What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2022 discussion

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Personally, yeah I do, but I'm not going to have a go at people who may think he hasn't.

If you want to debate it, go nuts, but the whole "you're just death riding him" shit just negates any debate

I don't have a problem with those who don't agree with my opinion. In fact differing ideas create good solid discussion.

What I do have a problem is when (and this has been the case). Every single post highlights the fact that XXXXX player is shit, the team is doomed because of XXXXX player is going to be in the team. Without a ball even been played in the new season.

When this occurs, (and from time to time it does) I call this 'death riding'. Which it is.

Perhaps I jumped the gun......because at the end of last season. On each and every day there were moanings about how dare the club let Buton leave. How shite Tago was going to be at centre (which of course was proven wrong) As Tago was one of the many highlight players of the year.

To the germ (or germs) I can't recall late last night who called me a 'f**king miserable old cow'.....and made other such vile comments. It was one of 3 posters ACT Panther, iamback, o SmugPanther.

Those comments say an awful lot more about you and your character than what it does about me.

I was actually quite hurt and upset by those barbs. I know I won't get an apology, so that's why I'm expressing myself here and now.

This year has been perhaps the most challeging and difficult years of my life. My disease is slowly eating away at me. Those comments really topped it off.

Am I guilt tripping here. You betcha, cause nobody deserves to be spoken to in such a manner.

Thanks for reading.

Jennifer. (aka Alice)

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't have a problem with those who don't agree with my opinion. In fact differing ideas create good solid discussion.

What I do have a problem is when (and this has been the case). Every single post highlights the fact that XXXXX player is shit, the team is doomed because of XXXXX player is going to be in the team. Without a ball even been played in the new season.

When this occurs, (and from time to time it does) I call this 'death riding'. Which it is.

Perhaps I jumped the gun......because at the end of last season. On each and every day there were moanings about how dare the club let Buton leave. How shite Tago was going to be at centre (which of course was proven wrong) As Tago was one of the many highlight players of the year.

To the germ (or germs) I can't recall late last night who called me a 'f**king miserable old cow'.....and made other such comments. It was one of 3 posters ACT Panther, iamback, o SmugPanther.

Those comments say an awful lot more about you and your character than what it does about me.

I was actually quite hurt and upset by those barbs. I know I won't get an apology, so that's what I'm expressing myself here and now.

This year has been perhaps the most challeging and difficult years of my life. My disease is slowly eating away at me. Those comments really topped it off.

Am I guilt tripping here. You betcha, cause nobody deserves to be spoken to in such a manner.

Thanks for reading.

Jennifer. (aka Alice)
I don't recall anyone claiming Tago would be shit. Quite the opposite if memory serves. There was plenty of angst over Burto not being retained, but the main discussion over Tago was if he was a center or a back row.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't recall anyone claiming Tago would be shit. Quite the opposite if memory serves. There was plenty of angst over Burto not being retained, but the main discussion over Tago was if he was a center or a back row.

and of course that excuses a person using such vile comments.

I reported the comments. But as per ususal nothing has been done. The post remains up in 20 or so hours later.

Character assassination at it's finest. Thanks to Smug, imback and ACT Panther. Well done.

Regarding my post about Tago. I know there were posts made doubting whether Tago could cope, many of them being expressed over and over again, Like with the Burton it was excessive. Each and evey day the forum was filled with stuff about Burton leaving, and lack of faith about Tago being in the centres. This was all done before a ball was kicked for the 2022 season.

That being the case. It says a lot about the mindset here on this sub forum.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

Good to see @Smug Panther coming around to him as a backrower. Unleash Turuva

CCJohnC

Juniors
I don't think Turuva has the size of a secnd rower at present may grow into one. Unless IC is going to change the dynamics of second row with faster and lighter players.

Iamback

Coach
I don't think Turuva has the size of a secnd rower at present may grow into one. Unless IC is going to change the dynamics of second row with faster and lighter players.

That is why I want Tago 2nd row, May is a natural centre means we play Turuva on the wing

Which is the better option than Garner starting

soc123_au

Staff member
and of course that excuses a person using such vile comments.

I reported the comments. But as per ususal nothing has been done. The post remains up in 20 or so hours later.

Character assassination at it's finest. Thanks to Smug, imback and ACT Panther. Well done.

Regarding my post about Tago. I know there were posts made doubting whether Tago could cope, many of them being expressed over and over again, Like with the Burton it was excessive. Each and evey day the forum was filled with stuff about Burton leaving, and lack of faith about Tago being in the centres. This was all done before a ball was kicked for the 2022 season.

That being the case. It says a lot about the mindset here on this sub forum.
I don't think the vile comments were warranted either. I'm not saying this to excuse it any way, but they were still pretty tame by internet standards. The internet is a pretty low bar for standards I will admit. My advice to anyone re getting abused online is don't take it personally, they don't know you and you don't know them, it's just an anonymous user name gobbing off at another anonymous user name.

You are right there were questions if Tago would be up to Burtons level in the centers. Mostly relating to it being a big step up for someone so young playing top level for 25 weeks+.

As it turns out I think he exceeded even his staunchest supporters expectations, but he did drop off a bit towards the end of the season which justifies that the concerns were valid.

Bottom line is that it's a discussion forum. People discuss shit, it's easy to misinterpret the written word in a conversational forum when you don't have the benefit of tone, facial expressions etc. Especially if you are going into a conversation on the defensive.

Some of the posters here are dead set footy nerds and have discussions that are from a perspective most dont go that deep into. I find it interesting reading whether I agree or not with whatever point is being debated, but I will admit when someone comes in with a "true supporter" type comment I do roll my eyes. It adds nothing to the discussion other than getting a shitfight underway. No one has to agree with the points being raised, but if it's worth commenting on then throw a counter argument on why you believe they are wrong. It makes for much better reading. This paragraph isn't directed at anyone in particular either, just a general observation that most of us could probably take heed of on occasion.

The Realist

Juniors
What does that have to do with the point I made?
You are not arguing the topic because there is no comeback.

It's because I have covered it elsewhere in this forum and also arguing with people in other places like Twitter.

But to sum it up - if you blame that Samoan loss on the Penrith boys then I just can't take you seriously. They are basically all outside backs - Even Luai is a quasi-outside back because he is a non-dominant half.

Just tell me one team who can win with their outside backs when their forwards AND Spine are getting dominated.
Now add abysmal coaching and 3 onfield injuries. There was almost nothing that the Panthers boys could do in that situation.

stryker

First Grade
Just tell me one team who can win with their outside backs when their forwards AND Spine are getting dominated.
Now add abysmal coaching and 3 onfield injuries. There was almost nothing that the Panthers boys could do in that situation.
I’d agree if they tried.
None of them went above and beyond or busted their arses in any way. See how they go against weaker opposition. They’ll be tripping each other over to get to the ball.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well the opposition were poor, but our Aussie boys were all fantastic.

Nathan must have racked up 3 or 4 try assists to go with his try. Yeo scored a try and was fantastic creating space in the middle. Martin was belting everyone who dared go his side of the field, run the ball hard and had a try assist of his own aswell.

Honestly was disappointed with Burton, Crichton and Munster that first half. Left edge was shockingly poor considering the opposition. Nathan had to pop up on the left to create the points. Second half they seemed to settle in and Burton ended up proving the highlight of the game