What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I like what Sheens is doing. Setting things up in stages for the future .

Next year top 12 for sure.

When Tim started meddling with the roster after the coaching fiasco, no one really cared and we just patted him on the head because no one important was involved.

He appointed himself and bodgy as coach for half a decade, no one cared.

So he’s pretty much thinking he can get away with anything now.

This is all our fault for being cowards and shills.

We did nothing to stop Tim then and cry when he runs over us multiple times playing his fantasy league of Brooks becoming the next Hunt or DCE.

He’s going back to the uk in 2 years. He’s a multi millionaire. He won’t be accountable and Lee will simply blame him when we come 12th.

gordsy

Juniors
I remember reading here about us signing Kade Dykes. Apparently he is being given the sharks no.1 jersey and the Knights are trying to sign Lachy Miller.

We just officially released Hastings, so looks like that one had some truth in it.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
We just officially released Hastings, so looks like that one had some truth in it.
He has been moved on so we can sign Bateman. We also get Klemmer.
Given that our forwards were absolute rubbish in defense and attack this year I am happy with what looks like happening.
I'll even stick my neck out and say that Brooks will look good behind a much improved forward pack.
Still got a couple of signings to go so given we were the NRL's basket case this year I see us making more progress than what we have for years.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So when does Woods sign? Weren’t Klemmer and Woods best mates and what not?
They were such good buddies Klemmer said a main reason he moved to Newcastle was to get away from some bad influences in Sydney,
Read into that what you will but I don't see Woods coming to the Tigers.

Tigerm

First Grade
They were such good buddies Klemmer said a main reason he moved to Newcastle was to get away from some bad influences in Sydney,
Read into that what you will but I don't see Woods coming to the Tigers.
I think we might be a FR short though?

But hopefully the Woods ship has sailed.

Shredder

Juniors
I think we have two spots left. Bateman for one hopefully.

Im a little concerned we are short in the front row as well. I wouldnt hate the idea of Woods for one year with a club option. Just to fill the spot.

I also don't think Stains came here to play reserves, so will be interesting to see where Sheens puts him. If hes going to be on the wing, I think we need to seriously consider moving Nofo on.

I guess we are targeting backs next year?

Tigerm

First Grade
I think we have two spots left. Bateman for one hopefully.

Im a little concerned we are short in the front row as well. I wouldnt hate the idea of Woods for one year with a club option. Just to fill the spot.

I also don't think Stains came here to play reserves, so will be interesting to see where Sheens puts him. If hes going to be on the wing, I think we need to seriously consider moving Nofo on.

I guess we are targeting backs next year?
Re: 2 spots, I haven’t kept a tally but is Jacko going still make it 2?

Agree about Nofa, though he is chairman Lee’s pet so probably won’t happen?

Yeah, I think we are a FR short but still spots to be filled so hopefully not Woods for me.

Shredder

Juniors
2 after Jacko.

Lee was talking big about hard decisions to be made in an article, so I suspect some on contract players may be moved.

I also think all clubs are waiting for the NRL to define next years salary cap. Its ridiculous this isnt sorted.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Read elsewhere that Hastings is not the last one to go, probably 1 or 2 more so we either have a few coming in or upgrading development players.

On Klemmer, his stats from 2022. He was their best forward this season by a long way.

APPEARANCES 18

SCORING

TRIES: 1

ATTACK​

TACKLE BREAKS: 22
AVERAGE HIT UPS: 14.1
POST CONTACT METRES: 1180.2

PASSING​

OFFLOADS: 36

DEFENCE​

TACKLES MADE: 589
TACKLE EFFICIENCY: 97%