What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Souths v Sharks at Homebush has never been a high drawing game, same Eels v Cowboys at Parramatta has never packed them in at any time over the past 20 years. Considering both the home teams are having a less than average start to the season, I'm not sure why people are suddenly expecting these games to suddenly packing them in.

I know we would all love for every game to get 20K+, and for us to enjoy another big jump in crowds this year like we enjoyed last year, however the reality is as a sport, we have sat around the 15K-16K average mark for the past 2 decades, it's going to take a number of factors for us to repeat what we got last year (19.6K average) let alone grow.

For these lower drawing games, if we can at least stay static, or slightly grow, that will make the goal of having another big year of crowds more achievable.

For context the last 3 Rabbitohs v Cronulla game at Accor drew:
2020: 6,235
2018: 10,410
2016: 7,588

nko11

Juniors
Plus the exciting talents of Bula, Galvin and of course Api.
We’ve been bled dry but there definitely is a light at the end of the tunnel
If they can get Galvin and Bula onto long term deals and blood another young hooker. They will be well on the way to make up for the Tedesco, Moses, Papenhuyzen, Addo-Carr era that they missed out on. Exciting times for the Tigs over the next 5 years if they do it right. Will be a great time to push for a stadium solution, like we've seen with the Panthers and Cowboys.

Last edited:
If they can get Galvin and Bula onto long term deals and blood another young hooker. They will be well on the way to make up for the Tedesco, Moses, Papenhuyzen, Addo-Carr era that they missed out on. Exciting times for the Tigs over the next 5 years if they do it right. Will be a great time to push for a stadium solution, like we've seen with the Panthers and Cowboys.
Liverpool is just too close to Parra and Commbank to be able to justify another Comm bank style stadium, Campbelltown is another matter altogether though. A stadium there would just about round out the western Sydney stadium situation.

Wb1234

Referee
Liverpool is just too close to Parra and Commbank to be able to justify another Comm bank style stadium, Campbelltown is another matter altogether though. A stadium there would just about round out the western Sydney stadium situation.
No it’s not

lmao

it’s basically the same distance away as Penrith

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Show your stripes? So they're encouraged fans not to wear the teams jerseys?

Good to see a sellout though, now all that is needed is a win to get those fans coming back.

nko11

Juniors
The way I see it, the Tigers realistically have 3 options longterm:
* (12 games) Campbelltown Redevlopment - State government funding relying on all games moved there. Helped by Macarthur FC in the Aleague.

* (11/12 games) Accor Stadium Redevelopment - State Government funding. With a 40k club mode and a bit lobbying to get the Campbelltown to Parramatta Metro built earlier.

* (12 games) Liverpool stadium - Privately funded with the Bulldogs - State government won't fund a new stadium to have both tennants move out of an exisiting stadium they own.

Unfortunately I can't see Liechhardt getting funding, outside of small things like change room upgrades. The bigger upgrades the Tigers need, aren't really neccesary for the other tennants. It's never going to have more than 6 games a year there and strategically for the Tigers it shouldn't.

yobbo84

First Grade
Regardless of how little they brought last night, it's not the sharks responsibility to draw Souths a respectable crowd. If you listen to Souths fans, they are the most popular sporting club on the planet so should have more than enough to draw 15k plus against any opponent
If only there was a brand new state-of-the-art stadium in our area we could play out of to help get our fans to games....

Steel Saints

Juniors
The way I see it, the Tigers realistically have 3 options longterm:
* (12 games) Campbelltown Redevlopment - State government funding relying on all games moved there. Helped by Macarthur FC in the Aleague.

* (11/12 games) Accor Stadium Redevelopment - State Government funding. With a 40k club mode and a bit lobbying to get the Campbelltown to Parramatta Metro built earlier.

* (12 games) Liverpool stadium - Privately funded with the Bulldogs - State government won't fund a new stadium to have both tennants move out of an exisiting stadium they own.

Unfortunately I can't see Liechhardt getting funding, outside of small things like change room upgrades. The bigger upgrades the Tigers need, aren't really neccesary for the other tennants. It's never going to have more than 6 games a year there and strategically for the Tigers it shouldn't.

Another option is six games at Accor and six at Campbelltown. You do make a good point about Liverpool.
Canterbury needs to have discussions or ongoing discussions about the future of Accor with the state gov. Will there be a roof? Will it get demolished? Will it get redeveloped? etc.

At least Canterbury will know what the future looks like for Accor, and that would determine if they push for a stadium
at Liverpool

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Another option is six games at Accor and six at Campbelltown. You do make a good point about Liverpool.
Canterbury needs to have discussions or ongoing discussions about the future of Accor with the state gov. Will there be a roof? Will it get demolished? Will it get redeveloped? etc.

At least Canterbury will know what the future looks like for Accor, and that would determine if they push for a stadium
at Liverpool
I’d be looking at CommBank for 5 or 6 games rather than Accor.
5or 6 at C’town and 1 or 2 Heritage games at Leichhardt.

RedVee

First Grade
C’town sellout was announced in the footy show as well.
I’ll be watching my Saints on TV then.

Latest posts