What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How insightful!

Possibly the smartest thing that a rooters fan has ever said......Nothing! :lol:

ozzie

Bench
considering Moffo is a Canterbury supporter i would agree..best thing a Canterbury supporter said

Moffo

Referee
:lol: :lol:

Im not rubbing it in, merely have a good chuckle, its good for the system after all!

Cheers,
Moffo

You should have seen what we had dished out to us yesterday. Moffo's post is like a breath of fresh air in comparison.

But yeah it cains :cry:

roostergirl

Juniors
Laugh away....don't see your team making the Grand Final.

btw....my Grand final was Saturday 27th Setember 2003...remember that game????

:lol: :lol: :lol: Who's laughing now????

ozzie

Bench
totally agree - Roostergirl - there is always next year....Moffo is always welcomed - in fact I laughed - didn't have to get my scissors out..

roostergirl

Juniors
Sorry....it just still hurts.

Going from such an awesome high the week before to the pits of misery 8 days later.

Suprised i dont have pnuemonia after sitting in the rain for 6 hours....would just about top off my week.

Anyways back on the Gold Coast, back to reality and my life lol Only 23 weeks 'til kickoff and I'm back in Sydney :)

Moffy....I expect to see you then!!!!

salivor

First Grade
The last side to say theres always next year was the Eels in 2001 and we all know how good they've been since that Grand Final :lol: .

The Roosters have had a huge influence on the way the game is being played now and they deserve a lot of credit for that and the way they have gone about the competition this year but you've gotta love a good choke ;-) .

ozzie

Bench
yes we admire a good choke

Brisbane 2001
Brisbane 2002
Brisbane 2003

we all laughed

salivor

First Grade
Do you even know what a choke is? Only 2002 could be considered as a choke and thats taken away to an extent since we lost to the eventual premiers. Good one ozzie :lol: .

ozzie

Bench
I know what a choke is - its when you lose when your are expected to win
Brisbane 2001
Brisbane 2002
Brisbane 2003

now tell me of any better choke than leading a competition and telling everyone it is all over then losing how many games in a row and falling into the semis...

Your crowd are now bredding a losing culture - don't worry - 6th is good, lets win the wooden spoon better than losing a grand final - hmmm you have to be taking the mickey out of me...becuase you can't be serious

salivor

First Grade
No you don't know what a choke is.

At the end of 2000 we'd lost a lot of experience in the likes of Thorn, Carroll, Walters, Hancock and Priddis which meant there were serious doubts how we would go in 2001. We did alright early in 2001 but we were struck down hard by injuries to the halves, lost a serious amount of games coming into the finals and nobody gave us a hope in hell, especially after our loss to the Sharks first week of the finals. We were expected to be sent packing by the Saints but won and then managed to stick in with but lose to a very good Eels side.

In 2002 we weren't favourites to win the comp. We lead early but once again we lost games coming into the finals but were still considered a premiership threat. We got the week off by beating Parra and lost to the Roosters in the prelim semi when they were running hot. You can consider it a choke but not a huge one considering we went down narrowly in a tight game.

In 2003 we weren't title favourites at the start of the year, that honor went to the Bulldogs and Roosters. We led before Origin but then were struck down so hard with injuries that some grades couldn't field teams. We lost 7 games in a row coming into the finals and weren't considered a hope in hell of winning the comp. The fact that we went down to the Panthers first up wasn't a choke and was hardly a surprise.

So once again, you wouldn't know what a choke was if it bit you on the arse.

Big Tim

First Grade
I know everyone is laughing at you and that you guys are sick of it, but I as a Knights supporter am here to say "Bad Luck".

You guys were one of the best teams all year and it would be such a bad feeling to lose in a gf, though I dont know that pain yet and would prefer to have been knocked out in week 1 of the finals than suffer a gf loss. I am happy that the Roosters are not the Premiers, but that doesnt mean I am happy that the Panthers are. I would only be happy if it was the Knights. Comiserations and good luck in 2004 and may the Newcastle/Roosters battle continue.

dice

Juniors
We were outplayed in unfavourable weather conditions. I wouldn't call it a choke. Parramatta on the other hand ..... now that's a choke :lol:

Kaz

junior
roostergirl said:
F*CK YOU MOFFY!!!!

This F*cking HURTS!!

It is not hurting me.

Oh yes it is, my sides are sore from LAUGHING that the Panther WON.

I would like to say I know what it is like for your team to lose a GF, but I don't.