What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters too fit for Raiders

lil ripsta

The Roosters have just beaten the Canberra Raiders again this year,this time at Bruce Stadium.
I think fitness proved the difference with the game going try for try until the second half when the Roosters pulled away with tries to Wingy and Mini.
Craig Fitzgibbon made a timely return with his work rate and goalkicking skills.
The Roosters now take on the NewCastle Knights who came away with a win against the NQ cowboys.
I think if we beat the Knights we should win the grand final.

Dougie

Juniors
We should, with all players on deck, be able to account for a Joeyless Knights next week, but i dont know about "winning the premiership", remember, the premiership isnt won in September.... ;-) (its won in October :p )

ozzie

Bench
A great game - i enjoyed it thoroughly - it was a shame that at one stage Canberra had two halfbacks off the field - especially McLinden, he troubled us all game.

The crowd support for the Roosters was tremendous - it was even mentioned by the radio commentators and the atmosphere in Bay 26 was just the best.

The chants was going between both sets of supporters and it was about even in entensity - but it was all in good fun..a great day had by myself.

Canberra had to pull all stops out to beat our reggies...a try in the last minute of play game of the game to worthy Minor premiers Canberra, I hope they go all the way.

Anyway a great game - and even though the dodgy calls were 50/50 I think the ref was right on most of them - especially the Walker try - from where I was stting it looked forward for all money - a shame because it could have been the rod that broke the Raiders back.

Two great tries by our backs were worth the entry fee alone.

Fair dinkum Canberra carry a liability in every game they go into and its called Smith - i have nver seen a worse player play first grade..god how come the Raiders don't Cross?? before that loser has me beaten...

The Backpacker

Juniors
Mate, the rooster chant came through loud and clear on the tv. Was having heart palpitations in the first half but the second was much more settled. Young Morley seemed to be getting back some of last years finals intensity and Freddy didn't seem as much as a liability as he was last week.

How'd you see it?

ozzie

Bench
Fittler went to the left hand side of the gamein defence early in the second half...

Morely could go on report don't know but some of his hits were bell ringers...

Fizty - well what do you say about a whole hearted player. The goal kick from the sideline was the straw that killed Canberra...

I would like to see one try on replay - but i wouldnd't get too upset about it was the try from Mogg off the kick - it looked like he was waiting off side for the kick - but honestly why complain - when you win we can grin..a fabulous game - don't know what it looked like on tv but it was tough hard and fast . Early in the seond half I had my heart in my mouth for about 10 to fifteen minutes when the Raiders were inside out 40 metre and how many times last minute tackles kept them out I lost count.

When that storm was weathered it looked like the Raiders ran out of puff but they did have a player on the bench who couldn't come back (Drew) because i believe he did a hammy or a leg injury anyways - don't know how he will be for the semis.

I wasn't overly impressed with one thing - bay 26 is cold and I left my blanket in the car.

The reggies game 76 points scored - fair dinkum I was up and down off my seat more times than a pro's pair of knickers.

The Backpacker

Juniors
I thought Fittler was struggling defensively throughout the game but was a hell of alot more effective on attack than he was last week. Who was MOM?

Have just watched the NQLD v Knights game and am about to press play on the Roosters game. Always enjoy watching it more the second time. Have to admit, I was only in VF during the first half. By the second I was more confident of a victory. Nothing against the Raiders though. They played well first half and it should be a good game v Melbourne who are the dark horses this year IMO.

Great to see Fitzy back and see he hasn't lost the homing beacon on his goal kicks. What a relief having a recognised goal kicker for the finals.

ozzie

Bench
Mate i don't know - the team played well - Croker went well - Fitzy, Minni but Wing certainly worried them all day with his pace - I'd give it too him. He also pulled off some crakcer defence

PS: Don't tell the bird haters but Finch didn't do much wrong today either - i don't know who didn't kick the ball out int he first half of the penalty - but i reckon the paint would have been ruinnng off the dressing shed wall..

roostergirl

Juniors
What a game!!!!! I am sooo stoked!!!!

Pretty nerveracking with the close scoreline throughout the game....but WE WON!!!!

The team started to gather momentum & looked great in the 2nd half. It was good that Fitzy played that game...get his confidence up before the semis & what a kick!!!

But what to do with Freddy?? Newcastle were pretty ordinary today and we should be able to beat them. Freddy's shoulder is obviously a lot worse than than it's being made out. We can't risk not playing him as the team seems to rely on his presence & we need to beat Newie to ensure that he doesn't have to play week 2. Maybe Freddy could start off the bench & if we look to struggle...bring him on????

The Backpacker

Juniors
Yeah poor old Budgie was only a few metres from the sideline when he didn't find touch. :oops:

I see they've found a way to counteract Walkers defensive deficiencies. He just doesn't make any tackles. :evil:

Had to laugh at one stage in the first half the ball was kicked through and he could have picked it up before Minie - but he pointed to Minnie and was telling him it was his - SPLAT - poor Minnie - then he moved to the second receiver...although he did make one good run which would have led to a tray if not for a very big forward pass..

ball boy

Bench
yeah it was great game and thankyou everyone for turnning up the sound on the ground was really good and these 2 teams deserve a crowd like they got today

glamour_eel

Juniors
Go you good things for the finals, your the only team in the 8 who wouldn't make me physically sick to see win the Premiership. So yah go roosters for the next 4 weeks

The Backpacker

Juniors
The Backpacker said:
Had to laugh at one stage in the first half the ball was kicked through and he could have picked it up before Minie - but he pointed to Minnie and was telling him it was his - SPLAT - poor Minnie - then he moved to the second receiver...although he did make one good run which would have led to a tray if not for a very big forward pass..

WTF???? You been hitting that edit button again ozzie??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballboy, the crowd sounded great. From both camps. Would've loved to have been there.

Welcome to the dark side Glamour Eel. ;-) :lol:

We were never gonna bother your guys defense in the second half without McLinden, Drew & Mick Monas. Add to that Croker being out and thats our first choice 4 halves. I just pray that at least 2 of them are fit for next week, or we're stuffed.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the roosters played very well, i was impressed with how canberra played without their top 4 choice half-backs... i think if macca had of stayed on we may have ahad a different story, he had them guessing with every run. But alas injuries deprived the raiders in saying that full credit to the roosters they were the better team on the day... i look forward to our next encounter

and you know what they "3rd time is the charm ;-) "
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ozzie

Bench
DaleyIsGod said:
We were never gonna bother your guys defense in the second half without McLinden, Drew & Mick Monas. Add to that Croker being out and thats our first choice 4 halves. I just pray that at least 2 of them are fit for next week, or we're stuffed.

yeah I agree - it is tough when your play makers are off the field and it showed..but take nothing away from both sides a game worth watching..see ya in the semis and good luck for the rest of the year - well not too much good luck

Latest posts