What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have the Broncos signed Motu Tony????

chileman

Coach
A mate of mine living in NZ has just emailed me saying they announced it on the radio over there....never one to believe anything from the press but can this be confirmed?

Blade

Juniors
According to SouthernWarrior on THIS thread over at the Broncos forum, it's true.

...but, as salivor said, I'm yet to see any media release also.

salivor

First Grade
Its confirmed, right from the mouth of Tony himself. He says that Bennett will give him a crack at the number 6 which to me screams out trouble. What I read into that is that Berrigan is keeping the number 7 next year which is unbelievable. Seymour has to play halfback.
I'd rank Berrigan, Maguire and Seymour all before Tony so it leaves him a spot on the bench.

Alan Shore

First Grade
He's worse than Ikin!

Wayne Bennett, I respect you, but it looks like you're losing it. Retire now before you embarass yourself.

Once Dead

Bench
Tamazoid said:
He's worse than Ikin!

Wayne Bennett, I respect you, but it looks like you're losing it. Retire now before you embarass yourself.

Wayne may not like to chat but he isn't stupid........he's got a plan B

salivor

First Grade
Tamazoid your the fool here. The Broncos would be stupid to go into 2004 with Berrigan, Seymour and Maguire as our only halves. We've had a terrible track record with injuries in those positions in recent years. We didn't have the money under the cap to splash out on a quality halfback or 5/8 and Tony is about as good as it gets on the market at the moment.

Kiwi

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Motu Tony is crap!!!!.......what a waste of good money!!!

this coming from an eels fan...Green and Dykes ring any bells? No how about Kusto?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Kiwi said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Motu Tony is crap!!!!.......what a waste of good money!!!

this coming from an eels fan...Green and Dykes ring any bells? No how about Kusto?

And your point is???......if anything it say's that i've seen the crap so i know how to identify........as i said earlier Motu Tony is crap!!!.....what a waste of good money!!!,

Oh and i forgot Dykes is a former Daily M 5/8 of the year & Green is a former Rothams medal winer.....he hasn't played much this year due to a horrific Facial injury & Dykes has had massive knee & Shoulder problems at Parra.....atleast when fit they can play the game!!!

JoeD

First Grade
I don't really rate Motu as a 5/8 but IMO his best games for the warriors has been as a full back. Maybe Bennet sees him as cover if/when Lockyer gets injured again.

ozbash

Referee
motu aint crap, motu is a class act waiting to get the right coach,the right team,the right environment and for some coach to concentrate on developing him into either a spec 5/8 or fullback.

he has the potential to be nz,s next henry paul but he has to strike the right combination.

good luck to him up in brissy but i think he has made the wrong move. he shoulda gone to the ESL.

salivor

First Grade
I don't think its a bad move at all ozbash. Hes not guaranteed the game time at Brisbane that he could get in the ESL but its just a one year deal. The Broncos don't have established halves and theres real competition for places.
He said it himself that to play for Brisbane and under Wayne Bennett is an opportunity he couldn't turn down. A year in that environment will do him good. He'll probably be a bench player but at least he has the option that if it goes well he can cement a career with a very successful NRL side or if it doesn't he can then try his hand at the ESL.

ozbash

Referee
you,re probably right, i always fancied motu at bradford with the rest of the boys..
bennet is a great coach so anything he can pick up will be good.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im not sure about this signing, some times players look like they dont know whats happening, Tony is in this state the majority of the time!

I hope bennett can get the best out of him because currnetly it seems like a waste of perfectly good money

Anonymous

Juniors
Motu Tony is a good player, he has all the skills you could ever want in a 5/8th or fullback. A few simpletons don't like him because he runs sideways (when there is nothing doing) to look for a gap (which he often finds) instead of pointlessly submitting in a tackle.

Latest posts