What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So we're getting new jerseys next year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There is recent talk that we're getting new jerseys next year.............does a new coach come with them (sorry, force of habit).

This must have been a big decision, from the Parra bean counters. New Guccis come at a cost, design, manufacture ect.

Parra tell us that they had to let Kleal and Kenny go because of the new impending pokie tax, and they could not afford to keep some of their coaching staff.

Well Fitzy....the tax is still impending and yet the costs are being cut now. If the new pokie tax is not implemented, for what ever reasons, do we get our coaching staff back?

New jerseys won't help us win any more games, it just keep the PR guys in a job.

I'm not aware of any cost comparisons, but how can we possible measure the value of the recruiting that Kleal has done for Parra over the years.

It was not so long ago that a youg Luke Burt, amongst others, lived with Crusher, just so he did not have to have his parents drive him from Newcastle to train. I'm not so sure that putting the recruits up, was in Crusher's job description.

I hope we get good value from our new jerseys, as I'm not sure that the decision makers and bean counters have their priorities right at the moment.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think Parramatta should be more concerned about there on field performances then wasting money on designing new jersey's!!

I say let's bring back the old Hardiflex jersey's.....they where awesome!!....we need those Blue & Gold stripes back!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yeah, the '86 premiership jersey was awesome.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing them go radical a bit. Parra have a habit of being a tad staid with their designs. I love the blue Panthers jumper - it's far too good for them.

However, if they dno't, I think the best design they has was the Legends jersey. It was great (if the result wasn't!)

I think you'll find that it is merely a merchandising ploy designed to bost jersey sales.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Yeah, the '86 premiership jersey was awesome.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing them go radical a bit. Parra have a habit of being a tad staid with their designs. I love the blue Panthers jumper - it's far too good for them.

However, if they dno't, I think the best design they has was the Legends jersey. It was great (if the result wasn't!)

I think you'll find that it is merely a merchandising ploy designed to bost jersey sales.

Well it is!!.......i still believe Parra shouldn't go to radical where it resembles something tacky & i do believe we should stick to one jersey alas St George & Sydney City!!

Maybe im a traditionalist where i like my old style jersey's but?? i think Penrith's away jersey is horrible....there Home jersey is good but?? i hate seeing jerseys that are to fancy....where not in Milan on a catwalk!! :lol: :lol:

I say Penrith bring back the old Choclate Soilders jersey's ;-)

Actually our 7's jersey's from 97 would be more then reasonable......how about it??

Chipmunk

Coach
I would stick with the current jumper, but that would be poor marketing sense!

The 86 jumper was good in 86! But it is out dated now.

sportive cupid

Referee
I think they should forget about changing the jersey and concerntrate on those shorts.While watching the AFL GF yesterday ,it occurred to me that Parra need much tighter,shorter,shorts. :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

PJ Marshal

Coach
Id like us waring jersey with our traditional stripes on it again, i like the jersey we have at present but if we have to get new ones i say lets get some stripes on them

Phillips

Referee
i want the jersey to have a yellow background and blue stripes on it, just like the 1998 one

PJ Marshal

Coach
I must admit this jersey is sexy lol

Parra2.jpg

Eelectrica

Referee
MPE, I really like that style jersey. I still wear it from time to time, so as I don't wear out the one a bought a couple of years ago.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Mr Parra Eels said:

Parra2.jpg

Great Jersey!!.......the one i wan't back or similar!!,

That's the only Parra jersey i have & i wear it with pride!! :D

Chipmunk

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Mr Parra Eels said:

Parra2.jpg

Yes, I too have one of those jumpers RJ, but it no longer fits now! I think I got it when I was 13!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Chipmunk said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Mr Parra Eels said:

Parra2.jpg

Yes, I too have one of those jumpers RJ, but it no longer fits now! I think I got it when I was 13!

Yeah i know what your talking about :lol: :lol: ......i just squezee in :D

Still have the old Peerless sticker on it :lol: