What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Anyone know the stats on how many players have won consecutive Grand Finals with different clubs?

If the Cowboys win next week, Thurston would join a fairly elite club, I'd imagine.

aussies1st

Staff member
If only we could see Thurston move to a side like the bunnys and see if he can get them to the Grand finals. :D

Canterbury

Juniors
Thurston is the difference - has taken the cowboys one game better then what they were last year.

I'd love to see him win back to back comps.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It would be the stuff of Legend, especially with the Dally M win proving how important he is to his team's efforts.

Canterbury

Juniors
imagine in a space of two years:

back to back premierships, dally m medal, clive churchill medal, playing for your state and playing for your country

the only thing left for him to accomplish would be a world club challenge.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Harry Bath won 'consecutive' Sydney Grand Finals with Balmain (1946-47) and St George (1957-59). They were years apart but he wasn't in the country for the years in between, so they were consecutive premierships for him.
Sort of like a hat trick over two innings.
He also won the UK comp with Warrington.

MG, off the top of my head I don't know of a player who fits the bill exactly. But in 97 years of competition, you'd have to think there'd be at least one other.

Paul's RL tables might know.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Channel 9 said he would be the first to do it in 30 years, however.. 30 years ago was 1975.. The Roosters won that Grand Final.. As the Roosters won also in 1974, I am not sure how it is possible..

Saint 60

Juniors
Steve Edge won with Saints in 77 and 79
then won with Parramatta in 81 to 84 from memmory

best i can do - sos

kickback

Juniors
71-72 season in the Courier-mail last wednessday or thursday, by David Middleton>

2 players moved from souths to manly>> check the dates but im pretty sure

nqboy

First Grade
Johnny Mayes was another, not sure what years or clubs. And I think I read there was one other but can't remember the name.