What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2022

JJ

Immortal
motivation is important in these games... I guess that's why mediocre week-to-week (NRL) coaches like Meninga, Lowe, McLennan etc have done well (same in Origin)... (actually, I don't think Lowe did well tbh)

Be a shock if the flights needed to be changed, but the talent is there

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Their pack may give Aussie some trouble. Aussies have been beaten by Tonga in the past so you never know, although unlikely

I’d assumed this semi would be the same time as ours, was shocked to see the result when I woke up

JJ

Immortal
Aussie pack aside from Yeo and Murray isn't the best imo - especially the props, but I don't see how they lose - and they might flog them

Blair

Coach
I hope Samoa don't let their emotions get the better of them. Tough NRL players, yep, but when they pull on the Samoan jersey they have all that extra pride in representing their beautiful homeland.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Hopefully next time round cup organisers sort a better system so comp involves more competitive games. England played Samoa twice but no other top 4-5 country. Aus only played Fiji and us. Tonga played Samoa but no other top 4 nation etc etc. And why draw set up we were only ever going to get a chance to play just 1 of Eng, Samoa or Tonga and ended up playing mine. I know it’s difficult with only 6-7 competitive nations but it’s hardly a fare representation of what could’ve been a great showpiece. And…..no i dont know best answer

JJ

Immortal
Hopefully next time round cup organisers sort a better system so comp involves more competitive games. England played Samoa twice but no other top 4-5 country. Aus only played Fiji and us. Tonga played Samoa but no other top 4 nation etc etc. And why draw set up we were only ever going to get a chance to play just 1 of Eng, Samoa or Tonga and ended up playing mine. I know it’s difficult with only 6-7 competitive nations but it’s hardly a fare representation of what could’ve been a great showpiece. And…..no i dont know best answer
Not sure in reality there are 6-7, Poms played awfully... but at least now those upsets are possible, and the gap to Straya is closer...

Nonetheless, women's rugby world cup only had 4 competitive teams, but managed a spectacle... probably not possible, but how cool would it be to have the Pacific Islands co-host the league world cup?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ireland player turned up to have a few with the Pommy lads. Apparently he got abusive to the coach so Radley sorted him out with a headbutt and split him open lol

Matua

Bench
I hope Samoa don't let their emotions get the better of them. Tough NRL players, yep, but when they pull on the Samoan jersey they have all that extra pride in representing their beautiful homeland.
TBF, most of them aren't representing their homeland, they're representing their parents or grandparents homeland. :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Joey Manu and Raecene McGregor named winners of Mens and Womans Golden boot winners for 2022

Outstanding for both. We know what Manu can do and people are starting to see what Raecene is about. Ive watched her play for about 5 years now and im not suprised she is getting the wraps she is. She will BE OUR GREATEST WOMANS PLAYER EVER when she retires

Blair

Coach
30-10 Kangaroos. Final.

A bit of a cruise for Australia but nice to see Samoa score a couple of tries.

Latest posts