What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Interesting to note that it would appear that engagement in WA is marginally higher than Victoria and that`s without an NRL Team.
If what Victoria achieve what you get when you have one NRL team, then you could probably double what WA presently get without one.

Wb1234

Referee

Nz viewership up 47 percent for all nrl games compared to the same time last year

Warriors viewership up 74 percent ytd in nz

wow stunning.

sky nz is going to be begging for another nrl side to grow their business

Nz viewership up 47 percent for all nrl games compared to the same time last year

wow stunning.

Without being given whole numbers we can only speculate but given that Warriors` and NRL viewing numbers had already shown strong growth last year on historical levels, probably reflected in the strong google search info posted by @docbrown over the last couple of days. So, to have large increases again this year would seem very positive.

It would seem that Sky`s confidence in showing NRL live on prime-time FTA Friday nights has been vindicated.

taste2taste

Juniors
I've noticed in 9 now latest update the main channel starts automatically playing as soon as you open the app.

Will be interesting to see if 9's reach has a 1000% increase next week lol

Billythekid

First Grade

kayo

rugby league eight out of top ten programs

14 out of top 20

afl one out of top ten

7 out of top 20

Lmao foxsports got a lemon
Pretty clear cut dominance there.

wow stunning.

This is a big part of why NZ2 is so important. If the warriors aren't going well (and let's be real they often aren't) that greatly hurts RL in NZ on the whole. International footy is unfortunately still mostly irrelevant and so we're basically reliant on this one club being successful for RL in NZ to be firing. That's before you get into things like adding a rivalry for the club.

I'm not saying they should be next but getting a second team in NZ is very important.

docbrown

Coach
Pretty clear cut dominance there.

This is a big part of why NZ2 is so important. If the warriors aren't going well (and let's be real they often aren't) that greatly hurts RL in NZ on the whole. International footy is unfortunately still mostly irrelevant and so we're basically reliant on this one club being successful for RL in NZ to be firing. That's before you get into things like adding a rivalry for the club.

I'm not saying they should be next but getting a second team in NZ is very important.
1713414424241.png
1713414449341.png
You can look at last year. From July to September the 'NRL' was on par with the All Blacks i.e. the interest level was similar. The All Blacks dominate October after the NRL ends but the NRL is consistent with its interest levels from March/April to the grand final, hence why over the year as a whole the NRL beats the All Blacks.

Also the biggest spike for the Warriors was almost as high as the biggest spike for the All Blacks.

If you note the drift between the NRL and Warriors searches, clearly there's a decent chunk of NRL fans in NZ who aren't actually Warriors fans but still like NRL. Seems like ripe pickings for a second team to me...

Latest posts