What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Matterson on the out boys.
Rumblings🤫
In 4 years since he returned matto hasn't lived up to his contract.

2020 - slight pass mark was dissapointing though in the semis that season I recall the semi against Souths he was ordinary.

2021 - Below average didn't help kaufusi knocked him out for half a season. Copped a 4 match suspension as well for a high tackle on that Manly red-head and wasn't picked despite being available for the semis that season.

2022 - Playing for a contract matto found another level played state of origin got a contract extension. Was pretty good come finals time but let everyone down after the GF.

2023 - Less said the better

I reckon out of all that we have got 1 quality season out of matto in 4 seasons. The rest have been below par or average.

lucablight

First Grade
No shit. I’ve heard the word ‘Princess’ used to describe him.
Rumblings on these forums or in the real world?
In 4 years since he returned matto hasn't lived up to his contract.

2020 - slight pass mark was dissapointing though in the semis that season I recall the semi against Souths he was ordinary.

2021 - Below average didn't help kaufusi knocked him out for half a season. Copped a 4 match suspension as well for a high tackle on that Manly red-head and wasn't picked despite being available for the semis that season.

2022 - Playing for a contract matto found another level played state of origin got a contract extension. Was pretty good come finals time but let everyone down after the GF.

2023 - Less said the better

I reckon out of all that we have got 1 quality season out of matto in 4 seasons. The rest have been below par or average.
Seems unlikely to have any legs based on the posters history.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Thats my point. Full load. Who here is genuinely excited by Cotric FFS! Couldn't hold down a spot in a last place Dogs team.

What's your point? If we got him now the Raiders have already been paying him since November and because he's terrible and no one wants him there would be very few if any bidders and we'd be signing him as depth so he wouldn't cost much.

No one would be excited by Cotric, if he was signed by the club on low money neither would the club.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Out of all them you disagree with one?
Why? As he’s super cheap and I’m nominating to be a very solid first grade centre this year. Big, fast, strong, and heaps of tattoos which is a must.

Yes. Because the rest I agree with but they'd all be on 600k or more and do we have that cap space to spend on a centre? I also thought we were looking for someone better than a solid first grade centre, hence why you listed those other players who are the better players in their current teams, to get them here we'd likely have to pay 800k or more.

Would Xerri be cheap then if he's big, fast and strong? I remember him having those traits but I also remember him having terrible handling and he was on the gear. May have been the reason why he was big, fast and strong.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Parramatta Eels

The Eels have played finals in six of the past eight seasons, including a trip to the grand final where they ran into the 2022 Panthers who were one of the greatest teams of the modern era.

Brad Arthur boasts one of the best halves combinations in the NRL with representative stars Mitchell Moses and Dylan Brown pulling the strings.

Parramatta endured plenty of bad luck and distractions last year, with everything from injuries to prolonged contract negotiations to suspensions for incidents both on and off the field.

It started with the Ryan Matterson suspension fiasco before gun backrower Shaun Lane copped a series of injuries that restricted him to just a handful of games.

Dylan Brown earning himself a five-match ban for a drunken incident certainly didn’t help the cause and several more of the Eels’ best players were unavailable through the Origin period.

But despite all that they still finished just one win outside the top eight and are primed for a return to finals football in 2024 if they can keep their best players on the park.

84 Baby

Referee

Delboy

First Grade
Got us to the Grand Final two years ago....
That’s true, and it was startlingly obvious that the team needed an upgrade in the 3/4 line to make the next step, despite supposedly talking to a few decent players , nothing. The coach made it plain that he would welcome an X factor.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Lol “the three teams we predict to return to finals are Manly, Parra & Souths!”
Same article predicted ladder
Souths 5th
Manly 6th
Parra 9th
They have swapped it around and edited the article. Have us at 8th again.

Lets get the champagne corks out were playing finals.

1709589851452.png

Avenger

Immortal
More of an upside in Lomax. Savage reminds me of Waqa Blake....
I agree but at triple the price. Lomax is reportedly on $750k per year. I’d only consider if the Saints were tipping in a 1/3 and we give them Matterson at full freight. Win/win for both teams. I think Matterson is on close to $600k.

Hopgood is going to command $750k if he makes Origin this year and we will need the extra $$ for his upgrade.

Glenneel

Bench
Savage? Really? He has regressed something chronic after showing decent potential in 2022. He is quick but has issues under the high ball....

I feel there are much better options available if the club are able to pick someone up.
Reading between the lines think Parra are relying on the young blokes coming thru this year and next to form the nucleus of the team. Think 9 juniors trained with team this preseason so assume most of those will be in top 30 next year. Think 9 slots are available in top 30 for next year atm.