What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final 2022 - Penrith vs Parramatta - Game Day

Frailty

First Grade
For all the crap that Kennedy copped in the final weeks of the season, imagine paying him the money Gutherson was getting for his defensive "efforts" last night. Potentially the most overrated player in the game.

shadowboxer

First Grade
ABBB6849-4732-4832-9BEB-34C4C128AD00.gif
Gotta feel for Parramatta- this was the tag line the media were running this morning. Spare me..

Frenzy.

Immortal
For all the crap that Kennedy copped in the final weeks of the season, imagine paying him the money Gutherson was getting for his defensive "efforts" last night. Potentially the most overrated player in the game.

Yeah but Mahoney (7), Campbell-Gillard (5) and Papalii (11) misses were worse and let the traffic storm through.

Fullbacks are on a hiding to nothing

shadowboxer

First Grade
The night time GF is a blast till just after full time, when you get kicked of the pub and as no where else open and go home.
The gloss on it rubbed off years ago.
Maybe now with such crap ratings they will re think it…. amateur hour

Quicksilver

Bench
A different approach- put mens GF on at traditional time.

Then have ladies in the evening so we have something to watch if we keep drinking. Maybe play the ladies at a different (smaller) ground as a stand alone.

In saying that though, I thought it was decent entertainment watching the women first, and a fair portion of the crowd were in their seats. Probably mainly because the game featured Parra

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm interested in what out rated the GF yesterday. Anyone know.

To be honest I only tuned in for the game. Wasn't interested in the pregame stuff and although I love him, Jimmy has had his day. I could not allow my ears to be exposed to those Channel 9 dix. Fox has some bad ones but I find EVERY 9 commentator to be intolerable. Watched without sound yesterday actually

SadShark

Bench
What out-rated the GF was “Farmer Want’s A Colonic Cleansing”. Far more entertaining than James Barnes Screeching attempts at Melodie’s from his own songs.

Anahooo, yes, it would have been diabolical to have watched William Kennedy fling the end of his shirt sleeve out at any said playa that broke through the first line of defence.

Jimmy, bless him, is a screeching mess. But the bloke is 145 years old. FMD.
Was our meatloaf moment.
we all remember that disaster.

with the woman's salary cap being on par with the men's soon with shite all additional revenue streams will be lucky to get a dancing monkey soon!

Started drinking at midday, worked the Brewery until closing at 6. Stayed there with a mate, tv on, sound down, music blasting, drank beer.
10 mins into the game Penrith get their roll on, “games over”
drank beer,
music blasting,
home at 1.30am.
I won the Clive Churchill.
Edit: Oh I forgot!! as soon as the GF finished I put 2016 straight on!!!

Last edited:

SadShark

Bench
Started drinking at midday, worked the Brewery until closing at 6. Stayed there with a mate, tv on, sound down, music blasting, drank beer.
10 mins into the game Penrith get their roll on, “games over”
drank beer,
music blasting,
home at 1.30am.
I won the Clive Churchill.
You’re a derty, derty champ.

who the f**k calls themselves daddy.
if these merkins don't have the biggest target on their backs next season.
all teams need to get their shit together and dig in hard at pre season and come for these assholes.

Frenzy.

Immortal
who the f**k calls themselves daddy.
if these merkins don't have the biggest target on their backs next season.
all teams need to get their shit together and dig in hard at pre season and come for these assholes.

I think Romy calls Briza Daddy.

They all call the coach Ivor.

Ivor Daddy that is.