve decided not to suspend him because the judicial system has dealt with him? Fine. Or if they’d said that they’ll suspend him now? Fine.

But they’ve literally said that they’ve delayed the suspension because it wouldn’t be fair to suspend him for a finals series. Has there even been a precedent for something like this?

dannyt

Coach
The May decision is absolutely incredible.

I’m always a bit skeptical when people start talking conspiracy theories with the judiciary. But what’s the defence for this one?

If they’d said that they’ve decided not to suspend him because the judicial system has dealt with him? Fine. Or if they’d said that they’ll suspend him now? Fine.

But they’ve literally said that they’ve delayed the suspension because it wouldn’t be fair to suspend him for a finals series. Has there even been a precedent for something like this?
Last year could've been, but they knee-capped us so that there was absolutely no chance of making the finals.

Dragon David

First Grade

dannyt

Coach
NRL 360 really pissed about the suspended suspension on May.

The NRL have now made it a precedent that if you are charged with an offence, any suspension can be deferred. Am I correct in saying this?

No. We will be in a similar situation next year, and the NRL will decree that the suspension is immediate.

Gareth67

First Grade
No. We will be in a similar situation next year, and the NRL will decree that the suspension is immediate.
Without a doubt Danny , without a doubt .

Those mongrels from the Dragons have a number of players who certainly deserve to spend time on the sideline , blokes like Mikal Ravawala who constantly tackles his opponents around the hips and legs , lawd forbid !

Although one could argue ( certainly the NRL ) that his indiscretions have taken place on the field and also wears that jersey with the Big Red V , therefore he deserves whatever those nitwits at the judiciary give him , he is still giving the game of rugby league a huge black eye .

Shame on you Rava , shame on you Dragons !

Congratulations to the NRL for yet again showing logic and decisive thinking in handing down their penalty on May .

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
NRL 360 really pissed about the suspended suspension on May.

The NRL have now made it a precedent that if you are charged with an offence, any suspension can be deferred. Am I correct in saying this?

Just more evidence of the corruption around letting players play big games to not dilute their product and how the current media darlings and successful clubs are treated to the others.
The NRL is digging more holes than a gravedigger for itself with its on field and off field decisions, rules and officiating.

thebigredv

First Grade
One would hope someone at the club has compiled a reel of footage showing the disparities in judicial decisions throughout the last two seasons and submit it to Annesley, Abdo and V'landys. If the NRL dismiss it then make it public.

Surely someone who gets paid to look after the club could put this together in the space of an afternoon. It's not as if they are busy doing finals promotional stuff.

Hold these cheats accountable for their favouritism - judicial, refs, stadiums, stand down policies. The list goes on and it it is pushing us to the point of no return. Been happening for years but now it's blatant and they think they are answerable to no one.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes we get to watch the fines and report on fields only for just about most things just keep flowing throughout the finals.
We cant have a finals team down to 12, especially in a cut throat game

rasaint

Juniors
Hey there was that absolute pearler from a forum poster when Rava suspended. It showed in slow motion all the bad head high tackles continuing after the tragic round with classic music and Vlandys passionate appeals about his worries for players playing as background sound.

Heard nothing since and understand ? Journalists didn’t want to mention or touch it. Also no response ? From Vlandys or NRL. Am I correct on this?

Dragon David

First Grade
Hey there was that absolute pearler from a forum poster when Rava suspended. It showed in slow motion all the bad head high tackles continuing after the tragic round with classic music and Vlandys passionate appeals about his worries for players playing as background sound.

Heard nothing since and understand ? Journalists didn’t want to mention or touch it. Also no response ? From Vlandys or NRL. Am I correct on this?
I don't think it got past first base. As far as those people are concerned, who cares about what the Dragons' players cop, only us fans?

Our players have the history to be the first to be suspended when new rules come out. It is a given every time. They know that we are soft targets, that's why!

If none of the club's representatives stands up for the players, we need someone who is in the media or is a journalist to help us out, especially if he is a Dragons fan.

You take Gus Gould. He speaks up for players as per -

Latest posts