What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

possm

Coach
On Fox Sports, it is reported that the Dragons are looking to sign David Fifita. The Titans have offered to pay him a reduced salary of 750,00.

However, Fox Sports believe the stumbling block is the culture at the Dragons: "The Dragons are rumored to be interested in his services, but given the culture issues at the club at the moment Fifita — a player who will likely have the luxury of options — is best to steer clear of the Red V."

I say, sign Hasler as our coach and then Fifita on a 3-year deal at 800k, with the Titans tipping in for season 2023. Sims was on 800k so, from my point of view, he is the best option for a 'like for like or better' replacement for Sims.

Last edited:

brissiedragon

Juniors
He wouldn't be on an edge where back rowers can isolate him.

He'd be in the middle in gang tackles going low while his props go high.

Just like when he plays origin/ tests...
Oh you mean Blake Lawrie who missed 73 tackles and our other revolving door prop Sharon Woods. Sure, other teams wouldnt dare run at our crappiest defenders.

Dragsters

First Grade
On Fox Sports, it is reported that the Dragons are looking to sign David Fifita. The Titans have offered to pay him a reduced salary of 750,00.

However, Fox Sports believe the stumbling block is the culture at the Dragons: "The Dragons are rumored to be interested in his services, but given the culture issues at the club at the moment Fifita — a player who will likely have the luxury of options — is best to steer clear of the Red V."

I say, sign Hasler as our coach and then Fifita on a 3-year deal at 800k, with the Titans tipping in for season 2023. Sims was on 800k so, from my point of view, he is the best option for a 'like for like or better' replacement for Sims.

So fox sports are now believing their own bullshit and have now decided to parley said bullshit into direct advice to NRL players on their playing futures.

Unfknblvable...

Changa

Juniors
D Fafita is unrealistic for our club, let's be real. I would personally go after Ethan Bullemor to play left edge. Underrated and would be agitating for a realise after Des brought him down from the Broncos to make the switch from prop to backrow, only to be sacked a year in.

The kid has a good motor and speed.

justadragon

Bench
So if he plays hooker they won't send their attack towards him?
I also agree with Dragsters comments above, we have to consider having a good pack like he has in origin or the WC, therefore attack would be directed at other playmakers like Sully and Amone. Yes I know we dont have that great defensive structure, but who do you blame for that, the players or the coach. Personally I think we have decent forwards, JDB Lawrie was the improve, Sua, the Molo's can be impressive. I still go back to the KPI that Hook was brought to the club for, a defensive based coach who demands discipline.

lombard

Juniors
D Fafita is unrealistic for our club, let's be real. I would personally go after Ethan Bullemor to play left edge. Underrated and would be agitating for a realise after Des brought him down from the Broncos to make the switch from prop to backrow, only to be sacked a year in.

I think I read Bullemor might be retiring to take up a job.

blacksafake

First Grade

Goes ok does Bullemor

Walpole

Juniors
Unfortunately “goes ok” is Griffin’s preferred choice when selecting a forward. We need a few who go more than “ok”. It’s scary that our powderpuff forward pack is actually going to be weaker in ‘23 than it was in ‘22. All we need now is Willie Mason to run on when a scrum packs to ask us where our forwards are…..
What's Willie doing these days. He might get a run for us.

I’m amazed by lack of recruitment for our forward pack. Tigers close to signing Bateman on top of Korisai, Papallii, and rumour has it will get Klemer or Frizzell. We get no one…. Just very very lazy
May simply be that players aren’t willing to sign with our club because:

1. We are an administrative nightmare; or
2. No longer paying massive overs; or
3. Hook is the coach

Latest posts