What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best and worst league print journo?

Who is the worst league print journo out of this lot?

• Peter Frilingos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Mascord

• Paul Kent

• Roy Masters

• Brad Walter

• Dean Richie

• James Hooper

• Steve Ricketts

• Total voters

iggy plop

First Grade
Overall league has some quality print journos, but I don't like boring, cliched yes men who state the bleedin' obvious all the time and one sticks out. The Daily Tele needs new blood at the top.

Mascord is the best and so is Masters. Kent's good too.

Anonymous

Juniors
The Telegraph has been in a rut for years. But I guess they found their formula and are simply sticking with it. Some of the stuff Frilingos writes is just plain sensationalism - but that what we can expect from a tabloid.

The Sydney Morning Herald has been going the same way for some time.

Rebecca Wilson's gossip column is nonsense... watching her on 'The Fat' on Tuesday nights, I wonder how she ever gained enough crediblity to gain accetance as a sports writer. She was better suited staying at 'Beauty and the Beast'.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Good: Mascord, Masters

Bad: Kent

Ugly: Frillingos, Kieza (I know he's not a footy journo but his fixation with Choc Mundine qualifies him somewhat)

Cheers,
Ben S.

aphelion

Juniors
Best? Hmm...a tough one! Kent isn't too bad, despite his Bulldogs fixation.
Worst? Tie between Wilson (even though her column isn't exactly "journalism") and tool boy Frilingos.

Mascord's the best of them by a mile. Can't believe I'm the first to mention Danny Weidler for the worst, though. He makes Rebecca Wilson's efforts look good.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Dean Moriarty said:
Mascord's the best of them by a mile. Can't believe I'm the first to mention Danny Weidler for the worst, though. He makes Rebecca Wilson's efforts look good.

At least he hasn't been caught out fabricating stories like Rebecca "Super League" Wilson has though. Her story about Wendell Sailor & Lote Tuqiri sharing a beer after their Super 12 match ran in editions of The Sunday Telegraph that were available BEFORE the match had even ended. Priceless.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Tuffnell

Juniors
Dean Moriarty said:

Yeah, absolutely. Weidler is f**king hopeless.

millersnose

Post Whore
weidler

i have seen in his gossip collumn stuff ripped word for word of both the sharks official forum and the rleague forum

iggy plop

First Grade
oh yeah I forgot - Rebecca "bandwagon" wislon. Her "in the vault" section of the gossip rubbish is real classy. And she is the most annoying person on The Fat by a long shot. As gossip columns go, Wielder's isn't too bad.

Peter Frilingos would be more suited to a Sunday gossip column.

Alan Shore

First Grade
What do Rebecca Wilson and Danny Weidler have in common?

They write in their columns about each other, both are guilty of poor journalism, and their surnames both start with W! I think we should have a marriage! Rebecca Wilson-Weidler sounds good!

Best: Steve Mascord, Karl de Kroo
Worst: Roy "Dragons this, Dragons that" Masters, Goose Gould, Danny Weidler, Rebecca Wilson

Southernsaint

Staff member
Tamazoid said:
What do Rebecca Wilson and Danny Weidler have in common?

They write in their columns about each other, both are guilty of poor journalism, and their surnames both start with W! I think we should have a marriage! Rebecca Wilson-Weidler sounds good!

Best: Steve Mascord, Karl de Kroo
Worst: Roy "Dragons this, Dragons that" Masters, Goose Gould, Danny Weidler, Rebecca Wilson

Roy Masters broke the the biggest footy story since Super League - the league side of the whole "Oasis" story, Frillingos is still doing puff pieces on how C*nterbury are going to "right the wrong commited against them" in 2003 & how ever bloody season is "the best season ever" - I know which journalist I prefer...

Some of the crap that the Tele came up with, such as the "real" Grand Final simulation between Easts & C*nterbury was an insult of the team that played fair to get there, The Warriors.

Cheers,
Ben S.

cheese

Bench
Its Mascord then daylight....

Weidler can be a worm .....but i'll give credit to him .......He gets it right more than he gets it wrong imo....

Rebecca wilson is a cheap ********

Razor

Coach
Willow said:
The Telegraph has been in a rut for years. But I guess they found their formula and are simply sticking with it. Some of the stuff Frilingos writes is just plain sensationalism - but that what we can expect from a tabloid.

The Sydney Morning Herald has been going the same way for some time.

Rebecca Wilson's gossip column is nonsense... watching her on 'The Fat' on Tuesday nights, I wonder how she ever gained enough crediblity to gain accetance as a sports writer. She was better suited staying at 'Beauty and the Beast'.

Rebecca Wilson got into League journalism, by being the SL marketing manager. Prior to that she was the Channel 10 marketing manager (and didn't she do a great job at that)

jack coburn

Juniors
Rebecca Wilson's gossip column is nonsense... watching her on 'The Fat' on Tuesday nights, I wonder how she ever gained enough crediblity to gain accetance as a sports writer. She was better suited staying at 'Beauty and the Beast'.[/quote] she's another league hater,for a so called gossip columnist she mysteriasly missed wendell's effort,but it's another case of the negative attitude of a few league hating people,who while pretending to like it subtlely attack it,you never or rearly see them portray union in a negative light just putting shit on league

Karl De Kroo no longer writes league stuff, he went from the Canberra times to somewhere in Mexico. We now have Chris Wilson, who has been doing a good job on the Raiders this year.

Good thing is we don't have to put up with Frilingoose and co down here, unless you choose to buy that rag. I still remember the reception Frilingoose got at the Dally M's fan part last year :D

Special K

Coach
Weidler. As we would post bullshit on rleague and the offical and then he would write about it in the paper days later.

It got so bad that one stage we had to hide how badly the club was chasing Devere so he could slip from the Broncos.