What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith won, ho hum.

shadowboxer

First Grade
as Buzz Aldrin said after following Neil Armstrong to be the SECOND man on the moon.

"First comes right after Second" deal with it just like Buzz did

Anonymous

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Willow said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
...I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning. Our handling was attrocious due to the wet...
LOL... it takes all kinds.
RC, are you sure you didnt watch a different match? :lol:

The Roosters were not the better team and they didn't lose the match - Penrith outplayed them in defence and scored three tries to one.
And something which may have slipped past you about the weather... both sides were playing on the same footy pitch.

The best team of 2003 was Penrith - they won the minor premiership and the grand final... it doesn't get anymore definite than that.

The Roosters came second.

When did I say that Easts were the better team last night?

I never said you said that. I'm saying that you're wrong to suggest that Easts lost the match rather than Penrith winning it. You also blamed the weather. :lol:

Nevertheless, you did say that Roosters were a better team:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
I will take nothing away from Penrith they played better than we did on the night, but as far as I'm concerned the Roosters are a better football team than Penrith.
I assume by 'a better football team' you mean this as being over the year (?).
Then why were the Panthers minor premiers? Was this because the Roosters are a better team?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Geez, there are some sore winneres here today!

More like one sore loser...
good job penny panthers you were the best team in 03' your guys will be up there in 04' but look out for the eels

slippery eel

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
I'm here. Sure Penrith won and good luck to them but I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning. Our handling was attrocious due to the wet and it was probably our worst performance of the year. We took some wrong options during that period in the 2nd half when we were getting on top. We'll be back better than ever next year but the question has to be asked will Penrith?

you lost cause Penrith matched you in the forwards!. The Roosters forwards led by Morley tried to smash Penrith, but the Panther forwards stood up and dished it back. Than it came down to the backline which the Panthers were more skillful on the night.

YOU WERE SMASHED.

roostergirl

Juniors
FFS We lost fair & square.

Panthers defence was awesome and caused us to make shitloads of mistakes. We had plenty of opportunity to score but didn't.

I am a roosters supporter and this hurt so much that at Telstra Stadium I cried like a baby with 5 mins to go, but I am not that delusional to say that Penrith didn't deserve that win.

2003 Penrith def Roosters end of story.

Bring on 2004....a brand new season.

antonius

Coach
Rooster Cogburn. said:
I'm here. Sure Penrith won and good luck to them but I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning. Our handling was attrocious due to the wet and it was probably our worst performance of the year. We took some wrong options during that period in the 2nd half when we were getting on top. We'll be back better than ever next year but the question has to be asked will Penrith?
Clagburn....Here you are, we've all been waiting in the Knights forum here for you to view the replies to your pre-match thread... But no show, What's wrong "CAT GOT YOUR TOUNGE?" or should that be "CAT GOT YOUR TROPHY?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

with_ham

Juniors
Cogburn ur a one-eyed fool! Penrith were minor premiers, premiers and also dished out the biggest defeat to the roosters all season, with critics doubting them all along the way.

AND just to rub the loss in a little, I read in a Sydney paper on Monday...
"Chris Walker should have stayed at souths, at least then he would have won the wooden spoon". I guess that says something for the roosters who have nothing to show for season 2003! :lol: :lol: :lol:

taxidriver

Coach
A summary of everything Cockburn has said on this thread....

boo hoo hoo boo hoo sniffle boo hoo hoo boo hoo snort, sniffle
boo hoo

You got thumped by the best team this year, live with it.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I agree that Penrith were the best team last night but I don't agree that Penrith were the best team all year. They had a dream run with hardly any injuries and the rep season didn't effect them. Winning the minor premiership doesn't necessarally mean that you're the best. Look at Souths in 89 or Cronulla in 99. As I said Penrith were better last night but Easts are still a better footy team than them.[/quote][/quote]

