What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Robin

Juniors
He'll join Tex Hoy there. Hoy was initially signed to play in the halves, but they just released their fullback so he and Clifford will slot in to their preferred positions.

The interesting part is that the player Hull released is joining Huddersfield and is an established fullback/half/utility back. Huddersfield already have another player who covered a similar role this year named Will Pryce. Could be another moving part here.
If Clifford joins Hull FC his career is on a downward spiral. That club has many bad eggs, is 'ruled' by 3/4 home players who have basically got the last two coaches sacked. It's new coach Tony Smith has been a good coach but is rapidly becoming a dinosaur in the coaching world. Their stadium is owned by the local soccer team, Hull City, and their lease to play there only has another three years so position in Super League is precarious. Pearson the owner has readily admitted to being skint. Any player thinking of plying their trade there will always be in the shadow of Hull Kingston Rovers, whose last victory of 2022 was a hammering of fc at their rented soccer stadium playing with a squad of only sixteen players due to the biggest injury crisis seen in Super League. Keep clear Jake for your own career sake.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Jake Conor has left Hull FC to return to Huddersfield Giants. That will hopefully Strengthen our chances of landing Will Pryce early. He is a half or fullback. He was a rumoured target for the Raiders this season.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
I find random twitter accounts are definitely the most accurate sources of information.

Think they need to work on their comprehension, I believe rothfield suggested the tigers would tip in 300k rather than the other way round.

In any case the Tigers have all the leverage here, they know if the knights go into 2023 with the current halves on the books a lot of people are getting sacked.

Burwood

Bench
I’m sure any amount that Wests pay for Brooks in 2023 will be recovered by us paying out some of Klemmer’s contract.

slotmachine

First Grade
I've no idea why we would pay out any of Klemmers contract when he's only here for another year anyway.

Fair enough if you don't want to extend him but he just won players player (basically because he's the only one who had a go this year), we're going to be bad in 2023 regardless and it's too late to sign anyone decent to replace him.

If someone is willing to take full freight then good luck to him getting a long term deal somewhere else

Old dog

Juniors
Are we seeing a trend here.
Pearce a goer, ok past his best, we let him go with a season to go.
Barnett also an effort player, won award two years, let him go early
Klemmer, players player, a real effort player now being considered to move on despite under contract 2023.

Burwood

Bench
The problem I have with Klemmer is that he’s part of a $2m+ chunk of our salary cap being spent on props. Couldn’t really care less if it is him or one of the Saifitis being moved on, but having all 3 on big dollars throws our entire salary cap out of whack.

And with Hasler getting the sack, a World Cup underway and November 1 fast approaching, I get the feeling there is still a lot of player movement to happen in the NRL before 2023 rolls around.

General Knight

Juniors
Sounds like the Brooks thing is inevitable. Hopefully he has the same effect on us that Townsend did with the Cowboys. Though in saying that their coach seems to have abit more of a clue than ours.

Yosh

Coach
Sounds like the Brooks thing is inevitable. Hopefully he has the same effect on us that Townsend did with the Cowboys. Though in saying that their coach seems to have abit more of a clue than ours.

We are signing a left side dominant player to partner Ponga in the halves, who is also left dominant. Townsend was brought in to provide stability, experience, calm and to steady the ship. Brooks offers none of that. We need a Townsend or Ryenolds, not Brooks.

However, I hope I'm proven wrong. Perhaps our forwards and back three will provide us with the go forward and momentum and Brooks + Ponga will just insert themselves to provide the creativity and spark. Maybe the stability and calm can come from hooker and lock. Under AOB, I just don't see it.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Ponga and Brooks to the halves. Dom trains at fullback. Would need some work on the lower kicks and his hands but he has everything to be a world class fullback. He left Joseph S in his wake with that second try. Dom hitting the line off a short ball in support up the middle would be a thing of beauty.

Latest posts