What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norths Devils Thread

The_Savage_1

Juniors
burleigh came from behind to beat norths 26-18 i think, we definitely lost. we now play redcliffe in a knockout next week

damn... although taking Inglis and Cronk out wouldn't help. They may get Inglis back next week, but it would be a tough call to drop him after last night

steaming stormer said:
damn... although taking Inglis and Cronk out wouldn't help. They may get Inglis back next week, but it would be a tough call to drop him after last night

Cronk isn't eligible for the Qld Cup semi finals. Has played too many games for the Storm.

Inglis' fill in Smith Samau did a fair job but Norths really died at the back end of that game. They were all over Burleigh in the first half but the momentum of the game shifted mid way during the second half and the defending premiers came storming home.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
i dont think its been said yet but our colts successfully defended their premiership with an upset win over wests panthers

The_Savage_1

Juniors
some player movement news...

we've lost QLT, derek fletcher, brandon costin and pat gardiner (can't remember to which teams). i can confirm if anyone really wants to know which teams they've gone to.

QLT?? NOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh, you didn't mention the 7 try hero Anthony Zipf who left the club early in the season. Costin left to help coach a QRL team didn't he? Fletch is a big loss IMO especially with Shortland and Inglis going to Storm fulltime. He's been a really good winger from what I read. Even played for PNG against the Australian invitational several weeks ago.

I wonder who we have as replacements (apart from a certain C. Walker)

Ah, here we go, found the list of gains & losses.

NORTHS DEVILS (Includes Melbourne Storm players who had played several games for Norths and players who have been signed by the Storm but will most likely play a few games for the Devils )

Gains: Isaac Kaufmann (Bulldogs), Justin O'Neill (Hughenden), Ryan Gilbert (Bundaberg), Sam McPhail (Yeppoon), Cameron Steele (Yeppoon)
Losses: Robert Tanielu (North Qld), Josh Graham (Western Force), Peter Robinson (retired), Pat Gardner (Redcliffe), Steve Irwin (Wynnum), Quentin Laulu-Togagae (Souths Logan), Derek Fletcher (Souths Logan), Ash Millwood (Easts)

girvie

Staff member
Thunderstruck said:
QLT?? NOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh, you didn't mention the 7 try hero Anthony Zipf who left the club early in the season. Costin left to help coach a QRL team didn't he? Fletch is a big loss IMO especially with Shortland and Inglis going to Storm fulltime. He's been a really good winger from what I read. Even played for PNG against the Australian invitational several weeks ago.

I wonder who we have as replacements (apart from a certain C. Walker)
It was reported that Chris Walker will be playing for the Bears not the Devils.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
NORTHS DEVILS 36
Tries: Josh Tatupu 2, Smith Samau, Isaac Kaufmann, Sam Tagataese, James Aubusson, Anthony Boyd
Goals: Jackson Nicolau 4
defeated SOUTHS LOGAN MAGPIES 28
Tries: Quentin Laulu Togagae, Brandon Costin, Tim Cannard, Phil Dennis
Goals: Brandon Costin 5, Tim Cannard

MONY

Juniors
interesting to see QLT and Costin scored against their old clubs.....

Costin used to play for canberra correct as Brandon Pearson be4 changing his name

The_Savage_1

Juniors
NORTHS DEVILS 28
Tries: Ryan Shortland, Josh Tatupu, Marc Brentnall, Sam Tagataese, Jeremy Smith
Goals: Jackson Nicolau 4
drew EASTS TIGERS 28
Tries: Matt Lockyer, Shane Neumann, Donald Malone, Michael Pearce, Luke Branighan, Alec Fata
Goals: Luke Branighan 2

Earl

Coach
Norths Devils 24 (Aaron Morgan, Ryan Shortland, Col Wilkie, Chad Leach tries. Jackson Nicolau 4 goals)

defeated

Burleigh Bears 18 (Phil Ramage, Jamie Russo, Martin Griese, Luke Mercer tries. Phil Ramage goal)

Latest posts