What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Farts Memories & Discussions

Tigerm

First Grade
I am younger than the mountains, but older than the trees.

Love the WT’s, caravanning , music and the misses & kids (of course), in case they read this, maybe or maybe not necessarily in this order😉

Mojo

Bench
I am younger than the mountains, but older than the trees.

Love the WT’s, caravanning , music and the misses & kids (of course), in case they read this, maybe or maybe not necessarily in this order😉
I'm older than the mountains and most trees too

Ned Kelly

Juniors
This thread is a brilliant idea. Somewhere safe for us to go away from those young whipper snippers with their aggressive foul mouthed comments.
See? What I just said confirms I'm an old fart.
I dunno, something about this thread feels like a comfortable old arm chair already.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The Lone Ranger had Tonto but I think The Samuai topped that with Tombay the Mist.
Loved it when they would walk into a room with the Eager Ninja's up in the ceiling and react by saying " Huh, What's this?"

Mojo

Bench
The Lone Ranger had Tonto but I think The Samuai topped that with Tombay the Mist.
Loved it when they would walk into a room with the Eager Ninja's up in the ceiling and react by saying " Huh, What's this?"
Tarzan, king of the jungle. Boy, and Jane, always trying to teach him English words (when he would have only ever had one thought in his head when she was around). Thick as two short planks.

The Rosco

Bench
See, I was going to join in this chat with the more distinguished ( not extinguished ) of us . . . . but it seems that you blokes are really old. Unlike me, having only received his seniors card just a few short months ago. :)
I never did get into the lone ranger type shows . . . probably more the cartoons. Maybe a reduced attention span because of all the animation ? But Top Cat ruled.
Our childhoods were different, and I think so much better.
These wokeys of today don't even know what a slug gun is, let alone how to shoot it.
They don't know the joys of a 2c scollop, a 5c bag of hot chips or a 35c hamburger.
Or the unknown dangers of consuming whatever you wanted before driving, and next to no chance of being caught( don't drink and drive, kids )
Or going fishing and actually coming home with fish without being hounded by some soy/vegan/animal rights activist hippy chained to the boat ramp cleaning tables.
Or seeing a map of Tasmania. And not the one that shows where all the nasty big corporation logging and dam building is taking place. The fun one.
Or going to the drive in. And feeling a map of Tasmania.
All the fun shit.
They don't get 2 free donuts with their coffee from the good people at Donut King, do they ? NO.
As the saying used to go: " suck on that "

Last edited:
The players you blokes have had, Provan, Gasner, Smith and Raper instantly come to mind.

For us, Beetson, Provan, Bolton & Leo (to many to name them all) are still embedded.
Keith Barnes, can remember his last game at Leichhardt.

I can remember when Leichhardt Oval ran east/west.
When Pratten Park was the home of the Magpies

Das Hassler

Bench
Friday nights...Bonanza and "Sing along with Mitch"
And a tip for the youngnz of today...if we needed some money we didn't bug our hardworking parents...we made our own after school by going out and robbing a hardworking paperboy !

Just kidding :)

Tigerm

First Grade
See, I was going to join in this chat with the more distinguished ( not extinguished ) of us . . . . but it seems that you blokes are really old. Unlike me, having only received his seniors card just a few short months ago. :)
I never did get into the lone ranger type shows . . . probably more the cartoons. Maybe a reduced attention span because of all the animation ? But Top Cat ruled.
Our childhoods were different, and I think so much better.
These wokeys of today don't even know what a slug gun is, let alone how to shoot it.
They don't know the joys of a 2c scollop, a 5c bag of hot chips or a 35c hamburger.
Or the unknown dangers of consuming whatever you wanted before driving, and next to no chance of being caught( don't drink and drive, kids )
Or going fishing and actually coming home with fish without being hounded by some soy/vegan/animal rights activist hippy chained to the boat ramp cleaning tables.
Or seeing a map of Tasmania. And not the one that shows where all the nasty big corporation logging and dam building is taking place. The fun one.
Or going to the drive in. And feeling a map of Tasmania.
All the fun shit.
They don't get 2 free donuts with their coffee from the good people at Donut King, do they ? NO.
As the saying used to go: " suck on that "
I thought the Bugs Bunny show would be your go, with Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Foghorn (of course) and the many others🐰🦆🐔🐷🐔😂

Last edited: