What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine wake up - Great news: VICTORIAN VICTORY!

Alan Shore

First Grade
Rleague said:
This Sunday’s NRL semi final between Melbourne Storm and the Bulldogs will now be broadcast live into Melbourne on Channel Nine at 3.00pm.

The Storm’s second final – to be played at Aussie Stadium in Sydney – was originally scheduled for broadcast on delay into Melbourne at 1.05am on Monday morning.

The change in scheduling means Melbourne will now have live coverage of the Storm/Bulldogs clash one hour before Sydney’s broadcast starts at 4.00pm.

It also means Storm fans will be able to watch the match live after having to wait until 11.55pm last Friday night for delayed coverage of the Storm’s first final against the Raiders in Canberra.

“We applaud Channel Nine for broadcasting Sunday’s final live into Melbourne,” Storm executive director John Ribot said.

“It provides the perfect opportunity for those people in Melbourne to watch the Storm live instead of waiting for a delayed coverage.”

Ribot also urged the Melbourne public to get behind the Storm as Victoria’s other team in the finals alongside Collingwood in the AFL.

“We’d like to think that the Melbourne public would tune in and watch their other Victorian team compete in the finals this weekend,” Ribot added.

“There are many Victorians out there keen to follow football at this time of the year but can’t face the prospect of supporting Collingwood – with that being the case we are urging those football fans to get behind the Storm.

“This weekend we are taking on the best of New South Wales and we know there will be many proud Victorians supporting Melbourne Storm in the build up to Sunday’s match.”

Meanwhile, the NRL has announced that all Storm members wishing to purchase tickets to Sunday’s final will receive a 20 per cent discount on pre-purchased tickets with one membership holder eligible to purchase up to four finals tickets.

http://www.rleague.com/article.php?id=13747

Cheap tickets and live telecast! WOOHOO!

Alan Shore

First Grade
incredible_holc said:
Its also a great little speach Ribot has made aswell. Trying to get Melbourn behind the game

Yeah, hopefully he does a bit of advertising to let people know.

dimitri

First Grade
i especially liked this bit

There are many Victorians out there keen to follow football at this time of the year but can’t face the prospect of supporting Collingwood – with that being the case we are urging those football fans to get behind the Storm.

“This weekend we are taking on the best of New South Wales and we know there will be many proud Victorians supporting Melbourne Storm in the build up to Sunday’s match.”

Alan Shore

First Grade
Wild Man From Borneo said:
I hope they advertise the s**t out of it. So that they will get decent ratings and hopefully show another finals game live.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I want all remaining finals matches live, whether they feature Melbourne or not.

Azkatro

First Grade
Now's certainly the time to do this. Melbourne's participation in the AFL finals is weaker than its ever been.

Special K

Coach
Great stuff. Go you bloody storm! get that title and just shower(excuse the pun) Vic with storm colours!!

Stevo_G

Juniors
Great news for the victorian public, but ch 9 should of showed the match in melbourne on friday night and also the storm should organise ch 9 to show their season matches

JTR

Juniors
What was the reasoning behind Nine dropping the 3:00pm Saturday showing of ALL Storm games?
(like they did previously)

Was there ever any official explanation?

JTR

Juniors
incredible_holc said:
it was a crap time slot
never rated and the storm got bad crowds

Well have you noticed a significant increase in crowd numbers now that their games aren't being shown? I sure as hell haven't.

And what have the games been replaced with? Crappy re-re-re-re-re-re-run movies!
Yeah, good one. Ratings bonanza Nine have found for themselves there!

Alan Shore

First Grade
Johnny the Red said:
incredible_holc said:
it was a crap time slot

Well have you noticed a significant increase in crowd numbers now that their games aren't being shown? I sure as hell haven't.

And what have the games been replaced with? Crappy re-re-re-re-re-re-run movies!

They have actually.

JTR

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Johnny the Red said:
incredible_holc said:
it was a crap time slot

They have actually.

What??

The cowds have increased significantly?

Or the crappy movies have been hugely successful?

dimitri

First Grade
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tamazoid wrote:
Johnny the Red wrote:
incredible_holc wrote:
it was a crap time slot

They have actually.

What??

The cowds have increased significantly?

Or the crappy movies have been hugely successful?

i think you will find the average crowd has jumped by about 3000

JTR

Juniors
ok well my lame unresearched theory stands corrected.

still bullshizzle that they don't show the games on FTA like they used to though.