What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best full back ever

Sage63

Juniors
So, what does everyone on this forum think Sloane needs to do, to become, potentially, the best full back ever, for the Dragons?
And is that feasible?

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Play 13 years in the top grade excelling every year; winning every award available; Captain coach the State and Country 3 Kangaroo Tours; 2 world cups; score the best try that never was; develop the greatest partnership with his halfback; single handedly win countless games; play injured and excel; become the highest point scorer and become the greatest attacking and sublime defending fullback in the game……should get him there…..

chewbacca

Juniors
I
Play 13 years in the top grade excelling every year; winning every award available; Captain coach the State and Country 3 Kangaroo Tours; 2 world cups; score the best try that never was; develop the greatest partnership with his halfback; single handedly win countless games; play injured and excel; become the highest point scorer and become the greatest attacking and sublime defending fullback in the game……should get him and Adam Quinlan.

Or Lord Ted or Brian Johnson
Forget those legends, I just want him to be better than Adam Quinlan and Dean Raper..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Sloan still has years ahead of him so can easily be a great centre which we will love. I see him similar to Luke Patten. I was not that keen on him early but he sort of grew on me then went to the Dogs and they loved him there. He held his position at the Dogs for years to come. Only to become an official and disallow as many tries as he could when in the box looking after Saints games. The best was a try Lomax scored out wide which was called forward by Patten. At the time you could not rule on forward passes and even the commentators were shocked as the ball clearly looked like a great cut out pass out wide to Lomax. Luckily it did not cost them the game and Patten was spared the embarrassment.

kit66

Bench
Get Billy Slater in to train him up a bit, apparently Billy's willing to do it. Slater is probably the best fullback I've witnessed in my lifetime after Changa, so if he's available you'd be mad not to get him in for a few sessions with Sloan.

"The best fullback ever" - Pretty tough benchmark to set for young Sloane.
Sloane doesn't need to be the best fullback ever to play for Dragons.
Like every other player wearing the RED V, he needs to be the absolute best version of himself.
He reminds me so much of David Peachy.
If the best version of Sloane mirrors Peachy on field, then I reckon we'd all be thrilled.

Last edited: