What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

As much as it's been talked about lately in the media, I really don't see Ponga moving from fullback unless we actually sign an established top level one to replace him, which we haven't yet

The 6 jersey will come down to a preseason shootout imo

Bdubs

Juniors
if the Miller signing is true, i am a fan of it. I think he could be a good signing for us.

For those of you saying we should get big names... those guys are already tied up, Miller is a good solid alterative. Yes he has some things to improve and learn, but he is solid at the back and will run all day.

Its a bit like the Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad situation. Couldn't get a look in at the Warriors, went to Canberra and look how he went

I see Miller as a Dylan Edwards style player, not in the same class obviously.

Miller was really the 2nd string fullback at Cronulla, but Dykes is younger and also the son of a club legend so he has jumped him in their pecking order

Yosh

Coach
I'm looking forward to seeing Miller come here and offer a different type of playing style from fullback. I want to see our fullback with some serious pace, enthusiasm and effort. At least we know he will run a thousand miles an hour after catching a kick.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm looking forward to seeing Miller come here and offer a different type of playing style from fullback. I want to see our fullback with some serious pace, enthusiasm and effort. At least we know he will run a thousand miles an hour after catching a kick.
Honestly if he can just do that when he’s called upon to be in the team then I’ll be pleased.

League guru

Juniors
Isn't that the reason you pay Ponga over a million a year. To provide all the efforts you just mentioned.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The other consideration is whether KP moving to 6 works. So investing in a top line fullback may not be as wise a move as we make it out to be. At least not yet.
Yeah absolutely, no point in spending big money on a no.1 then deciding that KP needs to play FB again down the track.

At the end of the day we're paying KP $1.2M per season because of what he can (or should) do at FB. The whole 5/8 thing needs to be well thought out if we actually go down that route eventually.

League guru

Juniors
We are going down that route right now.

Ponga to 5/8 has to happen. He isn't doing the job at fullback.
If he isn't doing the job from the safety of fullback, he won't be able to do it from 6 where they will be ending traffic at him all day. As Wayne said he is happy to just plod along at the Knights whilst you pay over 1m a year.

Alex28

Coach
NRL app says Hastings is official - 3 years. Klemmer gone, interestingly says “another club” however I assume it’s the Tigers.

mozza91

Coach
Good to finally get a FG standard half.

Shame to lose Klemmer though. Gave everything he had and actually gave a shit. Will be missed especially when the Saifiti’s are having their dozen or so quiet games they have each season.

If he isn't doing the job from the safety of fullback, he won't be able to do it from 6 where they will be ending traffic at him all day. As Wayne said he is happy to just plod along at the Knights whilst you pay over 1m a year.
What a complete load of shit

No player gets to this level with an attitude like that