What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14,094 for a home final?

cheese said:
.........it looked more like 9000

It did to. :oops:

It hailed as we we at Parlement house and we were very confident we'd win. :D :) :p (we need divine intervention while the NRL neglecs us)

Very disapointed with the crowd ,(although most of the dudes where alright people),,,,I reckon we'd get more in Melbourne OP.

Imagein a worriors Storm (grand) final . :roll: :roll: :roll:

storm007

Juniors
The Storm supporters appeared to be more vocal than the Raiders supporters even in the first 20 mins. :D

9_degrees

Juniors
bucko said:
Apparently they pre-sold over 20 000 tickets for this game, so I think the weather must have played a large part in the crowd.

There were 14,000 tickets presold they expected 20,000 with walk up ticket purchases but the storm that hit canberra just before the game ment that only the diehards with their tickets already showed up

9_degrees

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Sorry to be so frank, but both the Bulldogs and Raiders should be disgusted with their efforts regarding the crowd.

i agree but the raiders have been trying very hard to build the crowd, its alot more complex than you think especially with a very successfull rugby union team in town.

Once Dead

Bench
UndertakerMike said:
cheese said:
.........it looked more like 9000

It did to. :oops:

It hailed as we we at Parlement house and we were very confident we'd win. :D :) :p (we need divine intervention while the NRL neglecs us)

Very disapointed with the crowd ,(although most of the dudes where alright people),,,,I reckon we'd get more in Melbourne OP.

Imagein a worriors Storm (grand) final . :roll: :roll: :roll:

Melbourne Storm - the Broncos of the late 80s and 90s when it comes to conspiracy theories that the governing body supposedly has against them......lol

I'd love to see a Melbourne and Warriors grand final too......lol.....just so i could listen to the conspiracy theories of all those non NSW team supporters cry about the injustice of it being held in Sydney......lol

I'd love to see the look on Ribot's face when Melbourne lose it too.....pure revenge

Canterbury

Juniors
Team canberra raiders deserved the home semi' but the fans did not.

Broncos should of played at home.. Broncs v Penrith SEMI FINAL.. IMAGINE THAT!

meh it's over over.

Parraren

Bench
Canterbury said:

meh it's over over.

Perfect example of why you should not post when under the influence of alcohol. :lol: Still drowning your sorrows ay Canterbury? ;-)

Dogs Of War

Coach
The showground only holds 22,000, so getting 18,500 to one of the worst venues in the competition was great, the atmosphere was incredible unitl the warriors started to run away with the game. The dogs have had good crowds for nearly every game this year but some of you have the hide to suggest that it was pathetic crowd. Considering NZ is overseas and their supporters did not make up a large porportion of the crowd, it was a quite good turnout. Personally I never want to see the showground again, but what can you do?

Canterbury

Juniors
Parraren said:
Canterbury said:

meh it's over over.

Perfect example of why you should not post when under the influence of alcohol. :lol: Still drowning your sorrows ay Canterbury? ;-)

Hey do you have semi final tickets to your teams semi final this week?

OH THATS RIGHT THEY AREN'T IN THE SEMIS!!! :lol:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Dogs Of War said:
The showground only holds 22,000, so getting 18,500 to one of the worst venues in the competition was great, the atmosphere was incredible unitl the warriors started to run away with the game. The dogs have had good crowds for nearly every game this year but some of you have the hide to suggest that it was pathetic crowd. Considering NZ is overseas and their supporters did not make up a large porportion of the crowd, it was a quite good turnout. Personally I never want to see the showground again, but what can you do?

Come on - it is THE worst!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Canterbury said:
Parraren said:
Canterbury said:

meh it's over over.

Atleast we have won a semi final this century :lol: :lol:

And besides i'd rather we weren't there if we where to have close to 50 put on us by the 6th ranked team

48-22 :lol: :lol:

Canterbury

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Canterbury said:
Parraren said:
Canterbury said:

meh it's over over.

And besides i'd rather we weren't there if we where to have close to 50 put on us by the 6th ranked team

Parramatta finished: 9th
Canterbury finished: 6th at worst, as it stands. Possibly 1st.

enough said

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Canterbury said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Canterbury said:
Parraren said:
Canterbury said:

meh it's over over.

Parramatta finished: 9th
Canterbury finished: 6th at worst, as it stands. Possibly 1st.

enough said

Parramatta salary cap in 2002 = 3.25 million

Canterbury salary cap in 2002 = 4.25 million

Enough said :lol: :lol:

Canterbury

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
But isn't it 2003 fellas?

You know parramatta - they can't win an arguement talking about TODAY so they have to go back years and years and *yawn*

I ask about their semi final tickets and i get told about 1972. typical.

Raider_69

Post Whore
slippery eel said:
Canberra is full of yuppies!. That's why the Brumbies attract better crowds.

Add a "most" infront of that and you have your answer.... MOST canberra people are bad wagon jumpers, we know that, canberra fans are the first to admitt it and as you alluded to that is why the brumbies get big crowds.... However not all are yuppies, i know quite a few dedicated Raiders fans out Canberra way

If we can string together a few good seasons ala early 90's the people of canberra will get behind us again.....

of corse only to jump off once we start losing agian.....

greeneyed

First Grade
From 5.30pm on, there was a massive hail and rainstorm. This is when most of the "walkups" would have been getting in their cars to come to the ground. Premier League was played in appalling conditions. It would be good to have had more, but in the conditions, it is not surprising.

It is also incorrect to suggest that there weren't 14,000 there. The covered parts of the grandstands hold heaps of people, but it is hard to see them on TV because of the position of the cameras; you can only see the open part of the concourse.

It is also incorrect to suggest there was more Melbourne support at the ground. There would have been a group of 500 or so. The rest of the crowd were Raiders.

Latest posts