What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
If we can only keep 1,probably keep moses and make him the full playmaker like Thurston and Cleary and rather than the split halves we use.

Guth to 6 and try and find someone to fit into 1

If we can jag george Williams then keep dyl but he still has 2 years on his contract

Another slim possibility is hodgo at 7 if he stays fit

SneakyEel

Juniors
I'm keeping Dyl Brown over Moses any day. Brown has x-factor and it's something we're lacking and his only 22. He's gonna be one of the bests 6's in this era. Moses is replaceable.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wighton, Burton, Swalker, Brooks and Doueihi are all off contract. All can kick the ball. Alternatively we could move Gutherson to the halves and sign Suaalii.

Losing Moses would probably hurt our kicking game but there are better teams with worse kickers than ours. It’s not the be-all, end-all of rugby league. Most rival fans think Moses is shit. Now the club doesn’t want to meet his massive demands and suddenly he’s a gun? You merkins need to have a lie down.

Stevie

Bench
I think To’o is a beast too, but I honestly think it would be a cold day in hell before he actively signed up to play against his bum buddy mates.
Him/Luai/Cleary etc deadset have posters of each other up on their walls I reckon and have made a pact to love each other till the end flashing their cringeworthy Westlife gangsigns all the way.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I'm keeping Dyl Brown over Moses any day. Brown has x-factor and it's something we're lacking and his only 22. He's gonna be one of the bests 6's in this era. Moses is replaceable.
LOL Funny the Eels always had a halfback curse since Sterling. Moses isn't perfect but he's the closest thing we've had to a decent half since Jason Taylor.

Brown is an amazing player but I can't see him controlling a side like Mitch does. I do agree on the X factor though.

eels_fan

First Grade
I call BS on the below..
Yep. Would have been the club wanting to lose Moses down and his manager not wanting to limit potential increases that would have come with a finals run and World Cup later in the year.

no way in the world his manager was trying to push us to sign a deal mid-year. Zero chance

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think To’o is a beast too, but I honestly think it would be a cold day in hell before he actively signed up to play against his bum buddy mates.
Him/Luai/Cleary etc deadset have posters of each other up on their walls I reckon and have made a pact to love each other till the end flashing their cringeworthy Westlife gangsigns all the way.

Westlife? I reckon they're more Take That fans

lucablight

First Grade
Moses and Dylan Brown are always kissing and cuddling each other and Brown and Papali’i live/lived together. Doesn’t necessarily mean anything given the right circumstances.

Cloeel

Juniors
Yeah I threw a fit. I actually do think that if they do stay we won’t have paid overs for either of them. Which is why I think it’s most likely we’ll lose one.

Unfortunate; but most likely right. Moses is coming into his final big contract. As you said - unless we recruit his old man, it is likely Moses will not be at Parra post 2023.

parra pete

Referee
Still coming down from the GF loss. Have I missed anything?
No not really. It continues..the normal baloney that the NRL rules have fans worrying about ---not next season----but the one after that. Can't they see the damage it is doing?
The competition really has NO RELEVANCE ---just best accountant v the next best accountant..
Beats me how the NRL can 'con' people to attend games...and how they can get people to purchase merchandise, and keep pouring money into the game.
It has become a competition of 'exhibition matches'.
I am very disillusioned with the whole set-up.....VERY.
BTW - how much money does it take to make someone happy?

Latest posts