What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 1 *31st May*

the phantom menace

First Grade
The last thing we need is more of our players eligible for possible selection, and injury...

Although realistically the only one that might be in the running would be Dylan Borwn - along with Junior Paulo and Regan Campbell-Gillard if they're selected (now being another year older). I'd say Matterson must be on the nose, if he only had a sniff of the bench in game one and then disappeared?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I am actually going to Adelaide for game 1 with some mates to make it a 3-4 day trip away.

Got return flights for $360 from Sydney to Adelaide.

$180 at 8am flights on game day with Qantas is a bargain. I reckon they will be $400-500 early next year.

Never been to Adelaide so origin has given me the excuse to go there.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I am actually going to Adelaide for game 1 with some mates to make it a 3-4 day trip away.

$180 at 8am flights on game day with Qantas is a bargain. I reckon they will be $400-500 early next year.

I went there once as a kid on summer holidays, I dunno maybe 7 or 8 y/o. The only thing I remember from the trip was we were swimming at a beach that had a sandbar just off shore that made it still like a pool, and nek minute a floater the size of Jaws floated by.

Shit holiday.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I went there once as a kid on summer holidays, I dunno maybe 7 or 8 y/o. The only thing I remember from the trip was we were swimming at a beach that had a sandbar just off shore that made it still like a pool, and nek minute a floater the size of Jaws floated by.

Shit holiday.
That sounds pretty good for a trip to Sadelaide.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I like Adelaide, you will enjoy it .Flat city (in terms of the terrain) Been a couple of times on Australia day for ODIs. Though never been recently with the new revamped stands and new ones added

You will see the best and variety of catering literally just outside Adelaide oval. Have a feed there. Its great. *Though I am sssuming it will be a similar set up for Origin as is for the cricket?

If you have some time and want to do something different, Haigs chocolate factory tour is pretty good (I think you still need to book online and it s free). They give you a few free samples, and a good tour into the making of them (and a good speel on why they will never go into a chain like Coles/Woolies). The Himenji (japanese) garden is a lovely stroll. near Haigs, not overly big but a nice calm and peacefull place to be
Some good pubs/bars on Glenelg beach. Take the free tram ride directly there from the CBD and check it out. I found quite a few souvenir shops in Glenelg, if thats your thing..

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
State of Origin is fast becoming the the biggest pain in the ass in rugby league IMO. So much bullshit attention over 3 games of footy....
It is purely a money-making exercise that completely disrupts the real football competition. Three over-hyped exhibition games.

Gronk

Staff member
Nicho Hynes is the form player of the NRL by a mile. He has to start and play 80m. So who does he replace ?

He can play 6 and replace the grub from Pennys. Or he plays 7 so he can run the team, but who plays 6 ?

If he plays 6, will he have enough involvement?

Playing him at 14 is a waste.

Run at me.

Noise

Coach
Nicho Hynes is the form player of the NRL by a mile. He has to start and play 80m. So who does he replace ?

He can play 6 and replace the grub from Pennys. Or he plays 7 so he can run the team, but who plays 6 ?

Run at me.
Cleary is first picked after Tedesco. He will be 7. Hynes should be 6. But they will pick Luai.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Run at me.
I’d play him at 6 with Cleary at 7. They both tend to defend on the right but I have no doubt Cleary would be more than capable on the left. In attack they both tend to float on either side anyway. That would be an incredible halves pairing, but it won’t happen.

Latest posts