What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ones that got away

Ron Jeremy

Coach
El Duque said:
Ron Jeremy said:
It's a pitty about Danny Sulivan.......i thought he was going to be the next best thing.....a huge bloke with enourmous potential but?? unfortunately has had massive injury problems!!

It will be even worse should he start playing great for the Warriors. Dunno why we didn't re-sign him and show a little faith as I doubt he'd cost much.

Apparently he's a big admirer of Daniel Anderson as he used to be coached by him......i'd hate to see him start playing well as i doubt he would return to Parra while Anderson is there coaching.

I think Parra did show abit of faith but?? 2 years out injured is stretching the patience abit....but in saying this as you pointed out....i doubt he was on a fortune!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Danny Sullivan was touted as the next "rookie of the year" about 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Alot of clubs had their eye on him then...........perhaps the Warriers just have a good memory.

I saw him play at Carrara Oval in a preseason againts the Tigers..................he kicked arse. He was our best forward on the day and it was a fairly good forward pack at the time.

He looked the goods.......shame about the injury.

Chipmunk

Coach
team eidorb said:
these players all have something in common:
FULLBACKS:
Clinton Schifcofske -Raiders
Brett Hodgson Tigers
Michael Withers -Bulls
WINGERS:
Pat Richards -Tigers
Scott Donald -Sea Eagles
David Djukich -Tigers
Stuart Kelly -Broncos
Joven Clarke -???
CENTRES:
Willie Tonga -Bulldogs
Adam Mogg -Raiders
Dayne Neirinckx -Bulldogs
John Wilson -Tigers
David Kidwell -Storm
FIVE-EIGHTHS:
Michael Buettner -Tigers
Todd Bates -Knights
Michael Miegan -Cowboys
Steve Witt -Knights
Jamie Russo -Rabbitohs
Casey McGuire -Broncos
HALFBACKS:
Andrew McFadden -Storm
Jeff Robson -Sea Eagles
Dennis Moran -London
FRONT ROWERS:
Mark Tookey -Warriors
Kane Cleal -Sea Eagles
Mitechell Sargent -Cowboys
Kirk Reynoldson -Storm
Daniel Heckenberg -Sea Eagles
Alex Chan -Storm
Roy Friend -Sharks
Adam Brideson -Bulldogs
Jason Cayless -Roosters
Joel Clinton -Panthers
Justin Morgan -France
Mark Meredith -Rabbitohs
HOOKERS:
Stuart Webb -Roosters
Daniel Irvine -???
Brad Drew -Raiders
Nathan Hollingsworth -Sea Eagles
PJ Marsh -Warriors
Shayne Dunley -Sea Eagles
SECOND ROWERS:
Danny Sullivan -Warriors
Ben Galea -Tigers
Troy Wozniak -Tigers
Karl Lovell -Sharks
Paul Gallen -Sharks
Andrew Ryan -Bulldogs
Chad Robinson -Roosters
Michael Hodgson -Raiders
Ian Hindmarsh -Raiders
Steve Crouch -France
Jason Smith -Hull
David Solomona -Wakefield
LOCKS:
Jim Dymock -London
Andrew Meads -France
David McLean -Panthers
Brett Ryan -Sea Eagles

I have never even heard of some of these players. If I havent heard of them I think it is safe to say that we were better of letting them go. Of the rest;

We had to make a choice between Hodgson and Schifcofske. Maybe we made the wrong choice but I know Schifcofske was either no Smith fan or Smith favourite!

Wingers are a dime a dozen and you cant keep them all. Our wing talent is good enough at the moment

Tonga I would have kept, but if the coach wasnt going to give him a run then I dont think there was much reason keeping him.

Moran and PJ were great and should never have been allowed to go.

Jason Cayless probably got more money and was a Salary Cap casualty I dare say. It turns out it was a dumb thing to let Joel Clinton go.

Ian Hindy should still be at Parra. Andrew Ryan was and still one of the most average forwards running around. Jason Smith was handy, but at that money was coming to the end of his value. Solomona! Well, he is the casualty of having a coach that has absolutely no idea how to utilise him effectively. Drew could be probably put in the same and Dunley wouldnt get a start if PJ was still at the Club.

Of the rest, well, there are better players out there and I think we did the right thing by letting them go. The purchases we have made to replace those players may not have been the wisest however!!!