What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UTC BIG SIGNING

dimitri

First Grade
Bawden makes French switch

Bawden is a former Melbourne Storm player
London Broncos prop Russell Bawden has joined Super League hopefuls Union Treiziste Catalane.
The 30-year-old Australian has agreed a two-year deal with the Perpignan-based French club, who have been earmarked for a place in British rugby league's top flight in 2005.

UTC's new coach Steve Deakin, who worked with Bawden during his time as assistant coach at London in 2002, said: "The boost to the club and the squad of signing somebody of Russ' quality will help us achieve our goals."

Bawden, one of the few players to have made 100 appearances in both Super League and the NRL, said: "This is the third expansion club I have joined and, when Steve put the offer to me, I did not want to miss out."

In-goal

Bench
i think it's a backward step for U.T.C. i think they should be colecting all the French Juniours and some real high proffile stars.

joshreading

Staff member
Baawden atleast used to be a work horse, something any team needs especially when transitionaing to Top level League. They need someone to show the French juniors how to work HARD.

In-goal

Bench
I think what the French club needs to do is sign all the French juniors before they are poached buy Onion.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I agree. Snare as many talented juniors as possible (I assume they'd have more cash than their French league rivals) and try and lure away a few talented Poms and Aussies.

Take Kimmorley. Please!

Chris

Latest posts