What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Not sure Ransley Street being closed off is viable, Panthers had to pay for Traffic lights and another entrance via Jamison Road.

Ransley Street being closed off takes away another entrance, Which once the Conference Centre is up and running the more exit points the better

You mean entrance to the leagues club? I hadn’t considered that. But even without acquiring Ransley st a structure could still be built at the Norhern end, it would just be a bit smaller. You could then make the stands a little bigger on each side to accommodat the needed capacity. You could even shift the stadium slightly westwards if a larger eastern stand is required.

Munky

Coach
Out of curiosity with all the development in Western Sydney what will be the population centre of the Penrith region?

Is it serviced by public transport? To get to Penrith from Richmond the train goes via Blacktown.

Out of curiosity with all the development in Western Sydney what will be the population centre of the Penrith region?

Is it serviced by public transport? To get to Penrith from Richmond the train goes via Blacktown.

There’ll be A metro run from Schofields to St Mary’s within the next 15 years, cutting that trip a lot shorter.

Munky

Coach
There’ll be A metro run from Schofields to St Mary’s within the next 15 years, cutting that trip a lot shorter.

I'm still wondering if Mulgoa Road is the best location for the stadium. The public transport links direct to Penrith just don't exist.

Unpopular opinion I know, but it isn't a stadium built for the Panthers it is a stadium built for the people of the area in which the Panthers reside.

I'm still wondering if Mulgoa Road is the best location for the stadium. The public transport links direct to Penrith just don't exist.

Unpopular opinion I know, but it isn't a stadium built for the Panthers it is a stadium built for the people of the area in which the Panthers reside.

Didn‘t you suggest putting the stadium at the western Sydney parklands, or was that someone else? There’s no public transport there at all.

Goonji

Juniors

Maybe Panthers could come to the table by offering the Ski Lakes land to build the new stadium on as a compromise, saving the Government a bucket of money. The land may require rezoning but could also provide heaps of parking. One downside would be car and bus access and egress after games with limited road exists from the stadium.

Munky

Coach
Didn‘t you suggest putting the stadium at the western Sydney parklands, or was that someone else? There’s no public transport there at all.

It was me and I said the links would need to be built but the window was missed in 2006 when the M7 was finished.

It's a few kms from St Mary's and Blacktown stations.

Would also service the South West and North West due to the M7 connecting to the M2 and M5.

forby

Juniors
I can see it now - the big refurbishment will be making the family hill uncovered seating and fix up the toilets on both sides! That’s about all they can do without a full rebuild, which on the present site would be around 20k. Total waste of time.

Iamback

Coach
You mean entrance to the leagues club? I hadn’t considered that. But even without acquiring Ransley st a structure could still be built at the Norhern end, it would just be a bit smaller. You could then make the stands a little bigger on each side to accommodat the needed capacity. You could even shift the stadium slightly westwards if a larger eastern stand is required.

Yeah that is right where the Conference Centre undercover parking will be.

Having Ransley Street open allows easier access to Jamison Road and the M4

Iamback

Coach

The Metro will meet up at Tallawong ( Schofields ) go through to the airport. Under the existing St Marys station

Iamback

Coach

Mulgoa road runs directly to M4. If not there then where?

The Astina Hotel near the Bowling Club,
2 Hotels in Panthers complex
Also has another Hotel just the other side of the Station

As well as 15 min walk to the Station, Not sure if there is a better location

forby

Juniors
The Paceway is the best site, but the way things are going it will end up being apartments With nothing done to the present stadium!
Sorry, I am losing hope that it will be any sort of an acceptable outcome!

I think people are being a bit negative. I agree the paceway site would be the best, but i’m confident something very good can still be built on the current site. The main compromise will be at the southern end, at most you can probably only have a small terrace there.

westerntiger

Juniors
It was me and I said the links would need to be built but the window was missed in 2006 when the M7 was finished.

It's a few kms from St Mary's and Blacktown stations.

Would also service the South West and North West due to the M7 connecting to the M2 and M5.
You could still probably build a spur line from Doonside down to the Parklands with a station at Sydney Zoo as well.

forby

Juniors
Negative, but unfortunately I think realistic.
If they rebuild on the existing site it will be 20-22k which means less capacity than at present when you consider the increase in corporates. The current rhetoric is saying refurbishment not rebuild which will be probably uncovered seating and a touch up of the western stand.
We are being shafted by PVL and the government to ensure that the GF stays in Sydney and they spend money on Leichhardt, Brookvale and Cronulla, while looking like they are ’upgrading’ Penrith.
I honestly hope they do the right thing and build a decent stadium on the Paceway site but I think that’s Buckley’s now!

GongPanther

Referee

Kilkenny

Coach
IMO, the Libs will get trounced in the next March state election after the way they have handled the floods. Those apartments will be built, and at least the Panters Club will have more punters living near by, so it's not a total loss.
I’m not sure 2300 apartments will ever be approved on the Paceway site.

I think that development boat has sailed.

Murraymob1

Juniors
It’s safe to say there will be nothing happening in regards to a new ground at either site.so much money will need to be diverted to the flood victims and rightfully so

forby

Juniors
Why? Are you saying that because you don't have a natural disaster in your area you should get no infrastructure spending?
I have nothing against spending on flood or bushfire repair and recovery, but there has to be some middle ground. The stadium would create a lot of jobs in an area that has a fairly high unemployment rate, and attract other events and investments.