LOL! :roll: Dream Run? We played some of the toughest teams in the competition and still beat them! Free of injuries?? Girds was out for half the season with a Sternal Injury, Priddis and Puletua were out for the first qualifying final! O.K. your right about the Rep season not affecting us much, but quite a few of our players are kids who are playing well against Rep players, and havent even tasted Rep football themselves: Lewis, Rooney, Ross, Waterhouse, Swain, Rodney, Campbell and yes, even Wesser.
R.C. stop creaming yourself and come back down to earth! Admit you were outclassed by a better team. We fully deserve the minor premiership and we deserve the premiership as well. All this Bulls*#t about the Roosters worse performance all season and loosing because it was raining are pathetic excuses!! If it was the roosters worse performance all season, why did Ricky, Freddy and the boys save it for the Grand Final??? As I recall (I was at the game, were you?) Shannon Heggarty gave us some very anxious moments out there, and when he was in open space and unmarked, my heart literally stopped! And if it had not been for Satts, Todd Byrne would have definately crossed for a try! - Would have been a different story then! And as for your Bulls*#t about the rain, well..... If the Roosters aren't an all-weather team, how could they, as you claim be a better team than Penrith?? :roll:

Come off your soapbox, admit you were beaten by a better team, give cedit where it's due and save your analysis and energy for next season.

Pantherjim.

There's no use reasoning with the unreasonable.

I mean we're talking about a dimwit in the form of Rooster 'Gooster' Cogburn, who went down to low depths to make racist comments about Rhys Wesser. He then tried to explain himself on the Panthers website that he wasn't trying to be racist and was quite apologetic about making such comments. Then he goes back to the Wall Forum and posts a thread, calling the Panther supporters dumb!!

Therapy would be my recommendation for this 'poor simple fool'.

Go and enjoy your end of season trip Cogburn!!

YOUR TEAM IS GOOOOONNNEE!!

THE ROOSTERS ARE GOOOONNNNEE!!!

THEY ARE NOT THE PREMIERS ANY LONGER!!!!!

NONE OF THE OTHER TEAM'S SUPPORTERS LIKE THEM (as what's been demonstrated in these forums)

THEIR SEASON IS FINISHED!!

THEY WILL BE FORGOTTEN!!!

and most of all...........

Rooster Cogburn.........................GET OUT OF HERE YOU RACIST, XENOPHOBIC, IDIOTIC FOOL!!!!

fazmeister

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Let's see how Penrith goes when they have to provide 5 or 6 players during Origin and the rest of the rep season and they have 3 or 4 players carrying injuries for weeks on end who have to rely on painkilling injections to get them through. Also every team will be gunning for them in every match they play next year. I'll predict right now that Penrith won't make the 8 in season 2004. Feel free to re-post this when the 8 is finalised at the end of the 2004 season.

You forgot to mention that Penrith may now be contracted to become pretty boys involved in homosexual sunsilk base elements commercials. Congrats Penny Panthers, I feel proud donning my brown and white scarf for another day

midas

Juniors
Rooters have to come to grips with the fact that if Freddy doesn,t play or has an off-day then they will lose 7 out of 10 times.
They are more dependant on FF than the Knights are on Joey Johns and after last Sunday ,this fact will be more firmly embedded in their psyche than ever.
And now that the Penny Panthers have burst the Chooks bully boy image ,next year is gonna be real tough for them.
Not only will the Panthers finish in front of the Club With No Juniors but so will a few other sides.

bob_the_knight

Juniors
What a ridiculous topic!!
Of cours the Penny Panthers deserved everything they got, they were brave, powerful and skillful.
All of their playmakers had blinders, and the roosters didn;t. Every1 in the panthers played great and they deserve their title, WELL DONE BOYS!!!

trevorm

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
shadowboxer said:
yeah you lost the game but penrith kicked your latte drinking ass.
Give credit where credit is due. To say that penrith wont be anywhere next year is like saying that gus gould is a coaching genius
Ill give it you though, youve got guts coming on here.

Why don't you say something original you boring fool.
I will take nothing away from Penrith they played better than we did on the night, but as far as I'm concerned the Roosters are a better football team than Penrith. I guess we'll just have to prove it next year and we will! :D

Its so funny that this nob was a constant pest on the Panthers forum before the grand final but hasn't been game to show his ugly head since.

Loser

trevorm

Juniors
Zoidberg said:
This Roosters (and others i'm sure) sound exactly like Parramatta fans in 2001, "oh yeah we layed sh*t tonight, but we'll win next year definently"
Three points.
1-2001 and 2003 the better team won on the night (better team all year for the Panthers), the opposition played as well as they were allowed, they made no more mistakes than usual, they were just made to pay for them all.
2-Overconfident attitudes suck
3-Hopefully the roosters take the same path as parramatta,

I could not have said it better myself

Latest posts