What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels team of the week: Part 1

Stagger eel

Staff member
Every Friday through the offseason I will announce a THEME!! team of the week which we can have a laugh, cry or whinge about you may chose to ignore it or give us your imput.

My first team consists of the most overated signings I've ever experianced as a Parra supporter. These player signings were well publicised at the time but unfortunatly turned out to be complete duds.

Overated signings.

1 David Riolo
2 Brett Plowman
3 Iva Roparti
4 Andy Patmore
5 Ken Wolfe
6 Luke Goodwin
7 Paul Green
13 Willie Leyshan
12 Nathen Gibbs
11 Daryl Williams
10 Nate Turner
9 Jeff Fenech
8 Dean Sampson

Eelectrica

Referee
I think it's a little unfair that Willie Leyshon is on the list considering he was signed after retiring due to injury.
Paul Green was unlucky as well - as soon as he started finding form he copped an unlucky injury.

Anyway these lists should provide some entertainment during the offseason keep 'em coming 8)

Eelectrica

Referee
Didn't we once sign an ex-NFL player or was that someone else? I just seem to remember a club signing someone who played in the NFL.

Misty Bee

First Grade
1 Andrew Leeds
2 Brett Plowman
3 Nathan Barnes
4 Ken Woolfe
5 Glenn West
6 Ben Duckworth
7 Stu Galbraith
8 Gary Larson
9 Mark Bugden (except when he flattened Benny Elias!)
10 Steve Crouch
11 Jim Dymock
12 Lew Platz
13. Bob Lindner

Coach: BRIAN SMITH!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Coach: BRIAN SMITH![/quote]

1.Jeff Pearl
2.Brett Plowman
3.Nathan Barnes
4.Russel Wyer
5.Wayne Simmonds
6.Luke Goodwin
7.Stu Gailbraith
8.Peter Jonhston
9. Geoff Bugden
10.Paul Clarke
11.Steve Crouch
12.Jim Dymock
13.Bob Linder

Misty Bee

First Grade
I'm glad you agree re Dymock. He came as a Clive Churchil medallist with a huge future, and ended up a dud. At least Dykes had injuries to blame, and eventually found form!

As for the coach - no contest is it!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
I'm glad you agree re Dymock. He came as a Clive Churchil medallist with a huge future, and ended up a dud. At least Dykes had injuries to blame, and eventually found form!

Absolutely....Dymock was the most overatted player we have had i reckon...we payed a fortune for him and only got a handfull of good games from him in his last season for us playing hooker.....i can't understand why Parra fans where so in love with this bloke when he did us bugger all for us!!.....Jason Smith & Pay where two legitimate good buys for us!!

For every one good pass Dymock threw he'd throw a 100 shockers!!!

Chipmunk

Coach
Misty Bee said:

Dykes eventually found form!!! Have you gone forward in time or something and come back???? The only form Dykes might have found was checking out Friday's Daily Telegraph Race Guide!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Chipmunk said:
Misty Bee said:

Dykes eventually found form!!! Have you gone forward in time or something and come back???? The only form Dykes might have found was checking out Friday's Daily Telegraph Race Guide!!

No Dykes did find some good form in the last few games of the year...he was close to Parra's best in the final two games,

Let's hope he stays injury free next year and enjoys a good season as under study to Thorman :lol: :lol: :D

The Colonel

Immortal
1. Dean Raper
2. Wayne Simonds
3. Vince Fawcett
4. Iva Ropati
5. Andy Patmore
6. Luke Goodwin
7. John Simon
8. Dean Sampson
9. Kalaveti Naisoro
10. Nate Turner
11. Peter McPhail
12. Bob Lindner
13. Mark Barnes

The Colonel

Immortal
In my opinion he never delivered - he was ok for a while but could have gone further - too many problems with his weight. He had some good games - but then again so did McFadden, Freeman, Jolly, Galbraith and so on. They just didn't arrive with the same hype.

Just another thing we disagree on Misty..... probably won't be the last.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Colonel Eel said:
1. Dean Raper
2. Wayne Simonds
3. Vince Fawcett
4. Iva Ropati
5. Andy Patmore
6. Luke Goodwin
7. John Simon
8. Dean Sampson
9. Kalaveti Naisoro
10. Nate Turner
11. Peter McPhail
12. Bob Lindner
13. Mark Barnes

Nate Turner :lol: :lol: he was an imortal when it came to dud signings!!

Not a bad NFL player though.