What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 1 2023

Maximus

Coach
Three are those are home games - that's their choice.

Firstly, you are moving the goalposts. You claimed we were irrelevant because we play interstate a lot despite all the Sydney sides from this year's top 8 playing virtually the same amount of games as us. I didn't even bother looking at bottom 8 sides.

Secondly, they don't have a home ground during that period, so the draw means they have to take it on the road.

shiloh dc

Juniors
I commend Souths for taking home games to large population areas to grow their fan base. Smart business practice.
Our brand is in decline - there no disputing that.

Parko1310

Juniors
I commend Souths for taking home games to large population areas to grow their fan base. Smart business practice.
Our brand is in decline - there no disputing that.
A large portion of our supporter base would only be in favour of us doing this if it meant taking games away from wollongong and not kogarah. It can't be done as things currently stand, it's delusional. All the more reason to just play out of one home in Wollongong...

SEAT 1A

Bench
It's not a draw from hell but I can't see us moving up to many spots. Some of the teams below us will have better years and we will lose a few that we should win.

Hopefully the young guns get more of a go but that may cost a few games.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
N
It's not a draw from hell but I can't see us moving up to many spots. Some of the teams below us will have better years and we will lose a few that we should win.

Hopefully the young guns get more of a go but that may cost a few games.
Nah, disagree. Despite evidence to the contrary it is around the time of year when I start confidently telling my friends - "2023, the year of the Dragon! "

Mind you, I say it every year, just the year number changes.

This Year?

Immortal
One extra week to enjoy the off season after we win the Charity Shield and the battle of Saints. We have no chance of an April premiership in 2023! Bloody draw!

Last edited:
I'd rather have the bye in the first round than the last round - it would disrupt our preparations for the semi-finals! hahahaha

But seriously, I'm more worried about how the bye round is going to stuff up SuperCoach. I just started to get good at it, too...

kit66

Bench
I was having a look at our current squad earlier, thinking who might be in our first game for 2023 and it went something like this -
1 Sloan
2 Matt Feagai
3 Suli
4 Lomax
5 Rav
6 Amone
7 Hunt

8 Molo F
9 Liddle
10 Lawrie
11 Bird
12 Su'a
13 DeBelin

14 Mbye / Sullivan
15 Woods / Kerr
16 Musgrave
17 Fuimaono

Which is virtually the same team we had in Round 1 this year. The only differences being we had 2. Ramsey, 8. Woods and Molo F on the bench, 17. Gjetski and of course 9. McCullough.

So we'll have pretty much the same 1-7 and just a few changes in the forwards, barring any last minute signings (fingers crossed). The team above could do well but any injuries or suspensions will hit us hard next year. The biggest change is the loss of our two biggest penalty / suspension magnets Sims and McGuire which is a blessing in disguise really (those two weren't in the round 1 team this year).

Parko1310

Juniors
I was having a look at our current squad earlier, thinking who might be in our first game for 2023 and it went something like this -
1 Sloan
2 Matt Feagai
3 Suli
4 Lomax
5 Rav
6 Amone
7 Hunt

8 Molo F
9 Liddle
10 Lawrie
11 Bird
12 Su'a
13 DeBelin

14 Mbye / Sullivan
15 Woods / Kerr
16 Musgrave
17 Fuimaono

Which is virtually the same team we had in Round 1 this year. The only differences being we had 2. Ramsey, 8. Woods and Molo F on the bench, 17. Gjetski and of course 9. McCullough.

So we'll have pretty much the same 1-7 and just a few changes in the forwards, barring any last minute signings (fingers crossed). The team above could do well but any injuries or suspensions will hit us hard next year. The biggest change is the loss of our two biggest penalty / suspension magnets Sims and McGuire which is a blessing in disguise really (those two weren't in the round 1 team this year).
Molo is suspended for our first two games.

possm

Coach
1 Sloan
2 Matt Feagai
3 Suli
4 Lomax
5 Rav
6 Amone
7 Hunt

8 Molo F
9 Liddle
10 Lawrie
11 Bird
12 Su'a
13 DeBelin

14 Mbye / Sullivan
15 Woods / Kerr
16 Musgrave
17 Fuimaono

Our big problems are:
The loss of Ramsey at fullback.
Our inability to recruit two decent forwards (edge forward and prop).
All of our recruits will maybe make for a stronger reserve grade.

Latest posts