What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
I'd still be going all out for To'o. He is an amazing player and exactly what we need. Especially if we decide to move on Blake and Sivo who are both on decent coin. Their salaries combined could easily snare To'o with Dunster or Russell on the other wing.
His Wikipedia page has him born in Westmead. I wonder if that’s true. Surely he must have some relos around the area who could convince him to play for his place of birth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So two back up halves are good planning if we lose one or both our halves??? Having them both coming off contract at the same time is absolute stupidity. Thank god we signed Jakey though lol.
If we lost even one of our halves we’d have plenty of cash to sign a replacement. We wouldn’t need to stick backups in the starting side.

lucablight

First Grade
If we lost even one of our halves we’d have plenty of cash to sign a replacement. We wouldn’t need to stick backups in the starting side.
What the replacement be at least as good?
You don’t negotiate with players based on when others are coming off contract. If a player wants three years you don’t say it has to be two or four because old mate’s contract already runs out then.
That’s not what was being suggested. If there was an opportunity to re-sign Moses before the end of the year then it should have been taken. Did Melbourne wait until Munster was off contract to re-sign him when they had the opportunity? Did they wait until Hughes and Grant were off contract to extend them? It’s unbelievable that we have two off contract Star halves off contract at the same time while there is a dearth of them in the NRL and the vultures are circling. Maybe we could learn a thing or two from the “strong clubs” and how they do things. I guarantee Penrith wouldn’t sit around and wait until Cleary is free to sign with other clubs to lock him up either.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What the replacement be at least as good?
He only needs to be good enough and better value. The money saved can improve the team elsewhere.
That’s not what was being suggested. If there was an opportunity to re-sign Moses before the end of the year then it should have been taken. Did Melbourne wait until Munster was off contract to re-sign him when they had the opportunity? Did they wait until Hughes and Grant were off contract to extend them? It’s unbelievable that we have two off contract Star halves off contract at the same time while there is a dearth of them in the NRL and the vultures are circling. Maybe we could learn a thing or two from the “strong clubs” and how they do things. I guarantee Penrith wouldn’t sit around and wait until Cleary is free to sign with other clubs to lock him up either.
If Moses had been willing to take a pay cut I’m sure we would happily have re-signed him early. But he wasn’t. In fact he wanted a player option on his last contract. Maybe we could get him cheaper by giving his dad a job? It worked for Penrith.

lucablight

First Grade
He only needs to be good enough and better value. The money saved can improve the team elsewhere.

If Moses had been willing to take a pay cut I’m sure we would happily have re-signed him early. But he wasn’t. In fact he wanted a player option on his last contract. Maybe we could get him cheaper by giving his dad a job? It worked for Penrith.
How do you propose we’d be good enough without a recognised kicker?
What do the Clearys being extended before they were off contract have to do with them being related?

Latest posts